2018 Beer

HenryJames

12 hours ago, deft said:

cc89a8b20e019b5c98ae49e9eb79cd5b.jpg

BVB IPA continues to impress me. Really liking this end of the line. Fuck aggy and hope I don’t die from drinking it.

Had their new pilsner that was pretty good. First time I'd had a lager from them. They did the style justice. The aggy thing bothers me inasmuch as it does listening to REK and Lyle. Which is not at all.

6 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

HEB on Burnet.

0a9d87c257010fdbaab142735bf95353.jpg

Thanks.   I stopped by HEB Far West at lunch and they had them so I got two six packs.  They wouldn't scan at the register and the clerk asked me if I knew how much they were.  I told him "I think they're $12.49 each". He kind of hesitated and said "you sure? that seems high".  He offered to have somebody go check but I stood firm.  csb

They also had the Brazos Valley Pilsner on sale for $7.77.  

Thanks.   I stopped by HEB Far West at lunch and they had them so I got two six packs.  They wouldn't scan at the register and the clerk asked me if I knew how much they were.  I told him "I think they're $12.49 each". He kind of hesitated and said "you sure? that seems high".  He offered to have somebody go check but I stood firm.  csb
They also had the Brazos Valley Pilsner on sale for $7.77.  

I haven’t had one yet. I won’t be home until Friday and I can’t wait.

Tried out Fullbrook Ale Works before the game tonight in BFE

Taplist

c3e5efff51fabd2c3c813e31d065e68c.jpg

Sign out front

97ac7d6182927ab9ec2f689532d158d7.jpg

Founded by 3 vets in the old Texian brewing spot. Extremely nice owners. The pale ale was not good, but everything else was at least average, if not better. Their NEIPA was great. Also tried an off-menu Balcones Single Malt BA Quad.

Overall, was expecting the worst, but left impressed. Very strong showing, especially for only being open just over 2 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

I haven’t had one yet. I won’t be home until Friday and I can’t wait.

I was looking forward to this all day yesterday but ongoing in-law drama had me in a pretty sour mood by the time I got home, and I didn't want that to spoil my first impression.  Maybe tonight.  

Switching gears, I noticed that 4th Tap has some new stuff out with redesigned cans.  They're kind of water-colory drawings along the lines of Prairie Artisan, Dogfish Head and many others except not as distinctive. Is this a permanent thing or just for some special releases?  I thought their original branding was fairly decent; at least it was clean and stood out on the shelves. This new stuff seems muddled even for an individual can, and it all runs together with a bunch of other similar themed designs on the shelf.    I dunno, marketing's not my thing at all.

I think this is the best batch of Backwoods Bastard I have had in several years. Got the right sweetness and barrel that it used to have.

Waldo’s special ale tastes different thought. Not bad, but I don’t see myself getting a case of it this year last the past two.

I think this is the best batch of Backwoods Bastard I have had in several years. Got the right sweetness and barrel that it used to have.

Waldo’s special ale tastes different thought. Not bad, but I don’t see myself getting a case of it this year last the past two.
This is good to hear. I haven't seen any lately though.