Superbowl eats...

Kyrie Eleison

14 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

Really poor placement of the dipping sauce. The wings are already at the chest area, pretty near the mouth, but then you need to reach across your body and down to the waist to dip, and then come back up to eat.

But, I know something you don't know......

....I eat chicken wings lefthanded.

vlcsnap-00054.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

Really poor placement of the dipping sauce. The wings are already at the chest area, pretty near the mouth, but then you need to reach across your body and down to the waist to dip, and then come back up to eat.

What if the dip is for the chips, smart guy? Huh? What then?

I know is $5 and I’m overthinking this, but the harness is completely asymmetrical and would tip over to the left if the wearer shifts weight too much. You obviously need another beer koozie and dip basket to keep things balanced and for those who are amphibious eaters.
Frog legs would be a good addition

I"m just gonna order a bunch of derka chicken sandwiches.

https://www.fox4news.com/trending/the-kfc-cheetos-sandwich-is-apparently-a-thing

ATLANTA (FOX 5 Atlanta) - Dig if you will the merger of KFC and Cheetos both in a sandwich; the juicy, hand-breaded Extra Crispy chicken filet with special Cheetos sauce. Can you handle this?

KFC is testing its new Cheetos Sandwich in select restaurants across the South. The crunchy Cheetos and chicken breading are complimented with that special Cheetos sauce and mayo on a toasted bun.

Yum! Brands, which owns KFC, is hoping the merger of flavors will be as popular as it's other restaurant's venture with cousin company Frito-Lays. Taco Bell’s Doritos Locos Tacos has been on the market since 2012 and continues to be a success. Yum! is the cousin company of Cheetos and Doritos maker Frito-Lays, thanks to their connections to PepsiCo.

6 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

I know is $5 and I’m overthinking this, but the harness is completely asymmetrical and would tip over to the left if the wearer shifts weight too much. You obviously need another beer koozie and dip basket to keep things balanced and for those who are amphibious eaters.

amphibious?  ambidextrous?

5 minutes ago, futureman said:

jesus you must be built like a dumptruck. 

You seriously think I do this? Cmon man we just having fun. However I am going to mogios in Murphy on Saturday and getting an extra order of wings for Sunday. They are cooked in a oven and come out insanely crispy. 

12 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

You seriously think I do this? Cmon man we just having fun. However I am going to mogios in Murphy on Saturday and getting an extra order of wings for Sunday. They are cooked in a oven and come out insanely crispy. 

you thought that was a serious response?

Made two kinds of chicken wings, smoked honey bbq and buffalo. 35 wings in each batch.

Both were washed, patted dry, then sprinkled with a seasoning salt blend (something I made a couple of weeks ago and had laying around) and baking powder, to make em crispy.

Did the buffalo wings on the top rack of the gas grill, on low heat.  Grilled for about an hour till they were done, and crispy.  Tossed in the Frank's Red Hot Buffalo pre-made sauce, and it was damned fine.  Seriously, using the baking powder and being patient to let them crisp up really helped.

The second batch, I tossed on the smoker at around 300.  Smoked em for about 90 minutes, then put them on the top rack of the gas grill for 15 mins at a higher temp to crisp up some more.  Tossed in honey BBQ sauce, they were fantastic.

Both sets were really easy, and turned out great.  And they got hammered by our crowd.

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Made two kinds of chicken wings, smoked honey bbq and buffalo. 35 wings in each batch.

Both were washed, patted dry, then sprinkled with a seasoning salt blend (something I made a couple of weeks ago and had laying around) and baking powder, to make em crispy.

Did the buffalo wings on the top rack of the gas grill, on low heat.  Grilled for about an hour till they were done, and crispy.  Tossed in the Frank's Red Hot Buffalo pre-made sauce, and it was damned fine.  Seriously, using the baking powder and being patient to let them crisp up really helped.

The second batch, I tossed on the smoker at around 300.  Smoked em for about 90 minutes, then put them on the top rack of the gas grill for 15 mins at a higher temp to crisp up some more.  Tossed in honey BBQ sauce, they were fantastic.

Both sets were really easy, and turned out great.  And they got hammered by our crowd.

Co-sign on the wing prep.  Tried it out for the first time yesterday.  I cooked mine in the oven and I was blown away by how crispy/juicy they turned out.

oh, for a sauce, I found a new favorite.  1/2 c. sugar, 1/2 c. fish sauce, Thai chilis and some minced garlic that I cooked ahead to get crispy.  It’s basically an easy version of Pok Pok wings.

*. The directions I followed also called for letting the wings, once tossed in BP, sit uncovered in th fridge overnight on a wire rack.

Edited by scottsins