2018 Beer

HenryJames

On 3/26/2018 at 5:55 PM, Biscuits And Groovy said:

A lot of these bought out craft breweries aren’t changing their operations after getting bought. It’s just a change in revenue stream. Karbach and Ballast Point haven’t seen any drop in quality after they were purchased by macro. The decision to stop buying a beer after its bought out by macro is a purely sentimental one IMO, and that’s all right. 

celis brewery in austin says hi, you asshole. RIP 2000. Ownership was purchased by Miller Brewing Company, this transaction set cental texas breweries back years.

1 hour ago, AnotherUTFan said:

I had to look it up, but its just to the East of Sacramento and very near El Dorado Hills, the home of a great little brewery called Mraz, they make some really tasty fruity sours.

Thanks, I keep hoping for a Santa Rosa friendly location to hit up RR but everything is in Sacramento or on the North or East side. 

HEB was open tonight and I ran across some Sucaba and Parabola...in a locked case. WTF? No workers to be found except those busy checking people out so I guess I'll try again later. They also had about 100 Bishop's Barrel 20's in there so not sure who is in charge of it, but they seem like an idiot.

33 minutes ago, Okie State said:

HEB was open tonight and I ran across some Sucaba and Parabola...in a locked case. WTF? No workers to be found except those busy checking people out so I guess I'll try again later. They also had about 100 Bishop's Barrel 20's in there so not sure who is in charge of it, but they seem like an idiot.

Locking up $20 bombers doesn’t make sense, but I get the 12 Oz bottles. People will swap out bottles in 6 packs for cheaper one. I know this from buying a couple of 4/6 packs in the past where I got the cheap bottles in the expensive carrier, while someone else apparently got the opposite.  

Locking up $20 bombers doesn’t make sense, but I get the 12 Oz bottles. People will swap out bottles in 6 packs for cheaper one. I know this from buying a couple of 4/6 packs in the past where I got the cheap bottles in the expensive carrier, while someone else apparently got the opposite.  
Fair enough. Sometimes I forget that people are pieces of shit.
If I were you I’d have bought all the parabola.  If it wasn’t to my liking I’d have sold it for big time markup.  You’re fucked up.  Go get that shit...
Ha, I'll go back tomorrow and pick some up. Ain't nobody got time to resell beer. I just drink it.
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, stupidgringo said:

Had a draft hemperor with my breakfast at Choice City in Ft Collins a few weeks ago. I enjoyed it. The aroma was tremendous. 

i had quite a few pints of lagunitas super critical last august at neighborhood bar in san diego.  hemperor was good, but super critical was superb.  hemperor had more nose on it, but not as much flavor, super critical had a good amount of the smell, but the taste was really great.

c507fca0f81c0da771a1d1ea5bc75cef.jpg

4J brewing

1) Damn the 2 lady owners running the tap room are nice

2) Their tap room is more like a closet with no a/c

3) Their pale ale smells and tastes like vomit. Their blond smells like vomit, but tastes pretty pleasant. Their amber is tart... hmmm. Their stout is their best beer, but its pretty mediocre. At least its not vomit-y.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk