B12 Tournament - Texas vs. #GodsGift - 8pm on ESPN2

Pancho

19 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

however drunk four of these makes me:

7c89ba81da66345303d59a9b8add1768.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly man, this post might cost me some Surly karma, and I haven't watched much UT ball this season, but I tuned in tonight to cheer that Texas could make some miracle run at beating KU and making the tourney and then who knows what. 

And, the more I watch this team, the more it's apparent that the coaching is fucking horrendous. Were they to make the elite eight or final four it might be different but this team ain't doing that shit. 

I know basketball. I know it at a youth level and I know it at a collegiate level and I know it at a professional level, and honestly, Derka, you are as attuned to college hoops as anyone on this board. I'm not going to forgive you for stupid-ass takes like saying that you'd take a new coach over a Shaka Final Four run with a few following mediocre seasons, but I will say this: 

This motherfucker cannot coach an established program in one of the best conferences in the country. That much is apparent. Texas needs to move on.

I think a lot of your takes, Derka, are irrational and over the top and drunkenly misguided, but your analysis of Shaka as a coach and this team and what this team has done this season is pretty fucking spot on. 

Shaka is wasting talent, he's wasting a huge fanbase, he's wasting incredible resources and facilities, this motherfucker needs to go. 

I'm not saying I condone you cheering for Texas to lose to move this ship forward, but I will say that I understand you doing so and I don't think you're a bad fan. This shit is painful to watch, and any Texas alum or Texas fan born and bred worth their salt shouldn't be forced to sit through this shit for another year. 

As I type this, I understand there's about 6 minutes left, but Texas isn't winning this shit. The party is over and you've been right all along in saying that there's zero reason UT shouldn't be one of the more prominent hoops programs in the country.

• Like 2

Hats off to KU.

McCormack, Dotson, and Lawson came to play.

So did Oset, but he was about the only one for Texas, aside from Sims.

On that note, Jericho played (out of necessity) and gave us some surprisingly solid minutes in the first half ... but then he essentially, ah, disappeared in the second. Interesting.