If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

23 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

I’m not gonna a dime so I’m out for this so Im out. I’m on an unending series of $5 SXM offers with a shitton of channels and debate that every few months.then it’s free again for 90 days. And still no value.

Fascinating. Thanks.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I can’t listen to Martín Perez’s Globe Life ad without legitimately thinking he says “Monkeys mean everything to me” instead of “My kids mean…”. My imagination runs wild that he’s taken over as S Texas Snow Monkey Ambassador. 

Edited by Porterhouse

11 hours ago, bluto said:

Can football season hurry up so we can get past Louisiana techs open house weekend commercial. 

Dude don’t you damn dare besmirch the fine name of Kix Brooks. 

Listened to The Dumb Zone. Was incredibly bored. Punched out after 10 minutes. 

I'm sure it will improve but they really do need some formatics like they had with the Hangzone. They're going to miss people like Blake and Mino who aided in the broadcast. They'll miss drops. I'll do the monthly patreon because I doubt this lasts a year. 

• Hook 'Em 2

thats the only option i see.

9 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I'm sure it will improve but they really do need some formatics like they had with the Hangzone. They're going to miss people like Blake and Mino who aided in the broadcast. They'll miss drops. I'll do the monthly patreon because I doubt this lasts a year. 

Totally agreed on Mino, Blake and drops. It was missing and I was bored. I won’t listen again until people here say it’s better. 

I’m not going to listen to them basically spend an hour talking more about leaving. Stop talking about it. It’s over. Move on. Create content. 

16 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Totally agreed on Mino, Blake and drops. It was missing and I was bored. I won’t listen again until people here say it’s better. 

I’m not going to listen to them basically spend an hour talking more about leaving. Stop talking about it. It’s over. Move on. Create content. 

They actually did stop talking about it a few minutes in and moved on. I enjoyed it but like others have said, it's missing the drops and Blake or some other yuck monkey. I just kept expecting to hear it and after a while I kind of got used to it but it could be better. It's a work in progress. LOL 

5 minutes ago, Longhornstampede said:

They actually did stop talking about it a few minutes in and moved on. I enjoyed it but like others have said, it's missing the drops and Blake or some other yuck monkey. I just kept expecting to hear it and after a while I kind of got used to it but it could be better. It's a work in progress. LOL 

looks like it was about 12 min of ticket talk out of an hour and 12 min of podcast based on YT timestamps

dan made mention several times that "maybe we should have thought about this more and had a plan" making a joke.  they will create content.  imagine they will have co-hosts, board ops, etc as they grow.  will be fun to watch it develop.  or it might fail in 5 months.  for now its good to hear my radio buddies doing something.

53 minutes ago, Longhornstampede said:

They kept going back to it. They and Ticket personnel are treating this like 9/11. It’s not. People move on. People die. It’s done with. Stop fucking talking about it and make your product better, because you have a LOT to work on and people will not wait for you to get your shit together.

Rhyner and Sirois and Grubes are very talented radiomen. Yet the move to a different format didn’t and won’t work. Dan & Jake are going to have to work very hard to create a product that doesn’t suck, because that sucked. First impressions are everything. It’s like asking me to donate money to Cade Brewer and then having the worst ads of any web site I go to, and an overall shit product. I’ll never pay here, and won’t there until word of mouth is so strong that I have to. 

3 minutes ago, nolongerU2horn said:

I really doubt if they'll have a board op

Without a board op they’re going to fail. They need to get clearance from cumulus on what old ticket material they can use. If they can’t use any, they will fail. 

Individuals make up The Ticket. Some good and some bad. And while these are two good ones, the institution is much bigger than them. They’ve made a grave error. 

50 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

imagine they will have co-hosts, board ops, etc as they grow.

that’s a decent amount of money they’d be taking out of their own pockets.  they can talk into a microphone on their own and I bet that’s all they’ll do.  unless they get 50,000 subscribers which they won’t. 

I thought their hour was fine but not something I'm going to pay to hear. I'd pay for it if they could set up a segment of their show just ripping on the ticket hosts and the horrible takes. Listening to Jake rip apart Corby's stupid Sooner garbage and hyperbolic nonsense for a month would be worth my $6.90. Only problem is they can't access their audio. 

Maybe it'll change with football season happening but I haven't felt any motivation to listen to the ticket at all. I tried for a few minutes on Monday but it just sucked. 

Edited by Hermanator

It doesn't seem like they burned any bridges at the ticket. Assuming they don't go to the freak and ratings from noon to 3 go into the toilet and also affect lead in to the hardline would the door be open for them to come back? 

4 hours ago, Hermanator said:

I thought their hour was fine but not something I'm going to pay to hear. I'd pay for it if they could set up a segment of their show just ripping on the ticket hosts and the horrible takes. Listening to Jake rip apart Corby's stupid Sooner garbage and hyperbolic nonsense for a month would be worth my $6.90. Only problem is they can't access their audio. 

Maybe it'll change with football season happening but I haven't felt any motivation to listen to the ticket at all. I tried for a few minutes on Monday but it just sucked. 

I mean it’s $7. Why not give it a shot. 

I’m not paying for a couple of guys circlejerking in their basement. It’s not very good. If I were them id call Cumulus tomorrow and eat shit to come back. This isn’t very compelling content and they are doing exactly what the freak guys did. No fuckibg plan. Hey we’re on our own! We can say anything we want. What do we talk about? I don’t expect the Sirois flood of fart humor though.

7 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

I’m not paying for a couple of guys circlejerking in their basement. It’s not very good. If I were them id call Cumulus tomorrow and eat shit to come back. This isn’t very compelling content and they are doing exactly what the freak guys did. No fuckibg plan. Hey we’re on our own! We can say anything we want. What do we talk about? I don’t expect the Sirois flood of fart humor though.

Yes. They did a little of that in the first 1.5 shows. The rest was just like the show. With content. I’ll reserve judgement until a few weeks down the road. It’s 100% better than what is in the time slot at the moment. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, threesheets said:

You think maybe you're taking this a little too seriously?

A lot of posters here are.  the ticket is a soap opera for men comment from pages who was pretty accurate.

I hear The Horn in Austin is no more or about to be no more, maybe the ticket can grab some of those dudes for midday?

Saw on Reddit that Matt Mclarren might be coming back, I'd assume to be paired with Donnie. He's on a Cumulus station in Birmingham and said his last day is Friday. Would make sense to get him in and take him to Cowboys training camp. I honestly can't remember when he was on the Ticket but the name sounds familiar. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

I mean it’s $7. Why not give it a shot. 

I've listened to the first two. I found it to be more entertaining than anything on the ticket past 9:35 and anything at all on the freak. That's worth seven whole dollars to me. They need a third person to keep things focused or for them to gang up on. I think all podcasts need more than two. 

I guess the plan is to bridge the gap with two producers who have to pull double duty for the same amount of pay? How great for them! I'd ask why not Monty for 1-3 but I'd imagine the pay is so terrible that he'd rather keep his regular job. 

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I guess the plan is to bridge the gap with two producers who have to pull double duty for the same amount of pay? How great for them! I'd ask why not Monty for 1-3 but I'd imagine the pay is so terrible that he'd rather keep his regular job. 

Wonder where that leaves Blake

The Dumb Zone patreon does have a link to Blake's Instagram...