2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, UTexasFight said:

I mean I’m not going to say no to the #1 seed, but I’d really rather play the Twins in round one than A’s or Rays.
Rays especially if they win the wild card.
I predict they’ll push us or Yankees to 5 games and fuck up rotation for the LCS

fuck all this shit.

i want any possible game 7's at home.

if we can't beat the a's or the rays in a 5 game series with verlander/cole/greinke then we don't deserve to win anyway.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I mean I’m not going to say no to the #1 seed, but I’d really rather play the Twins in round one than A’s or Rays.
I predict they’ll push us or Yankees to 5 games and fuck up rotation for the LCS

Don’t be a pussy. All the teams in the playoffs can beat your ass.  Home field is what I want.  

The team is playing much better at home, of course Game 7's, and at 4 possible Yordan DH games during the World Series. The Stros should desperately pursue home field advantage. 

I hope Tucker keeps it up, it's the only thing that will keep Reddick on his toes. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

48 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with this take.

11 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Sigh
Of course I want home field
I guess I was more pointing out going to a game 5 in the LDS really fucks up the LCS rotation and can somewhat negate the HFA if JV only gets 2 starts instead of a possible 3.

eh, potentially, maybe.

let's say we're the 1 seed and face the wildcard winner.  their rotation is already fucked because of the play-in game, which is a big advantage to being the 1 seed.

then let's say we win the series 3-1 and jv goes in g1 and g4 (regular rest).  so g4 of the alds is on tuesday, and g1 of the alcs isn't until sat.  so if you wanted to keep jv on his regular rest, you have to slum it with cole in g1, and then jv goes in g2 and g5, depending on how the series is going (if we're up 3-1 i can see us starting miley and seeing how it goes).

with a true 1 and 1a scenario, you can't really fuck up our rotation.  worst case you flip flop them, because there's at least 1 off day in between series.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

I agree with this, regarding Oakland - I think the A's are better than MIN or TB...

4 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

if we can't beat the a's or the rays in a 5 game series with verlander/cole/greinke then we don't deserve to win anyway.

...but I also agree with this - 'Stros are going to have to beat 2 good teams, either of which could take a short series. So let's get as many home games as possible.

Edited by Hank Chinaski

11 games to go.
Whatcha got?

I’ll take 9-2. Good luck, Yankees, going 10-1 to take HFA.

Tomorrow should be our toughest game the rest of the way opposite Lynn and we have JV on the mound

6 of the final 11 are In line to have JV or Cole starting.
7 of the final 11 are against the Angels. A team that won’t have Trout, Ohtani or Upton

10-1 might be more reasonable.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

11 games to go.
Whatcha got?

Tomorrow should be our toughest game the rest of the way opposite Lynn and we have JV on the mound

7 of the final 11 are against the Angels. A team that won’t have Trout, Ohtani or Upton

both teams have pretty shitty schedules so I could see this going down to the last day or two of the season.  

All we gotta do is tie.  

2 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

11 games to go.
Whatcha got?

Only fly in the ointment is our ability to play down to the level of our competition at least once a series.  See losing to Baltimore & Detroit with JV on the hill.