Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

Just now, texifornia said:

Our optimism with Jackson is fake. Theirs is real. (For what it's worth I'm not relaxing about an aggy legacy until they step onto the field at DKR in burnt orange on gameday)

Reveal hidden contents

EVlnNMvWoAAjs51?format=jpg&name=360x360EVlnNkoXQAEjqkw?format=png&name=360x360EVlnNt7WkAASoAO?format=png&name=360x360

I've never seen or even heard of Jackson's dad going on recruiting trips or anything with him.  The aggy board is going to lose it if Jackson ends up at Texas.  Seems like all the Texas boards think it's going to happen.

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Perroni getting annoyed about the Broughton thing and telling them they're remembering it wrong, and then more Jackson crowing

Hide contents

EVmAE5dXYAYU6wV?format=jpg&name=360x360EVmAFlvXgAAkL9f?format=png&name=360x360EVmAGFPXkAAMM0T?format=png&name=360x360

Perroni is lying.  He never said that because he put in an aggy crystal ball for Broughton not to long before he committed.

29 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I've never seen or even heard of Jackson's dad going on recruiting trips or anything with him.  The aggy board is going to lose it if Jackson ends up at Texas.  Seems like all the Texas boards think it's going to happen.

The Texas boards are just wishcasting at this point. No one knows shit 

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Perroni is lying.  He never said that because he put in an aggy crystal ball for Broughton not to long before he committed.

Pepperoni is just flat lying at this point. Literally none of that shit is true. Broughton was “ovaries on the table/classic Jimbo/all ag” and now in retrospect he needs to come to camp to be re offered even though pepperoni put in a crystal ball to aggy the day he was set to announce (his birthday that he delayed a couple days before committing to Texas).

and then aggy backed off of princely...or he spiked a volleyball directly into the face of a “man” who’s face is usually only slapped around by the balls of one Karen Key Largo (true and corroborated story btw)

imagine being a person who pays literal money to a website for this kind of retrospective wishcasting...

25 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Pepperoni is just flat lying at this point. Literally none of that shit is true. Broughton was “ovaries on the table/classic Jimbo/all ag” and now in retrospect he needs to come to camp to be re offered even though pepperoni put in a crystal ball to aggy the day he was set to announce (his birthday that he delayed a couple days before committing to Texas).

and then aggy backed off of princely...or he spiked a volleyball directly into the face of a “man” who’s face is usually only slapped around by the balls of one Karen Key Largo (true and corroborated story btw)

imagine being a person who pays literal money to a website for this kind of retrospective wishcasting...

Regarding Broughton, BP put in a CB to UT the day Vernon was set to commit. It still shows how late BP was to the party. 

It's completely fair and warranted to view positive Jackson news in regards to Texas with skepticism, but one point of view I've been following for awhile is a Texarkana poster (Aggiecutter) who's been saying that Jackson is a Texas lean since the football season, which was ahead of any of the sites. I think he's worth paying attention for Jackson, Smith, and Burris, and I'm cautiously optimistic here 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Fud said:

It's completely fair and warranted to view positive Jackson news in regards to Texas with skepticism, but one point of view I've been following for awhile is a Texarkana poster (Aggiecutter) who's been saying that Jackson is a Texas lean since the football season, which was ahead of any of the sites. I think he's worth paying attention for Jackson, Smith, and Burris, and I'm cautiously optimistic here 

Who'd have thunk there'd be a tight battle for the critical recruiting territory of... Greater Texarkana?

https://247sports.com/Player/Elijah-Jeudy-46077013/

Two notes from Perroni - 

Spoiler

- He was set to announce on Julty 14, but has rescheduled it for this coming Sunday instead. We are doing some checking around, but it is a good bet that it is either A&M or Georgia.

- We are working on getting info from all the sides. But, right now, this is my best guess. Nobody has told me this, but from conversations I've had and the odd timing change, this makes the most sense. Don't take it as gospel, though.

My guess is that Georgia could have told him that he needs to commit now to have a spot. I know the Bulldogs were after some others at the same position as well. The timing change of the announcement wouldn't make a ton of sense if it was for A&M since the Aggies have plenty of room and will be taking quite a few defensive linemen. I also know Jeudy really liked his Georgia trip back at the end of the year.

52 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Two notes from Perroni - 

Reveal hidden contents

- He was set to announce on Julty 14, but has rescheduled it for this coming Sunday instead. We are doing some checking around, but it is a good bet that it is either A&M or Georgia.

- We are working on getting info from all the sides. But, right now, this is my best guess. Nobody has told me this, but from conversations I've had and the odd timing change, this makes the most sense. Don't take it as gospel, though.

My guess is that Georgia could have told him that he needs to commit now to have a spot. I know the Bulldogs were after some others at the same position as well. The timing change of the announcement wouldn't make a ton of sense if it was for A&M since the Aggies have plenty of room and will be taking quite a few defensive linemen. I also know Jeudy really liked his Georgia trip back at the end of the year.

Cross out another name from the class prediction article.

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

Two notes from Perroni - 

Hide contents

Shot

EVxj8TXWkAMvS_O?format=jpg&name=360x360

Chaser

EVxj8cyXQAEPXed?format=png&name=360x360

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I actually wish they'd fill up on these OOS mercenaries, have the boards crow about Jimbo recruiting nationally, have most the in-state kids pick Texas, then have these OOS mercs flip last minute or transfer out within a year.

They’re still going to do that. Now they’ll just get a less talented OOS mercenary. Win win for Texas. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

Agree. They’re still going to buy some OOS kids, but less talented ones. 

Will be interesting to see how the COVID shit affects it as well, cant imagine a lot of NJ kids are really jazzed up to go to a cow town regardless of the price

22 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Will be interesting to see how the COVID shit affects it as well, cant imagine a lot of NJ kids are really jazzed up to go to a cow town regardless of the price

One thing to note is that they're going after a different kind of Jersey recruit this cycle. Instead of the best players going to Camden public schools that make Stalingrad-on-the-Brazos look like Pepperdine, they're trying to vulture the Catholic school kids that make up the core of tOSU/Michigan/Penn State's classes.

Edited by texifornia

Goober: We're losing Brock Bowers to Georgia oh noooooo

Perroni: We weren't even in his top 8, the hell you think we had a chance?

https://247sports.com/Player/Brock-Bowers-46082532/

(Also a kid from Napa going to a country club school like UGA makes total sense)

Meanwhile KKL doesn't mind losing Adeleye, so that's all good.

Spoiler

EV0O1vuXgAIRH92?format=jpg&name=360x360EV0O2B5XQAICor6?format=png&name=360x360EV0O2T9WAAEAmKP?format=jpg&name=360x360EV0O2u3XsAApLVW?format=png&name=360x360

• Like 1

12 hours ago, texifornia said:

Shot

EVxj8TXWkAMvS_O?format=jpg&name=360x360

Chaser

EVxj8cyXQAEPXed?format=png&name=360x360

“Based on absolutely nothing...I think it’s us.” 

That is one of the most aggy things I’ve ever read. 

6 minutes ago, texifornia said:

They're starting to realize their OOS mercenary plan is beginning to fall apart

Reveal hidden contents

EV0OzetWkAclhyW?format=png&name=360x360EV0Oz6tXYAAumJS?format=jpg&name=360x360EV0O0PDXYAA6uwb?format=jpg&name=360x360EV0O0guXkAA-XVJ?format=png&name=360x360

Yeah. It’s almost like never winning and being in a shitty location doesn’t lead to reeling in elite OOS recruits. And they haven’t even experienced the full magnitude of attrition that’s headed for them. The 18 class has had a ton of attrition, but just wait til the whole roster is made up of red flags and OOS kids they bought. 

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Ah yes, the beacon of reasoned football discussion that is Saturdays Down South

Hide contents

EV0rXO7XsAAawhw?format=png&name=360x360EV0rXe-WAAAxW5g?format=jpg&name=360x360EV0rXp1WoAs8r5X?format=png&name=360x360

Did I miss Bama having a down recruiting year?  So, the game being played in Bama and Mond, the aggy oline and rbs are better than anything Saban has should be easy money in Vegas, right?  

5 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

The rollercoaster may have reached its peak with this one.

What if there’s no season and they don’t have to, you know, actually play football games and lose? Their hype roller coaster might reach Alpha Centauri.

On 4/15/2020 at 9:45 AM, Fud said:

What board is aggiecutter on?

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Here is the Liucci 44.  For some reason I can only see the first 25, but anyways no Billy Bowman at least to 25 lulz.  First Texas commit isn't until Milroe at #14.  Stowers at #6.

https://texags.com/football-recruiting/liucci-44

Looooooooooool. Look at the actual Texags star rating. They aren't even committing to their own misranking. 

5 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Here is the Liucci 44.  For some reason I can only see the first 25, but anyways no Billy Bowman at least to 25 lulz.  First Texas commit isn't until Milroe at #14.  Stowers at #6.

Sanders at 15 might have been the funniest thing I have read in a long time

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

God this never disappoints. I swear this is the second class where he takes a Texas commit's national ranking and opts to transpose over to a similar spot in the Liucci state rankings. Bowman and Sanders are equally ridiculous. This fucking guy. 

If the 2020 season gets cancelled, which I personally think is very, very likely, they're going to scream to the heavens. I can already hear them attempting to lobby to whatever governing decision making parties to simply move the schedules back as is 1 year, as opposed to an outright cancelling and heading straight to 2021. You just know it. That wet charmin schedule of theirs is the only thing those donkeys are clinging to right now. God knows the price of oil probably has wiped out about 30% of their entire booster's net worth. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

God this never disappoints. I swear this is the second class where he takes a Texas commit's national ranking and opts to transpose over to a similar spot in the Liucci state rankings. Bowman and Sanders are equally ridiculous. This fucking guy. 

If the 2020 season gets cancelled, which I personally think is very, very likely, they're going to scream to the heavens. I can already hear them attempting to lobby to whatever governing decision making parties to simply move the schedules back as is 1 year, as opposed to an outright cancelling and heading straight to 2021. You just know it. That wet charmin schedule of theirs is the only thing those donkeys are clinging to right now. God knows the price of oil probably has wiped out about 30% of their entire booster's net worth. 

Lulz. I never even thought about their cupcake 2020 schedule getting skipped because of all this. That would be a hilarious silver lining. 

Edited by Burt Macklin