B12 Tournament - Texas vs. #GodsGift - 8pm on ESPN2

Pancho

9 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

At least he tries to drive to the basket, instead of passing the ball around the perimeter for 20 seconds.

Mitrou long is hot garbage

We had a better chance of winning if literally any other player on the roster played his minutes. Everything he did tonight sucked 

Just now, MotownHorn said:

We had a better chance of winning if literally any other player on the roster played his minutes. Everything he did tonight sucked 

This.  I mean, Shaka could be coaching for his fucking job and Long is dribbling behind his back playing pickup ball against Kansas.  It’s truly unbelievable.

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

can you imagine the next coach trying to run an offense with these players?  might as well just get a shirt that says "what the fuck are you doing?" to wear at practice.

I mean you’re not wrong...but this fucker has been here 4 years and it’s the best he’s got? Fuck that

1 minute ago, CurlyDumps said:

This.  I mean, Shaka could be coaching for his fucking job and Long is dribbling behind his back playing pickup ball against Kansas.  It’s truly unbelievable.

I don't think he cares about the job. he's got 13M banked. My hope is CDC sees that he doesn't give a shit either.  probably can't wait to get out of here and get paid. He's an east coast guy. needs to go back home.

3 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

Something I don’t think is talked about enough is how badly Shaka struck out on his two transfers. I mean we are talking two absolute whiffs.

7 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

can you imagine the next coach trying to run an offense with these players?  might as well just get a shirt that says "what the fuck are you doing?" to wear at practice.

Nah. Get a real coach and the O will look good next year. This team is talented. Shaka’s coaching just obscures it.

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I don't think he cares about the job. he's got 13M banked. My hope is CDC sees that he doesn't give a shit either.  probably can't wait to get out of here and get paid. He's an east coast guy. needs to go back home.

He cares. He’s just utterly inept. He knows it’s over now, though. You can see it on his face.

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Nah. Get a real coach and the O will look good next year. This team is talented. Shaka’s coaching just obscures it.

He cares. He’s just utterly inept. He knows it’s over now, though. You can see it on his face.

I'm sure he cares about the players.  job not so much.  I think we all over estimate the talent on this team but it is much better than 16-16

9 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Well. Febres and Ramey are good players, I'd be ok with them as the starting guards next year. Sims still has value. After that I have no idea what is here. Coleman and Long should be shown the door, probably Hamm and Cunningham as well. Go get some JUCO's that can play.

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I'm sure he cares about the players.  job not so much.  I think we all over estimate the talent on this team but it is much better than 16-16

He cares about the job. This was his best chance at a successful career. It’ll be tough for him to revive it at this point. He’s just not a good coach.

Nah. This team is very talented. I think you underestimate how poor the coaching is.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Well. Febres and Ramey are good players, I'd be ok with them as the starting guards next year. Sims still has value. After that I have no idea what is here. Coleman and Long should be shown the door, probably Hamm and Cunningham as well. Go get some JUCO's that can play.

Febres isn't a good player yet. Still just kind of good at one very important skill. Still a nice piece to have.

I'm not ready to give up on Coleman yet, he has speed and has shown flashes of court vision. With maturity and much better guidance, he can be a player.

Hamm, Long, and (if the reports are true of his effort being an issue) Liddell can move on and I wouldn't care.

Edited by Machinator

8 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I totally agree but this just reminded me of cameltoe saying all offseason that Sims would be just as good as Bamba last year. Man, cameltoe was such a fucking moron. He’d probably still be arguing for Shaka to keep his job.

7 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

He cares about the job. This was his best chance at a successful career. It’ll be tough for him to revive it at this point. He’s just not a good coach.

Nah. This team is very talented. I think you underestimate how poor the coaching is.

disagree but whatever...

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

I totally agree but this just reminded me of cameltoe saying all offseason that Sims would be just as good as Bamba last year. Man, cameltoe was such a fucking moron. He’d probably still be arguing for Shaka to keep his job.

I made a similar argument but I think Sims still has potential. Players like Coleman and Sims regressed because their talents weren't maximized. 

A guy like Sims is built to be a 5 in an up tempo/pressing style game and we constantly played him in the half court with another big. 

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Not much use now, but just a reminder of his idiocy:

image.png

The grass isn't always greener on the other side. Life after Barnes = precisely .500 with 0 NCAA tourney victories. Shaka was bringing in recruiting classes on par with UNC/Duke and has nothing to show for it. I can't believe that fraud was offered a lengthy extension by a fucking interim AD no less.

34 minutes ago, Chad said:

The grass isn't always greener on the other side. Life after Barnes = precisely .500 with 0 NCAA tourney victories. Shaka was bringing in recruiting classes on par with UNC/Duke and has nothing to show for it. I can't believe that fraud was offered a lengthy extension by a fucking interim AD no less.

You can’t go by recruiting sites for basketball unless you thought Hayes was outside the top 100.

• Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Congrats to @Goo Punch and all the other good fans on the big win tonight. 

this is basically the most aggy thing i've seen from our fan base, and i don't just throw the term "aggy" around. having so much pride in how great of a person you think you are for honoring some retarded, nonsensical code is the aggyest shit there is. the same way that a full-on Old Army Fightin' Texas Aggie actually believes that "an Aggie never lies, cheats or steals" despite their one ten year period of significance being the byproduct of rampant cheating, i'm sure you and all of the other troop leader dads will sleep well tonight knowing that you haven't besmirched your honor as a noble fan of the fightin Shaka Smart Texas basketball team. You and greggym can take turns patting each other on the back about how great you are. Go wild.

Now back to reality. Hello. We need to miss the tournament. The impending firing of Shaka Smart needs to be unavoidable. He's been so unbelievably bad that were it not for his buyout he would 100% be gone, zero doubt about it. That's the bottom line. If we have to lose a game vs KU to expedite the process of ridding the program of the cancer that is rapidly killing it then that's 100% what i want to happen. The optics of going .500 and missing the tournament will be Shaka's version of Charlie's loss to KU. To use a word that should be real, it is unovercomeable. Shaka cannot be retained after this, because it would KILL the program.

How does Shaka recruit next year? He's been one of the five best recruiters in the country and we have been *terrible*. How's it going to be when every single school we recruit against can say to a recruit with 100% confidence, "Nobody who is making you promises at Texas will be there when you get there. Nobody." They'll also be able to point out how terrible we are and how none of our players ever get any better, and how nobody comes to our games, and how they won't even be able to play in the NCAA tournament. because Texas doesnt go there. We have reached the point of no return now. There is no coming back from this; only moving on.

I wish the buyout didn't exist. I wish that what made sense tonight was to root for Texas to win, and to get into the NCAA tournament, even though we all know that we'd probably end up losing to Wofford in round one by 16 points. I wish that made sense- but it doesn't. If you want what's best for the program then you want Shaka gone now. End of story. Save the completely nonsensical sense of foolish pride for the goobers out east, and realize what's actually fucking going on- we can't hire our basketball Tom Herman until we fire our basketball Charlie Strong. Whatever makes that happen as soon as possible is what's best for Texas. Your fake nobility is only thinly veiled self righteousness and frankly selfishness as well. Get over tonight's loss. It was a good thing.