Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

EXACTLY!

Joe doesn't "fix" the Trump problem for good.  Joe just makes it likely a better polished version of Trump shows up in 2024/2028. 

Trump the person may definitely be A problem, but trump the candidate type is definitely not the problem, endemic insider candidates that are controlled by parties is why we are where we are today.

What we need are presidents that serve the nation not their parties.  Failure to see the a shit load of people voted for Trump for that very reason, fail to see what the problem is in Washington, and with our gov't.

3 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

No, I got it perfectly.

What you and the entire Democrat party aren't getting is I would vote Democrat if there was a candidate that I thought was worth a shit.

For the record I elected not to vote at all in the last presidential election as I dislike BOTH candidates so much.

But the Dems don't care and neither do the Republicans. They both keep going to further extremes on their bullshit and THAT is why a moronic flim flam man who has not accomplished shit in life is our president other than bankruptcy and a shitty fake reality show. Well, that and voters are largely idiots.

But I also know this is a waste of key strokes. Nothing is going to change and that why I stopped giving a shit.

Can't like this enough

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Image result for spongebob meme gif

If @BurntEyesthinks any of the D candidates are not miles better than Trump, yes D party does not want your vote. Go vote libertarian or some bs protest vote.

The unicorn R voter who definitely would vote D if they just put up the right candidate is as real as a unicorn. 

Image result for gay unicorn

Edited by tucker
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Trump the person may definitely be A problem, but trump the candidate type is definitely not the problem, endemic insider candidates that are controlled by parties is why we are where we are today.

What we need are presidents that serve the nation not their parties.  Failure to see the a shit load of people voted for Trump for that very reason, fail to see what the problem is in Washington, and with our gov't.

Man, I understand that to win in 2020 and beyond will take some understanding and empathy towards certain voter blocs. But anyone who voted for Trump thinking he intended to "serve the nation" is either living under a rock or a completely gullible simpleton. But I don't believe there's that many people like that, because I don't believe there's that many just absolute idiots in our country. 

"He will serve our nation" is probably like 10th on the list of reasons people voted for him, after their own pocketbook, lib tears, immigration, populism, wanting to see the world burn, pepe the frog memes, fear of a changing world, fear of technology, anti-science, and probably a bunch of other crap that I'm forgetting. Very rarely do I buy "drain the swamp" to be the reasoning for someone voting for him. His entire life and existence for the last 70 years has been swamp. It's almost always just cover for voting him for one of my other listed reasons.

Edited by BradInATX

5 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Man, I understand that to win in 2020 and beyond will take some understanding and empathy towards certain voter blocs. But anyone who voted for Trump thinking he intended to "serve the nation" is either living under a rock or a completely gullible simpleton. But I don't believe there's that many people like that, because I don't believe there's that many just absolute idiots in our country. 

"He will serve our nation" is probably like 10th on the list of reasons people voted for him, after their own pocketbook, lib tears, immigration, populism, wanting to see the world burn, pepe the frog memes, fear of a changing world, fear of technology, anti-science, and probably a bunch of other crap that I'm forgetting. Very rarely do I buy "drain the swamp" to be the reasoning for someone voting for him. His entire life and existence for the last 70 years has been swamp. It's almost always just cover for voting him for one of my other listed reasons.

As I stated, Trump the person no, but part of his appeal was outsider status.  There was most definitely a block of voters who voted for him simply because he was not an insider.

Trump the candidate type, outsider, not bought and paid for by party and corporate donors, most definitely yes.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

35 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

No, I got it perfectly.

What you and the entire Democrat party aren't getting is I would vote Democrat if there was a candidate that I thought was worth a shit.

For the record I elected not to vote at all in the last presidential election as I dislike BOTH candidates so much.

Sure thing, guy who uses "Democrat party" unironically.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

No, I got it perfectly.

But the Dems don't care and neither do the Republicans. They both keep going to further extremes on their bullshit and THAT is why a moronic flim flam man who has not accomplished shit in life is our president other than bankruptcy and a shitty fake reality show. Well, that and voters are largely idiots.

But I also know this is a waste of key strokes. Nothing is going to change and that why I stopped giving a shit.

The only candidate "worth a shit" to you is a Republican-lite.  

I'd love to see a specific recommendation of this magical D candidate BurntEyes would vote for.  Pick someone currently in Congress or maybe a governor.  We're all ears.

By the way, Hillary as a "terrible candidate", while true, is an interesting case study in how to destroy one's popularity.  Her ratings were quite favorable after her stint in Congress and during her time as Secretary of State.  I don't know the exact reasons why she slid into the 2016 election season on a decidedly downward slope -- it probably had as much to do with her utter lack of charisma as anything -- but she wasn't always the pariah people like to make her out to be.

pollster-hillary-clinton-favorable-ratin

You can look back at her favorable/unfavorables going back to the 90s. 

Low in 92 (Bill's first election)

Dip in 96 (Bill's re-election)

Dip in 00 (Senate run)

Dip in 07/08 (Presidential run)

Dip in 2015/16 (Presidential run)

She's well liked outside of running for office

Graph 1

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'd love to see a specific recommendation of this magical D candidate BurntEyes would vote for.  Pick someone currently in Congress or maybe a governor.  We're all ears.

By the way, Hillary as a "terrible candidate", while true, is an interesting case study in how to destroy one's popularity.  Her ratings were quite favorable after her stint in Congress and during her time as Secretary of State.  I don't know the exact reasons why she slid into the 2016 election season on a decidedly downward slope -- it probably had as much to do with her utter lack of charisma as anything -- but she wasn't always the pariah people like to make her out to be.

pollster-hillary-clinton-favorable-ratin

I gave her high marks as Sec state. She had balls, she was like an American Thatcher whether she'd appreciate the compliment or not.

Once it was revealed she had a private server (and it was to hide her activities, anyone trying to claim otherwise is brain dead or willfully ignorant) she was on a long slow fiery re entry.  That the FBI finally re opened the case on her was the nail that sealed it better than the one Bud drove in on Beatrix.

None of the currents Democrats have any sort of criminal taint like that, other than Joe, and where do you start with him ? Creepy old dude, or just business as usual, old school politician, with nothing but outdated status quo vision to offer, and sweetheart deals if you're a son.

I'll tell you, the ability for the right to speak of Biden's creepy old fuck persona while not criticizing Trump for 10X worse is classic echo chamber bullshit.  I heard a bit of the Buck Sexton show last night, and he was going off on Biden without even acknowledging the fact that Trump admitted GRABBING WOMEN BY THE PUSSY AND TRAIPSING AROUND BEAUTY PAGEANT DRESSING ROOMS, all without a hint of irony.  I mean, come on.  Biden is a piker compared to Trump, but somehow this de-legitimizes HIS candidacy while Trump is already re-anointed..

What a ballot that would be: Biden VS Trump.

All I know is that Bernie is foaming at the mouth because Biden is basically the male Hillary as a candidate - establishment, beholden to big money donors, doesn't really have a progressive vision or agenda.

Maybe the two of them will just take each other out like a geriatric WWE match so Warren/Harris can rise up in between the two. 

8 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Once it was revealed she had a private server (

Let’s stop pretending you give a fuck about the email server, given the GOP silence over the endless legitimate security problems with Trump and people in this administration. But I’m glad the republican trolls are here to weigh in on Biden

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'll tell you, the ability for the right to speak of Biden's creepy old fuck persona while not criticizing Trump for 10X worse is classic echo chamber bullshit.  I heard a bit of the Buck Sexton show last night, and he was going off on Biden without even acknowledging the fact that Trump admitted GRABBING WOMEN BY THE PUSSY AND TRAIPSING AROUND BEAUTY PAGEANT DRESSING ROOMS, all without a hint of irony.  I mean, come on.  Biden is a piker compared to Trump, but somehow this de-legitimizes HIS candidacy while Trump is already re-anointed..

What a ballot that would be: Biden VS Trump.

Trumps a scum when it comes to women.  Bidens problem is his creepiness is on video, with multiple women and girls to be seen over and over and over again. 

Just now, Pig Bellmont said:

Let’s stop pretending you give a fuck about the email server, given the GOP silence over the endless legitimate security problems with Trump and people in this administration. But I’m glad the republican trolls are here to weigh in on Biden

Yeah, that's what I'm doing. Why don't you pretend you gave a damn about Hillary, and her server criminal activity.  

7 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Creepy Joe would probably run to the right of Trump on many issues. 

Undoubtedly. The most obvious place this would happen has to do with consumer credit and finance issues. Trump isn't really beholden to Wall Street in the same way Biden has been for decades.

In Trump's stream-of-consciousness campaign rally moments he is a populist.

On most issues Biden is more liberal, but not everything.

12 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Trumps a scum when it comes to women.  Bidens problem is his creepiness is on video, with multiple women and girls to be seen over and over and over again. 

Oh, for fuck's sake.  Trump is on audio ADMITTING IT. 

Your pathological need to excuse Trump for things like this is absolutely disgusting.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Your pathological need to excuse Trump for things like this is absolutely disgusting.

Jesus you can't process information at all. Video is always worse than audio. It doesn't lessen what Trump did, and yeah lots of people are giving Trump a pass.  

6 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Jesus you can't process information at all. Video is always worse than audio. It doesn't lessen what Trump did, and yeah lots of people are giving Trump a pass.  

Physician, heal thyself.  You're a fool if this is your take.

2 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Yeah, and I'd like you to go ahead and quote exactly where I said that Trump is superior.

You said that the dems need to put up the right candidate to get your vote. Which implies that either:

1) You favor Trump over at least one of them

or

2) You won't vote for the candidate you believe to be superior

BTW sup TBE - how ya been?

Edited by BradInATX

7 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Exactly along the Democrat party line.

Thanks for confirming why I simply don't care nor even attempt actual discussion in this amusing party line echo chamber.

Good bye and good luck.

And you've confirmed why the "Democrat party" shouldn't bother trying to persuade phonies like you to vote for the alternative to Trump.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Spoiler

Image result for trump and ivanka

Spoiler

Spoiler

This doesn't even include Howard Stern audio. 

22 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I for one am shocked that BurntEyes is not putting forth any examples of the type of Dem he'd be willing to vote for.

Well HE has to be PERFECT and not too far left and espouse many mainstream opinions as long as BurntEyes supports them but again, can't be too far left. 

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

They don't need to cater to anyone who is "a long way from being a Democrat" that won't be happy unless the Democrats run a Republican-lite. Hillary's biggest problem (because being scandal-plagued and a bad candidate, period) was that she tried to turn out more unhappy Republicans for her at the expense of the base. 

Democrats don't need to cater to unhappy Republicans because they should be voting to throw Trump out, regardless of who, and rebuild their party from the ashes of defeat.  Instead, they'll bitch and moan that Bernie/Warren/Harris/Beto are too "far-left" and vote for Trump or Gary Johnson or not vote and then spend 4 more years blaming everyone else for Trump being president.

"Why, if you had just given me a candidate that wasn't such a Democrat, I'd have voted for them!" 

100% this.  It is a waste of everyone's time to come on this board and pretend that you would vote for anyone the Dems would put up.  "I would very likely vote Dem if you would just not nominate someone that you like!"  Fuck off trolls.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Joe beats Sanders ($5.9) and Beto ($5.8 ($300k general election not included))

Bernie raised $5.9M from 224k donors
Biden raised $6.3M from 97k donors

lol

notice it says 97% of "online" donations were under $200.  the math isn't that hard to do on the rest.

But hours after launching his campaign Thursday, Biden’s first formal event wasn’t at a union hall or factory. It was a Philadelphia fund-raiser with prominent executives from Comcast, Independence Blue Cross, and powerhouse law firms, all hosted in West Mount Airy home of Comcast Executive Vice President David L. Cohen.

Guests were asked to contribute as much as $2,800, and snacked on Mediterranean charcuterie with sliced steak and other hors d’oeuvres as they assembled on Cohen’s back patio for Biden’s 14-minute speech. More than 100 showed up.

Take away that corporate fundraising dinner and he lost to Beto and Bernie.

The battle lines are getting clearer all the time.

Former VP with 100% name recognition pulling in 30k fewer donors than a Texan who just lose a Senate race.

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Like 1

Just now, Ghost of LL said:

And at some point, can we talk about his bankruptcy bill?

Yeah that’s the absolute worst. By far. And there are plenty of others I disagree with him on.

So can someone point out some data that would lead to the conclusion that someone like Warren would have a better chance of beating trump, or even show that she would in fact beat him? Because I haven’t seen it.

The data says Bernie would beat trump too, but not as assuredly as Biden. I think he would though. Same as 2016. 

Because as much as I want a president like Warren, I don’t want a candidate Warren losing to president shitstain trump and suffering through another 4 more years of this complete bullshit. I’d prefer just some conservative dem like Obama who did some good, some bad, and caused me to basically ignore politics in general. 

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden