Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

7 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Y'all are laughing at them sticking up for Stowers but it's basically the same thing as us taking Milroe over Stone

If Stone committed to a rival in a couple weeks we'd be saying the same shit

Dude, Stone has been considered a Texas lean for as long as people have been talking about this class. And more than half of Surly preferred Milroe even when we assumed we'd be stuck with Stone instead.

Try to keep up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

It's also an apples-to-oranges comparison. We didn't offer Stowers while they did offer Milroe.

Us not offering Stowers doesn't have anything to do with my point

Both schools took the first QB willing to pull the trigger. In both cases there were more highly ranked (by the services) guys available. When Stone commits elsewhere there will be similar comments here about how we could have had him but took Milroe instead and how Herman got the guy he wanted and so on. 

Although Surly has wanted Milroe for awhile now so it's not just spin

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Dude, Stone has been considered a Texas lean for as long as people have been talking about this class. And more than half of Surly preferred Milroe even when we assumed we'd be stuck with Stone instead.

Try to keep up.

Exactly

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Seriously? Stowers has almost as many INTs as he has TDs - he's your usual athlete-playing-QB dude that's buoyed by playing for a traditional state power.

Milroe has been the best dual-threat in the class for the entire cycle so far, he's lit up camps and led Tompkins to twice as many wins in a year than they'd had total in their entire history as a program. 

I'm not trying to compare Milroe and Stowers. Milroe is clearly better. Even though I really like Stone, I'm perfectly happy with Milroe as our take. Video alone has me sold. 

3 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Y'all are laughing at them sticking up for Stowers but it's basically the same thing as us taking Milroe over Stone

It's nothing like that at all. Texas prioritized Stone and Milroe and had them on the same level. Stone wouldn't return Jimbo's phone calls, and Milroe told him to fuck off.

There is no denying Stone is talented, there is also no denying that Milroe is in a similar class of QB. It's absolutely known that Stowers is no where close to those 2 kids.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Additionally, Milroe is ranked literally twice as high as stowers. One is 74, the other is 150 and change. Milroe has plenty he needs to fix and improve upon, but the tools are all there and he’s a system fit. Stowers is literally the opposite of a system fit, hes a raw athlete playing QB, and his future will depend on Fisher’s ability to coach him the QB position. 

Folks can draw their own conclusions on that 2nd part. To me, Stowers looks more like a guy they took early while Fisher looks around for better talent. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

It's nothing like that at all. Texas prioritized Stone and Milroe and had them on the same level. Stone wouldn't return Jimbo's phone calls, and Milroe told him to fuck off.

There is no denying Stone is talented, there is also no denying that Milroe is in a similar class of QB. It's absolutely known that Stowers is no where close to those 2 kids.

Milroe was going to commit to A&M, but Stowers beat him to the punch.

Milroe was going to commit to Alabama, but Maye beat him to the punch.

Milroe was going to commit to Texas, so he made sure that he beat Stone to the punch.

I didn't see it before - but it appears he is graduating a year early and moving to the 2020 class. 

Logged a pair of 247Sports Crystal Ball forecasts in favor of Texas A&M who currently has the nation's No. 10 recruiting class per the 247Sports Composite.

As it stands right now, I like the Aggies for in-state cornerback Joshua Eaton and Sunshine State pass rusher Donell Harris.

Harris is obviously reclassifying to 2020 and is currently ranked as the nation's No. 4 overall prospect in the Top247 2021 ranks. We'll have him slotted in our 2020 player rankings this week. As far as his recruitment goes, heading into this weekend's visit to College Station I'm hearing Harris is highest on Texas A&M and Georgia with LSU as the third program to watch. However, Harris looks like the biggest priority for the Aggies right now as those other two SEC programs are in the thick of it for other prominent 2020 targets they've been recruiting for quite some time. A great visit this weekend would certainly strengthen my stance on this forecast.

A source indicated that Texas A&M is the one to beat for Eaton as well and I've added my forecast to ones already logged by GigEm247 insiders Brian Perroni and Damon Sayles. With Jaylon Jones and Joshuah Moten already in the fold, if Fisher and his staff could add Eaton and Top247 recruit Dontae Manning to the class they'd be ecstatic about their secondary class this cycle. The Aggies probably lead for Manning as things stand now.

11 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Fong with an Aggy CB for 2021 5* DE Donnell Harris from FL and Josh Eaton 2020 CB 

https://247sports.com/Player/Donell-Harris-46048344/ 

https://247sports.com/Player/Joshua-Eaton-46042923/

I'd like to take this moment to remind everyone that they shat all over Prince Dorbah as a tweener at LB, who is 6'2 and a half inches at 208, but they're going to slob the knob of a kid who is 6'4" and 210 pounds playing Defensive End. I get this kid is potentially a year younger, and he might have a much larger frame and is obviously really talented, but that's not the point. The point example 543,345,882 of their cognitive dissonance and mental gymnastics that we only get players they don't want and are inferior talents. 

4 minutes ago, Scholz said:

...because they're blinded by hate.  Must suck to go through life that angry and miserable and stupid.

Not sure I believe this premise. I'm pretty sure a case can be made that in many aspects of life, being stupid might be a lot easier. Forrest Gump was happy. Hindu Cows are happy. Not having to capacity and therefore not having to deal with the emotional complexities of life is probably pretty freeing. When all you have to do is walk through life focusing on not touching things that are too hot or sticking your tongues in light sockets and knowing that, by gawd, tomorrow is going to be a great day to be a Fightin' Texum Aggy and we'll have our day in the sun doesn't sound too hard. But to your point, it's too bad they're too angry and miserable to appreciate the gift of ignorance they've been given by God and/or Genetics. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1

Oh good. Complete denial and/or the "well flip them later." I love how most of the guys they're looking at aren't the guys on our board at OL, save for literally Foster and Connor. Fatheree probably is behind Byrd and Brockermeyer, we just punched them in the face for Connor, and now Foster is a big question mark for them. I don't even know who Zuhn is...

The downside here is that pulling Jackson is going to be tough. He's a complete fucking stud. Lets hope he makes a business decision and heads elsewhere in the SEC.

Also, lets not remember that that board in total told us Henson was already superior to Hand. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/20/2019 at 1:16 PM, Sabalo said:

“We can’t all graduate from the best university the land.” 

That should be the new aggy motto.

On 7/21/2019 at 2:15 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

Aggy posters saying they need to land 2/3 of Blackshire, Harris, and Smith at LB when reality is they don't lead for none ( Blackshire with LSU/Bama' and the other 2 for Texas ).

Lulz. Blackshire will not be a LB and they’ll be lucky to get 1 of those 3.

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Oh good. Complete denial and/or the "well flip them later." I love how most of the guys they're looking at aren't the guys on our board at OL, save for literally Foster and Connor. Fatheree probably is behind Byrd and Brockermeyer, we just punched them in the face for Connor, and now Foster is a big question mark for them. I don't even know who Zuhn is...

The downside here is that pulling Jackson is going to be tough. He's a complete fucking stud. Lets hope he makes a business decision and heads elsewhere in the SEC.

Also, lets not remember that that board in total told us Henson was already superior to Hand. 

Jackson is almost definitely not coming to UT, but he’s got a ton of interest in Stanford, tOSU, and the SEC powers, so A&M is gonna have a real uphill battle and Henson isn’t exactly looking like a rainmaker at this point.

Herb on the other Hand....

Edited by Burt Macklin