2018 Beer

HenryJames

c507fca0f81c0da771a1d1ea5bc75cef.jpg

4J brewing

1) Damn the 2 lady owners running the tap room are nice

2) Their tap room is more like a closet with no a/c

3) Their pale ale smells and tastes like vomit. Their blond smells like vomit, but tastes pretty pleasant. Their amber is tart... hmmm. Their stout is their best beer, but its pretty mediocre. At least its not vomit-y.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So my buddy started (and closed) Bindlestick in Leander and while the beer was much better quality than what you’re describing, it was the same industrial warehouse with a small walk-in in the corner type vibe that you’re showing pictures of here. The upside for those guys is that they have those ladies serving and not me helping pour beers like at bindlestick.

13 hours ago, texhorn said:

Dammit, where the fuck is LO berliner weibe!? 

I dig the authentic frontier gibberish.  I speak jive, so I was able to translate.

And my guess is, pretty soon.  Last year I believe it was a midsummer release?  

Alls I know is I'm drinking the hell out of Grodziskie right now.  It's also fun to go half and half with Pilz and make a Pilziskie.  That's what the owner does most of the time these days.

Been bugging the guys at Hop Stop in Humble to get some Great Heights stuff.  the rolled out the Wakefield IPA last week.   Dang I like that beer.   They have two of the Eureka Heights IPAs on tap right now and Wakefield kicks their ass.

Anybody had the Abita Old Fashioned Pale Ale.   Hobida Shibida.  that is a fine beer.  Tastes like an Old Fashioned.   very nice.

• Like 1

Been bugging the guys at Hop Stop in Humble to get some Great Heights stuff.  the rolled out the Wakefield IPA last week.   Dang I like that beer.   They have two of the Eureka Heights IPAs on tap right now and Wakefield kicks their ass.

Anybody had the Abita Old Fashioned Pale Ale.   Hobida Shibida.  that is a fine beer.  Tastes like an Old Fashioned.   very nice.

we have a pint night lined up there in july. i’ll remind you when we’re closer. also brought them the hefe and citramendous, i believe. thanks for the support.
  • Like 1

On 6/7/2018 at 9:34 PM, Macanudo said:

I go to the Hop Stop 2-3 times a month, great beer place way out in this part of the city. It's owned by a couple; I grew up with the wife. Very good people. Cool to see their place get mentioned. My routine is usually to hit the Hop Stop and Ingenious Brewery back to back. 

57 minutes ago, deft said:

Average to good American style Pilsner imo. It’s not a word beater but it’s damn good in the summer heat and worth the price of admission for at least one sixxer

I guess I'll give it a try.  If it sucks, I'm blaming you, deft! 

38 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Are you prepared to walk past Gold, Pilz, Pearl Snap, and Hans Pils to get it?

I doubt I'll walk past them, I'll probably buy them all.  :)

Never hurts having a cooler full of delicious canned local pilsners loaded up in the boat.  And if it sucks, then I'll just move it to the "guest cooler" and let other people finish it off.

But I'll still blame deft.

On 6/12/2018 at 11:45 AM, HenryJames said:

Are you prepared to walk past Gold, Pilz, Pearl Snap, and Hans Pils to get it?

For the record, i've been doing 95% of my beer shopping at Total Wine lately simply because of their unfuckingmatchable beer singles wall. You can get a whole variety of pilsners of a couple bucks each. Anything they have in stock can be bought as a single IIRC. Its what i've been looking for my whole life.