Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

All these kids from out of state that have never been to college station are in for a rude awakening just blindly wading into a sea of racist mayonnaise

They’re not being paid to give a shit about that 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RGBIII said:

All these kids from out of state that have never been to college station are in for a rude awakening just blindly wading into a sea of racist mayonnaise

This might be aggy's best chance to sign a bunch of studs.

Great stuff from Looch and Fat Hamm at the beginning of this episode about Seegers:

"The recruiting services did this kid wrong" 

"Look at the tape. Legit 4 star talent" 

"Another stellar evaluation by Jimbo" 

"He's high on Georgia's board!...even though I think they are going to land 2 higher ranked LBs" (yes he actually said this)" 

" The folks at Bright were high fiving each other landing this kid"

https://dts.podtrac.com/redirect.mp3/texags.blob.core.windows.net/audio/0130787-tkkt.mp3

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Is Banks still likely to decommit?  I remember some talk of it not to long ago.

If OU/LSU decides to take his cousin, I'd look to those places to potentially flip him. Jimbo should take his cousin in a two QB class though, Davis is a better college QB prospect than Stowers

Here is the west coast mods evaluation on Vaka.

"Big bodied interior linemen who has the strength and size to be a nose but the technique and leverage to be a tackle, provided he keeps his weight under control. Added more weight which has slowed him down. Size wise, gets a good push and can shed his blocks, plug gaps and take on multiple blockers. Needs to continue to play with consistency and not take plays off. Projects as multi-year Power 5 starter."

13 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

@Lobwedgephil did Looch ever put out that piece about where things stand with in-state recruits for aggy?

Doesn't look like it. He replied to a post that Jimbo is sending a message to Texas high school kids with this, but no article on it yet. 

Spoiler

Liucci

12:01a, 5/1/20 

Staff

AG

You had me at drunk thought. They're going to work the Texas kids they want incredibly hard. I'd say let's wait and see what the final numbers end up looking like. Foster, Fatheree, Harmon, Wykoff, Jackson (still), Burris, Thomas, Turner, LJ Johnson, Wheaton, Cooks, Blackshire, Arroyo, Crownover, Ketron Jackson, Banks and Stowers are the guys right now (and I'm sure I've forgotten to mention a couple so don't read anything into it) and there are several more names that will be added to that list in the not-too-distant future.

27 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Here is the west coast mods evaluation on Vaka.

"Big bodied interior linemen who has the strength and size to be a nose but the technique and leverage to be a tackle, provided he keeps his weight under control. Added more weight which has slowed him down. Size wise, gets a good push and can shed his blocks, plug gaps and take on multiple blockers. Needs to continue to play with consistency and not take plays off. Projects as multi-year Power 5 starter."

So basically he's the Cali-Tongan version of Brown.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Foster, Fatheree, Harmon, Wykoff, Jackson (still), Burris, Thomas, Turner, LJ Johnson, Wheaton, Cooks, Blackshire, Arroyo, Crownover, Ketron Jackson, Banks and Stowers are the guys right now (and I'm sure I've forgotten to mention a couple so don't read anything into it) and there are several more names that will be added to that list in the not-too-distant future.

Look kids, a list of kids who haven’t told Aggy no yet. (and Jackson who did)

btw, Aggy posted a recent picture of Banks. Looks like a RB and not WR

5 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Didn't looch say something about him looking like a LB?

8 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

yeah, he certainly doesn't have an incoming WR body these days ... 

• Like 2

Spoiler

Ryan Brauninger

1:08p 

Staff

Port Arthur Memorial DE Jordon Thomas announced via Twitter that he's now planning on making a decision tomorrow at 12:30.

Originally, he was planning on coming back to visit A&M before sitting down to go over a commitment. I do know that he was on the phone with both staffs yesterday, including a call with Jimbo Fisher. 

I reached out to JT this afternoon, but he was very hush-hush on which way he was leaning. Texas has the advantage of having the last visit. He had two scheduled trips to College Station before the pandemic shutdowns ceased visits.

Ryan Brauninger

1:17p 

Staff

The returns I'm getting here this afternoon make me believe Texas getting that last visit is going to have a major impact. I'll be interested to see if he still plans on making those trips to A&M if the pick is indeed the Longhorns. He was pretty adamant that he'd be coming back to College Station.

Like Landon Jackson, I don't anticipate this being a kid the staff is going to back away from regardless.

Edited by Lobwedgephil

56 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Hide contents

Ryan Brauninger

1:08p 

Staff

Port Arthur Memorial DE Jordon Thomas announced via Twitter that he's now planning on making a decision tomorrow at 12:30.

Originally, he was planning on coming back to visit A&M before sitting down to go over a commitment. I do know that he was on the phone with both staffs yesterday, including a call with Jimbo Fisher. 

I reached out to JT this afternoon, but he was very hush-hush on which way he was leaning. Texas has the advantage of having the last visit. He had two scheduled trips to College Station before the pandemic shutdowns ceased visits.

Ryan Brauninger

1:17p 

Staff

The returns I'm getting here this afternoon make me believe Texas getting that last visit is going to have a major impact. I'll be interested to see if he still plans on making those trips to A&M if the pick is indeed the Longhorns. He was pretty adamant that he'd be coming back to College Station.

Like Landon Jackson, I don't anticipate this being a kid the staff is going to back away from regardless.

Someone make sure to save Jordon Thomas ranking on the Looch 44 for posterity sake

7 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Gimme the “we didn’t want him anyways” article please..we know it’s currently being written

How bout' something along the Vernon Broughton line of "The staff needed to see him camp and in-person after his injury" in order to take his commitment.  

Didn't Looch just say he's the type of player needed in the SEC West??  

Or maybe "He wanted to be an aggy but Jimbo wasn't willing to take his commitment due to being after bigger names"

Edited by Elmer_Fudd
  • Like 1

On 4/28/2020 at 6:59 PM, Lobwedgephil said:

4) I mentioned adding an edge athlete to the mix and the importance of that. Last year, the Ags signed Fadil Diggs and Donell Harris. Now they've added Jahzion Harris and would love to add a Jordon Thomas to that mix, as well. Elko, Robinson and Terry Price and very quickly addressing a need that was pretty dire at this time a year ago and turning it into an SEC West-level strength. Because of what they can do to impact opposing passing games in more ways than one, you can't have enough guys like Harris (Donell or Jahzion) on a defensive roster. Very nice out of state pickup for the Maroon & White.

This was Looch a couple days ago

• Like 2

On 4/26/2020 at 9:29 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

This gem from Looch has some Jaylen Garth potential.

Still, losing him hurts, no two ways around it. He, Sanders (Texas), Shemar Turner and Jordon Thomas are the four SEC West caliber guys in state this year at the position. 

Here is the other 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

How bout' something along the Vernon Broughton line of "The staff needed to see him camp and in-person after his injury" in order to take his commitment.  

Didn't Looch just say he's the type of player needed in the SEC West??  

Or maybe "He wanted to be an aggy but Jimbo wasn't willing to take his commitment due to being after bigger names"

Gonna be very close, my guess is “they wanted to see his performance post injury and to see if he was still in football shape. While the Horns get an interesting prospect with upside, Jimbo & co are focused on bigger names nationally” then they write a blank check for a high 3 star from Connecticut or some shit

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Gonna be very close, my guess is “they wanted to see his performance post injury and to see if he was still in football shape. While the Horns get an interesting prospect with upside, Jimbo & co are focused on bigger names nationally” then they write a blank check for a high 3 star from Connecticut or some shit

Don’t be surprised if Jimbo, elko, and price circle back to him if he has a good senior season. They never give up on a recruitment, and when they identify someone they want, they usually get them. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

This will in turn lead to WATCH. THE. TAPE.

• Like 1