2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Idk
Snell is back tomorrow. Depends what version of him they get
CFM, Snell and Glasnow is salty if they are at the top of their game

A big if for sure though

They get Dodgers, Yankees and red sox(down year but they are still a potent team)  for 8 of 11.  I just think they are gonna get ran and Cleveland will pass them.

5 minutes ago, Scraps said:

They get Dodgers, Yankees and red sox(down year but they are still a potent team)  for 8 of 11.  I just think they are gonna get ran and Cleveland will pass them.

http://powerrankingsguru.com/mlb/strength-of-schedule.php

Tampa definitely has the toughest remaining schedule of the AL wild card contenders. Thankfully the Astros have the easiest schedule of the big 3 but unfortunately MFY are not far behind.

Barring disaster the Dodgers should remain in the rearview. Only real challenge should come from MFY but Canada really did us a solid by taking two from the damn Yankees

ok, so let's talk schedule, pitching, and verlander's 300k:

17 tues - texas - verlander

18 wed - texas - cole

19 thurs - off

20 fri - laa - greinke

21 sat - laa - miley

22 sun - laa - verlander

23 mon - off

24 tue - @sea - cole

25 wed - @sea - greinke

26 thurs - @laa - miley

27 fri - @laa - verlander

28 sat - @laa - cole

29 sun - @laa - greinke

does this look right?  verlander has 275k, so he'll need 16-18 to make 300 realistic on friday the 27th.  i don't see him pitching more than 6 innings.  also the alds starts friday the 4th, so we're good on rest.  meanwhile, cole already has 292, so he could get 315-320+.

looking at recent leaders, it looks like sale 2017 (308) is the highest in the last 15 years.  more than that, you gotta go back to early 2000's randy johnson.

i may try to go down there on friday/sat and see verlander/cole.

Here’s the screengrab I took from a week or so ago when I mapped it out
Don’t have time to find and quote the original post
Tags tweeted the 28th would be a bullpen day back when Hinch announced the 4 man rotation.
Assuming he was just doing the math too and that’s not been specifically announced by Hinch

39279ac7c69ee79d9181ea532cfd88f1.jpg

Pretty sure they already said 28th is a bullpen day. UtexasFight can confirm or not

Also dont think 25 is gonna be shit. He is about to get half that tomorrow against the Rangers

15 tomorrow would be awesome

I bought tickets to the 22nd after his last start when it looked like he’d be in line to get 3,000 that day.

A 3,000/300 double on the same day would be amazing

good god, i was so out of it today, i was doing calculations on jv getting 300 (instead of 3000 which is what i originally cared about).  what the fucking fuck.  the trucker hats have some sort of paint and you shouldn't be huffing them.

he has 2981, which means he could get it home vs anaheim.  but if he doesn't, he'll definitely get it in anaheim, likely early on.

this is on you assholes for not correcting me.  there i said it.

4 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Here's an article to go along with that.

https://www.mlb.com/amp/news/jose-altuve-is-playing-like-an-mvp-again.html?__twitter_impression=true

Also, here's article with analytics explaining how good Yordan is, and how he could become even greater.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/youre-probably-underrating-yordan-alvarez/

48 minutes ago, APMP said:

Springer

Brantley

Reddick

Tucker

Marisnick

Straw

6 outfielders, obviously can't take all of them into the ALDS round (not sure if Straw will be considered a good enough infielder by Hinch).

Tough decisions coming up.

Leave off Reddick right? I know he's a veteran but that hasn't exactly translated to steady production in the playoffs. I think he has a low or negative defensive WAR so he can't really replace Marisnick. Everyone seems to keep a speed guy like Straw. Maybe you decide if Marisnick gives you enough speed or Straw enough defense to only keep one of them. 

58 minutes ago, Viper said:

Leave off Reddick right? I know he's a veteran but that hasn't exactly translated to steady production in the playoffs. I think he has a low or negative defensive WAR so he can't really replace Marisnick. Everyone seems to keep a speed guy like Straw. Maybe you decide if Marisnick gives you enough speed or Straw enough defense to only keep one of them. 

Man this is a discussion that should be interesting here lol.  I can only imagine some peoples outlook on this

Here’s how I see it

Infielders (6): José Altuve, Alex Bregman, Carlos Correa, Yuli Gurriel, Aledmys Díaz, Myles Straw

Outfielders (6): Michael Brantley, George Springer, Josh Reddick, Jake Marisnick, Yordan Alvarez, Kyle Tucker

Catchers (2): Robinson Chirinos, Martín Maldonado

Starting pitchers (4): Justin Verlander, Gerrit Cole, Zack Greinke, Wade Miley

Relief pitchers (7): Roberto Osuna, Ryan Pressly, Will Harris, Joe Smith, Héctor Rondón, Chris Devenski, Josh James. A heathy Peacock would replace James or Devenski.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Here’s how I see it

Infielders (6): José Altuve, Alex Bregman, Carlos Correa, Yuli Gurriel, Aledmys Díaz, Myles Straw

Outfielders (6): Michael Brantley, George Springer, Josh Reddick, Jake Marisnick, Yordan Alvarez, Kyle Tucker

Catchers (2): Robinson Chirinos, Martín Maldonado

Starting pitchers (4): Justin Verlander, Gerrit Cole, Zack Greinke, Wade Miley

Relief pitchers (7): Roberto Osuna, Ryan Pressly, Will Harris, Joe Smith, Héctor Rondón, Chris Devenski, Josh James. A heathy Peacock would replace James or Devenski.

I think that is the ALDS roster, subject to Peacock getting healthy or Abreu getting hot.

I think they will drop a position player in favor or another P when they get to ALCS

2 hours ago, Viper said:

Tucker and Reddick are redundant right now.

Marisnick is your best defensive player, he's in. Straw has value with his speed and versatility - in other words, he adds something others don't to the roster. 

Tucker and Reddick don't add any unique dimension. I'd give the kid a shot, but it's probably more likely that Reddick is in and Tucker isn't. 

48 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Tucker and Reddick are redundant right now.

Marisnick is your best defensive player, he's in. Straw has value with his speed and versatility - in other words, he adds something others don't to the roster. 

Tucker and Reddick don't add any unique dimension. I'd give the kid a shot, but it's probably more likely that Reddick is in and Tucker isn't. 

Tucker can also steal bases