2019 Spring Game: April 13, 6:30 PM

Machinator

I missed kickoff at the B12 championship game because some goddamn blue hairs were so excited to "finally be in a stadium where you can get a craft cocktail," the ordering of which prevented us from getting our humble miller lites in time. Fuck "craft cocktails" at football games.

• Haha 1

Raining cats and dogs in Austin area today.  Dang weather patterns in central Texas tend to repeat in 6-7 day intervals during April.

Please God 🙏🙏🙏, provide good weather in Austin next Saturday for The Spring Game!!  🤘

the 50-90% chance of thunderstorms (depending on your forecast of choice) for Saturday PM is not boding well for the Spring Game, let alone the baseball game and all the pre-game broo-ha-ha that CDC has planned.  I would think it would be difficult to move everything to Palm Sunday.  But then again we've had the Spring Game on Easter Weekend before, but it was just the game with no other fanfare or athletics events or anything of the magnitude of what UT has planned for Saturday.  

The weather will be fine by Saturday late afternoon (though I'm waiting to make plans until PhDhorn chimes in).  As long as we can get in 5 innings with KSU and then the Spring Game, I'm happy.  But I think some of the earlier pre-game stuff will suffer from rains.  

27 minutes ago, Lobo said:

The weather will be fine by Saturday late afternoon (though I'm waiting to make plans until PhDhorn chimes in).  As long as we can get in 5 innings with KSU and then the Spring Game, I'm happy.  But I think some of the earlier pre-game stuff will suffer from rains.  

I'm no PhDhorn....but all indications are the rain will be cleared out by Noon.

Plotter.php?lat=30.2738&lon=-97.7868&wfo=EWX&zcode=TXZ192&gset=18&gdiff=3&unit=0&tinfo=CY6&ahour=48&pcmd=11101111110000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000&lg=en&indu=1!1!1!&dd=&bw=&hrspan=48&pqpfhr=6&psnwhr=6

On the weather:  should be more or less no worries.  Rain should be gone by early afternoon or so... chance of some light brief wraparound rain in evening, but less than 20% and I doubt it'll happen.  Mostly anything before noon... after that, should be fine.

Just be aware that temps will get kind of cool around game time... probably lower 60's to start, by end of game high 50's and breezy NW wind.  Definitely bring sleeves especially for the kiddies if they're going to the scrimmage.  You'll feel that north wind, especially the higher decks.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

On the weather:  should be more or less no worries.  Rain should be gone by early afternoon or so... chance of some light brief wraparound rain in evening, but less than 20% and I doubt it'll happen.  Mostly anything before noon... after that, should be fine.

Just be aware that temps will get kind of cool around game time... probably lower 60's to start, by end of game high 50's and breezy NW wind.  Definitely bring sleeves especially for the kiddies if they're going to the scrimmage.  You'll feel that north wind, especially the higher decks.

Best places to sit to avoid the chilly breezes??   

Thanks..... bringing some older folks that need to stay warm 🤘

10 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Best places to sit to avoid the chilly breezes??   

Thanks..... bringing some older folks that need to stay warm 🤘

Hope your older folks stick around for the Ludacris concert so they can get down. Maybe like the older gentleman in the video, they'll learn the meaning of "crunk."