2019 NCAA Tournament: Second Round

Machinator

The refs have fucked Buffalo no fewer than 3 times this half with bullshit calls. That being said...holy fuck 3 pts allowed by Tech in 7:19. 

Edited by slorch
Stannis

I know it’s been bitched 7 ways from Sunday, but Zion not called for a charge (reminscent of Baylor/Duke in Houston ‘10), then  push in the back on the FT, and of course Duke puts one in.  Fuck those limey fucks and Coach Splinter’s cheese eating ass.   Fuck 

3 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I know it’s been bitched 7 ways from Sunday, but Zion not called for a charge (reminscent of Baylor/Duke in Houston ‘10), then  push in the back on the FT, and of course Duke puts one in.  Fuck those limey fucks and Coach Splinter’s cheese eating ass.   Fuck 

UCF had 2 very good chances at the end to derail the hype train. 

Just now, Uncle Nate said:

Did Brad Nessler just say Tech got beat last year by Kentucky in the round of 32???  WTF?  They went to the elite eight and lost to Villanova. 

and were screwed by the refs from certain victory against the eventual champs Nova.

7 minutes ago, NowThis said:

and were screwed by the refs from certain victory against the eventual champs Nova.

Not true

Tech had a late lead vs Nova and could not close it out. The loss was damned sure not the refs’ fault. 

Edited by slorch

Just now, slorch said:

Not true

Tech had a late lead vs Nova and could not close it out. Damned sure not the refs’ fault. 

lots of questionable pro Nova calls.  I can't believe i'm arguing with a TT fan on this. Some will say that lends credence to slorch (denying something in his favor) but most people agreed on that. 

Just really want to enjoy this win right now. Total team defensive shutdown effort. Kudos to Chris Beard and the execution his team performed today.  Buffalo’s offense was Mack Brown scary and Tech put the clamps on them bigtime. Loved seeing the effort across the board by this Red Raider squad. 

Wreck Em in the Sweet Sixteen!

26 minutes ago, slorch said:

UCF had 2 very good chances at the end to derail the hype train. 

And UCF was gifted 2 points on an easy overturn.  It’s eyerolling how same shit gets played every time Duke wins a close one.  I’m not sure Duke has won a close game without the refs help since 1979 based on the internets. 

• Like 1

Just now, A-Tex Devil said:

And UCF was gifted 2 points on an easy overturn.  It’s eyerolling how same shit gets played every time Duke wins a close one.  I’m not sure Duke has won a close game without the refs help since 1979 based on the internets. 

It was not an "easy overturn". It was was a 50-50 call where whatever was called on the court had a good chance of being upheld.

3 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

the push in the back was huge, for the winning points.  When I played ball, i made it a point to stick my rear end hard into the guys hip, lose his balance, can't leap, refs never see it. That's the essence of boxing out, he can't even get leverage to push in the back.  This is a lost art. 

17 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Lol OU is terrible

I can't believe they won their first round game.

I honestly can't believe they earned a Postseason berth...

But damn.