Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

No fucking way does any sane human thinks LSU is a lesser school than aggy when it comes to football

He's talking about Landen King with Kenyon Green and Atascocita's coach being aggy (although Sam Cosmi is also an Eagles grad, of course)

Edited by texifornia

Spoiler

Liucci

5:57p 

Staff

AG

Someone posted on an LSU board that Landon was picking the Tigers tonight. If that ends up coming to fruition, it's a big early blow because he's one of those guys the Aggies have to land in state. Same with his teammate, Marcus Burris. LSU was definitely the primary competition and yesterday's draft, the national title run and the fact they were his last visit before the shutdown...none of it helps A&M's cause at all.

Still, losing him hurts, no two ways around it. He, Sanders (Texas), Shemar Turner and Jordon Thomas are the four SEC West caliber guys in state this year at the position. 

The Ags are working this one as we speak so let's see if this is a situation where there's a lot of momentum for LSU and everyone is trying to get ahead of the rumor and get their 'points' or if he's really ready to make the pick. On the flip side of this, I know Jackson has talked plenty to the A&M staff, all the way up until the past couple of days. HOWELL is working to reach out to the Pleasant Grove DE and texted with him earlier but not any breaking intel other than he was surprised there were rumors out there:

Liucci

6:02p 

Staff

AG

My feeling is that he does indeed do it tonight unless the Ags can talk him down (usually doesn't work that way) but this is one that wouldn't be over by a longshot. The timing here REALLY hurt the Ags with both King and Thomas, IMO, but you have to battle through it, even if it means flipping guys like this later. The Aggies need to get this season here and win a lot of games to open things up. I believe they will but it's more important now than ever considering the lost spring push and pressure-season build up/hype that would have been well underway.

Jason Howell

6:06p 

Staff

I've been working on this since this morning and the more I hear the more it sounds like Landon Jackson is about to pick LSU. The confidence is growing on the LSU side and it has rapidly picked up steam in the last 24 hours. When that happens it usually means something is about to happen.

I don't know if this means he shuts it down completely, I still believe he will talk to Texas A&M and Texas. That said it's going to be a hit to the Aggies in 2021.

Liucci

In reply to D.J. Flores •  6:37p 

Staff

AG

D.J. Flores said:

I know most think I am crazy..as I do not have a single shred of WHY...but just wasnt very high on kid. I would prefer Thomas and some of the out of state kids. 

As I said before..maybe he does end up being a stud...I just dont see it. 

If you told me the Ags were getting Turner, Thomas and the kid from New York (who is an absolute TERROR) then yeah, this isn't nearly as big a loss. But that isn't one, or two but three pretty big ifs. The best shot out of all of those probably felt like Jackson before today. 

If there's one thing I've learned so far under this head coach, it's that I wouldn't ever count them out when it comes to flipping a coveted target (even from a power program) or figuring it all out in the end and signing a superb, top-tier SEC haul. To me, the thing they have to do right now is figure out how to get some of these guys to jump in the boat and commit like we're starting to see happen around the country.

• Like 2

On 4/24/2020 at 11:30 PM, Mdhorn said:

Well, plenty of SEC, SEC players were drafted, just not any aggys.  But everybody'll be sorry when the farmers win it all next year, or the following year, or the year after.  

aggy is so relieved that all those sec NFL-caliber players are now gone.  This should allow aggy to move up to.....say....middle of the pack in the west.  Whoop!  Next year...baby.

9 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

This gem from Looch has some Jaylen Garth potential.

Still, losing him hurts, no two ways around it. He, Sanders (Texas), Shemar Turner and Jordon Thomas are the four SEC West caliber guys in state this year at the position. 

wait..no mention of Burris being a SEC west caliber player?!?

Just now, Thiefery said:

then why is Shemar Turner's name being mentioned? I thought he was a DT..or is that because he's only a big 12 DT caliber player?

Burris is a DT.  Aggy is going the Bobby Brown and Demarvin Leal way with this recruitment, telling him he's a DE only to put him at DT with a good chance of ballooning up to 330+ lbs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

then why is Shemar Turner's name being mentioned? I thought he was a DT..or is that because he's only a big 12 DT caliber player?

Fuck if I know. I thought turner was a lock for an SEC school until recently. But Burris is a straight, straight up DT. Turner plays SDE in HS. Tuner probably grows into a DT, but for now he’s an end. And you know how Liucci is a slave to HS positions. See Kenyon Green uproar as a future Guard in college, or Achane as a RB. Dude has the imagination of MarkStanco. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Still, losing him hurts, no two ways around it. He, Sanders (Texas), Shemar Turner and Jordon Thomas are the four SEC West caliber guys in state this year at the position. 

To be fair, he was right about Jackson being their best shot, but I do love how he put SEC West. Like they are some magically better division than the East. A division that aggy wouldn't be winning either.

8 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

To be fair, he was right about Jackson being their best shot, but I do love how he put SEC West. Like they are some magically better division than the East. A division that aggy wouldn't be winning either.

Yeah but they'd move up to 3rd best in their division ya stupid sip

11 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

They still think Foster is an aggy lean right now.. and fatheree

I mean. Are you surprised the level to which these people live in denial? As another poster said earlier in regards to their comments about a "superior school." 

Additionally someone cracked about how their meltdown would look like the one here this summer when clan Brock commits to 'Bama. To which I disagree. Most of the people here see what's coming. We may be disgusted, but we won't be blindsided. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean. Are you surprised the level to which these people live in denial? As another poster said earlier in regards to their comments about a "superior school." 

Additionally someone cracked about how their meltdown would look like the one here this summer when clan Brock commits to 'Bama. To which I disagree. Most of the people here see what's coming. We may be disgusted, but we won't be blindsided. 

I’m going to meltdown like a mother fucker... just prepping you guys now.

Seems to be taking this well. 

Spoiler

Liucci

In reply to Thisguy1 •  9:08a 

Staff

AG

Jet Black said:

Some of you just can't wait for the first chance to ***** and moan. Just like last year.

Thisguy1 said:

When Billy acts like we're going to thrive during this time because of "how good of a relationship guy Jimbo is," it creates expectations.

We're not starting that now. I'm cleaning this up and if you feel the need to say it, DM me and I can help show you the way to canceling your sub. This goes for the 17 who liked the post also.

I never said the Ags would 'thrive during this time' in the way of commits and have been consistent in stating the timing of this was more inconvenient/damaging for the Aggies than most because of their plan of attack (to really ramp up throughout spring ball and culminate with the spring game). Landing Jackson's commit at that time was definitely part of that plan.

Either way, what I'm not going to tolerate (and never have in case you haven't been paying attention) is this bull**** 'blame game' that goes on when adults like yourself get upset because the Ags lost a recruit (very) unexpectedly. Not that I require pointing it out to you but in case you didn't notice, virtually NO ONE thought Jackson was on the verge of committing to LSU before yesterday and most everyone felt he was more likely to end up an Aggie.

But carry on with your nonsense and see where it gets you. Drop this crap about quoting me and trying to hold it against me. That act is tired and it's done. If you don't think Fisher is a "relationship guy" with these kids then you certainly don't follow enough to act like you know what you're talking about anyway.

Again, this isn't the route we're going around here. Not this time. Not with as hard as the content team is working and how good the content has been during the toughest of times. And also not when you're just flat out wrong.

And notice, the threat topic by the OP is perfectly fine for those of you who are reasonable and want to discuss momentum or lack thereof at this or any point along the way. Just don't be an ass. That's all I ask.

Liucci

In reply to Jet Black •  9:16a 

Staff

AG

+ 1 more quotes (click to expand)

Thisguy1 said:

When Billy acts like we're going to thrive during this time because of "how good of a relationship guy Jimbo is," it creates expectations.

Jet Black said:

Yes, and when the mods say we lead for someone it creates expectations even when the info is wrong.

Another example of what I just said. You can come after me, Howell and Brauny all you want and you'll be 1000% wrong because the Aggies did lead for him. While you're the one sitting at home pointing some sort of finger of blame at the people busting their asses to bring you as much information and content during this time (and any time, which is why I'll NEVER tolerate this type of bush league bull****) we're busy chasing down the backstory here from every angle and Howell was doing as much since yesterday middway when he first got wind of what might happen.

I'll explain more about the situation on another thread, not in reply to this crap.

Liucci

9:18a 

Staff

AG

As for the OP, you're right in that we're seeing other programs the Ags compete against pick up commits (and even schools lower on the ladder who are landing guys A&M isn't pursuing but getting commits, nonetheless). This is a period of time no one was ready for and the fact that the Ags haven't really had anyone on campus since the start of FEBRUARY has certainly made it tougher on them than most but considering we could be still looking at maybe 2 or even 3 months before prospects can make on campus visits, something has to give in the way of the Ags picking up a couple of noteworthy verbals and get some momentum.

Liucci

9:22a 

Staff

AG

And with that said, I bet they figure it out in fairly short order, with yesterday's loss of Jackson only fueling that sense of urgency further.

...not to get a couple of your hopes up too high. Wouldn't want to upset you further.

I swear a couple of you are the same folks who complained throughout last year's cycle or focused on something specific like RB recruiting to find the single point of frustration you could dwell on as A&M put together the nation's No. 6 class. It's never-ending with you.

Liucci

In reply to Texasagg87 •  9:27a 

Staff

AG

Texasagg87 said:

Blah black blah... the main reason yall are touting is not getting kids on campus but the draft is the culprit. LSU put 14 guys in the league, facts! A&M had 2 in late rounds and the others went undrafted, facts! LSU is winning still... 

This was absolutely a big factor that swung Jackson at the finish line, per a source very close to his recruitment. He was getting tired of the phone calls, pressure, etc and just decided, almost out of nowhere, to end it. He was on the phone with the Ags multiple times last week at length and apparently had some great conversations. As recently as Thursday. Then, the weekend hits, it's an LSU lovefest (continued from January, mind you) and he decides he's going to end the process on Saturday, let's the Tiger staff know, they leak it out, Howell texts Jackson and he's clearly surprised that the news has gotten out there but follows through with the Sunday night announcement.

It was as big a surprise as I've covered in a while on the A&M side of things, to be honest with you. We'll see if it sticks because he's loved the Aggies for a long time and this feels fairly out of left field from where I sit. This is a time when Jimbo and Co. need to do anything but burn bridges, which they don't typically do and certainly won't here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Which players in state does aggy actually feel good about/considered aggy leans right now?  Doesn't seem like many.

Let's go to the Lucci's top 25 biased rankings

1. Camar Wheaton - RB - 

2. Donovan Jackson - OL - Ohio State

3. Tommy Brockermeyer - OL - (Trending Alabama)

4. LJ Johnson Jr - RB - 

5. Landon Jackson - DE - LSU

6. Eli Stowers - QB - A&M

7. Shadrach Banks - WR - A&M

8. Bryce Foster - OL - (Trending OU)

9. Reuben Fatheree - OL - (Trending A&M)

10. Dematrius Davis - QB - VT

11. Shemar Turner - DE

12. Jordon Thomas - DE

13. Savion Byrd - OL

14. Jalen Milroe - QB - Texas

15. Ja'Tavion Sander - Texas

16. Marcus Burris - DT - 

17. Tunmise Adeleye - DE - Ohio State

18. Kendrick Blackshire - LB - 

19. Derrick Harris Jr - Texas

20. Jaeden Roberts - OL

21 - Preston Stone - QB - SMU

22 - Cullen Montgomery - OL - OU

23 - Cody Jackson - WR - OU

24 - Deuce Harmon - CB - 

25 - Matthew Wykoff - OL - 

Price's legacy was because of Garrett and Leal. Even though Leal was more due to Brewster, and Garret was due to the craptastic Strong era. Outside those 2, he's been an average coach and a shitty recruiter.

Giles has eaten almost all his chicken wings in state, while the aggy DT coach does the heavy lifting OOS. 

Edited by HtownHorn

13 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Wait, but he's not even top 15 in state Looch?

• Like 2

Just now, texifornia said:

Do a bunch of people know Blake offline or something? Even for a 5-star legacy, people act really weirdly personal about the Brocks.

Yeah. I think it's an age thing, I'd bet there's A LOT of surly posters in that 45-50 age bracket that would have been on campus in and around that time. Add in growing up in Arlington and coaching at All Saints for more than a decade and you just have a lot of crossover. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Seems to be taking this well. 

Hide contents

Liucci

In reply to Thisguy1 •  9:08a 

Staff

AG

Jet Black said:

Some of you just can't wait for the first chance to ***** and moan. Just like last year.

Thisguy1 said:

We're not starting that now. I'm cleaning this up and if you feel the need to say it, DM me and I can help show you the way to canceling your sub. This goes for the 17 who liked the post also.

I never said the Ags would 'thrive during this time' in the way of commits and have been consistent in stating the timing of this was more inconvenient/damaging for the Aggies than most because of their plan of attack (to really ramp up throughout spring ball and culminate with the spring game). Landing Jackson's commit at that time was definitely part of that plan.

Either way, what I'm not going to tolerate (and never have in case you haven't been paying attention) is this bull**** 'blame game' that goes on when adults like yourself get upset because the Ags lost a recruit (very) unexpectedly. Not that I require pointing it out to you but in case you didn't notice, virtually NO ONE thought Jackson was on the verge of committing to LSU before yesterday and most everyone felt he was more likely to end up an Aggie.

But carry on with your nonsense and see where it gets you. Drop this crap about quoting me and trying to hold it against me. That act is tired and it's done. If you don't think Fisher is a "relationship guy" with these kids then you certainly don't follow enough to act like you know what you're talking about anyway.

Again, this isn't the route we're going around here. Not this time. Not with as hard as the content team is working and how good the content has been during the toughest of times. And also not when you're just flat out wrong.

And notice, the threat topic by the OP is perfectly fine for those of you who are reasonable and want to discuss momentum or lack thereof at this or any point along the way. Just don't be an ass. That's all I ask.

Liucci

In reply to Jet Black •  9:16a 

Staff

AG

+ 1 more quotes (click to expand)

Thisguy1 said:

Jet Black said:

Yes, and when the mods say we lead for someone it creates expectations even when the info is wrong.

Another example of what I just said. You can come after me, Howell and Brauny all you want and you'll be 1000% wrong because the Aggies did lead for him. While you're the one sitting at home pointing some sort of finger of blame at the people busting their asses to bring you as much information and content during this time (and any time, which is why I'll NEVER tolerate this type of bush league bull****) we're busy chasing down the backstory here from every angle and Howell was doing as much since yesterday middway when he first got wind of what might happen.

I'll explain more about the situation on another thread, not in reply to this crap.

Liucci

9:18a 

Staff

AG

As for the OP, you're right in that we're seeing other programs the Ags compete against pick up commits (and even schools lower on the ladder who are landing guys A&M isn't pursuing but getting commits, nonetheless). This is a period of time no one was ready for and the fact that the Ags haven't really had anyone on campus since the start of FEBRUARY has certainly made it tougher on them than most but considering we could be still looking at maybe 2 or even 3 months before prospects can make on campus visits, something has to give in the way of the Ags picking up a couple of noteworthy verbals and get some momentum.

Liucci

9:22a 

Staff

AG

And with that said, I bet they figure it out in fairly short order, with yesterday's loss of Jackson only fueling that sense of urgency further.

...not to get a couple of your hopes up too high. Wouldn't want to upset you further.

I swear a couple of you are the same folks who complained throughout last year's cycle or focused on something specific like RB recruiting to find the single point of frustration you could dwell on as A&M put together the nation's No. 6 class. It's never-ending with you.

Liucci

In reply to Texasagg87 •  9:27a 

Staff

AG

Texasagg87 said:

Blah black blah... the main reason yall are touting is not getting kids on campus but the draft is the culprit. LSU put 14 guys in the league, facts! A&M had 2 in late rounds and the others went undrafted, facts! LSU is winning still... 

This was absolutely a big factor that swung Jackson at the finish line, per a source very close to his recruitment. He was getting tired of the phone calls, pressure, etc and just decided, almost out of nowhere, to end it. He was on the phone with the Ags multiple times last week at length and apparently had some great conversations. As recently as Thursday. Then, the weekend hits, it's an LSU lovefest (continued from January, mind you) and he decides he's going to end the process on Saturday, let's the Tiger staff know, they leak it out, Howell texts Jackson and he's clearly surprised that the news has gotten out there but follows through with the Sunday night announcement.

It was as big a surprise as I've covered in a while on the A&M side of things, to be honest with you. We'll see if it sticks because he's loved the Aggies for a long time and this feels fairly out of left field from where I sit. This is a time when Jimbo and Co. need to do anything but burn bridges, which they don't typically do and certainly won't here.

wow...that is peak chin pubes right there...lots to unpack in that bipolar self-loathing diatribe

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Price's legacy was because of Garrett and Leal. Even though Leal was more due to Brewster, and Garret was due to the craptastic Strong era. Outside those 2, he's been an average coach and a shitty recruiter.

Giles has eaten almost all his chicken wings in state, while the aggy DT coach does the heavy lifting OOS. 

Pretty sure Garett committed to aggy during Mack’s last season.