2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

13 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Diaz and Jake from Rake Farm need to be taking away DH ab’s from White 

The problem there is if you need them as defensive replacements you lose the DH 

11 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Brantley tonight
b386f5aacf24650851a8b869c413318c.jpg

This lineup is -380 in Vegas. 

Edited by TonyTexas

1 hour ago, Pablo said:

Need a saavy media type to ask why the fuck White is stealing ab's from anyone at this point

He's out of options. They can't send him down without (probably) losing him (I believe - I'm not 100% clear on the transnational process, but I think he goes on waivers if they demote him). 

As it is, the team is humming and White, though he is contributing nothing, isn't hurting anything. Why make the decision now? Maybe...maybe he pulls his numbers up and you can trade him (and he contributes to the team in the process). 

I assume this is the thought process. 

We all want Yordan to replace him, but that's not a clean situation either - White isn't getting everyday ABs anymore, and playing Jake in CF while DHing one of the other OFs has been terrific. If Yordan comes up, who sits? They want him getting ABs every day. 

White has been awful, certainly, but I think we are in an "if it ain't broke..." situation right now. 

8 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

I can fap to this:

They are slugging .507. Here's the complete list of teams that have slugged .500 in a season: the 2019 Astros. That's it. No team has done it for a full season. The highest since 1920 is the 2003 Red Sox at .491. Only 17 teams have slugged .475: four teams between 1927 and 1936 (including the 1927 and 1930 Yankees of Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig listed above), 11 teams between 1994 and 2003, the 2009 Yankees and the 2017 Astros. (The Twins are currently slugging .495.)