2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

I’m really glad that White is gone. It’s good for the team but even better for this thread. The sheer volume of redundant fat jokes and hate posts greatly diminished my enjoyment of this board. Let’s see if they be replaced with some insightful discussion. Unfortunately, I’m not hopeful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

I’m really glad that White is gone. It’s good for the team but even better for this thread. The sheer volume of redundant fat jokes and hate posts greatly diminished my enjoyment of this board. Let’s see if they be replaced with some insightful discussion. Unfortunately, I’m not hopeful.

My hate for Tyler White was more a jab at management for letting it happen for that long

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaysOff said:

You've come to the wrong place pal.

Moose out front shoulda told ya, but seems like somebody ate him

7 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Has the Alvarez first base aversion ever been explained? I believe Yordan didn't play first much in the minors either. 

It's not like the idea never occurred to our coaches. He is a liability at 1st. They are not comfortable with him out there at all, or he would have been there by now.. 

Your mother.

25 minutes ago, texashorne said:

It's not like the idea never occurred to our coaches. He is a liability at 1st. They are not comfortable with him out there at all, or he would have been there by now.. 

17 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I know it’s a small sample size but, from what I’ve seen, he looks to be a liability in LF as well.

Well, they've got to find a position that he's at least passable at.  His bat can't sit just because we're in an NL park.  1B seems the obvious choice and I'm sure they're working with him.

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Well, they've got to find a position that he's at least passable at.  His bat can't sit just because we're in an NL park.  1B seems the obvious choice and I'm sure they're working with him.

His next couple of off-seasons will involve countless hours taking balls at 1B and LF because he is the logical replacement for Yuli and/or Uncle Mike. Luckily, he has some time to get there. 

I’m stuck watching the rangers feed at a friends. Their announcers are insufferable. First it was bitching about MMP dimensions and then they shifted to Houston left the roof closed all day to make it cooler and dampen the flight of the ball.

3 minutes ago, Cooder said:

I’m stuck watching the rangers feed at a friends. Their announcers are insufferable. First it was bitching about MMP dimensions and then they shifted to Houston left the roof closed all day to make it cooler and dampen the flight of the ball.

Text someone to call you with an “emergency”. Or just get the fuck out. Or, hang out with more intelligent people.

Edited by Wishbone

The roof wasn’t fucking closed all day. I flew over Minute Maid Park today on a flight home and it was open at Noon. Dipshits.
  • Like 1