Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

52 minutes ago, Js1 said:

LOL did you just call me a "poser" for being..... a Democrat talking about the Democratic nominee and who the Democrats would vote for?

Aren't you the poser because you bitch about how "far left" the Democrats are becoming while simultaneously saying how much you hate Donald Trump?  I have no faith you would vote for Bernie tomorrow if he was the nominee for Trump.  I don't think you'd vote for Trump, you're clearly far too intelligent and successful in life to fall for a fat carnival barking grifter.  I think you'd either not vote or vote Libertarian so you can feel better about it.  But you'd be one of the many then bitching on the internet about "the Democrats' fault" for getting Trump re-elected.  100%. 

Super duper glad you'd feel right at home on the south side of Chicago.  Chicago is a cool place.  My entire family is from Chicago (but I was born in Texas).  I don't make fun of suburban moms either, I was raised by one (a single one, at that).  And I think Bama Chick is the coolest suburban mom on the planet because she gets wine drunk and posts about Beto.  I love that shit.  

No - I mean people in general.  I loved BT’a post with suburb moms too and repped it before that reply.  

We are all anonymous here so I was giving an honest chuckle.  And I’m a pampered guy these days.  Probably have gotten soft too.  But saying I still have no issues walking around anywhere and fitting in.  I like to work out at the ‘ghetto’ gym and I happily worked our shittiest site in Inglewood, but get called out online.  It’s funny but that’s the internet.  

Sorry if the Sunday night boozy post came across as personal.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Biden is already benefiting from the exhaustion effect that protects Trump.

If it was 1 or 2 things that were terrible about him, he'd be sunk. But he just might be so stupid and so terrible and so covered in embarrassment that he's immune to all of it.

There's also the fact that a whole lot of Democratic voters like him.

21 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Biden is already benefiting from the exhaustion effect that protects Trump.

If it was 1 or 2 things that were terrible about him, he'd be sunk. But he just might be so stupid and so terrible and so covered in embarrassment that he's immune to all of it.

I almost hope youre being paid for this. 

Look man, Biden has his flaws and its a long campaign. You should conserve some of that energy. I like the Bern too. 

I wonder if the odd nature of the current WH lends itself to change how the front-running opponent should operate?

Should Biden have a press secretary that has daily briefings on how they see current issues and how they differ from Trump? Basically run as a shadow WH.  If Biden can somehow get the national media or national attention on those briefings, it builds credibility and shows how you would lead.  These press conferences would basically be the daily "top 10 Trump admin screwups." 

• Like 2

On 4/29/2019 at 8:21 AM, bad_teammate said:

lol this guy decided to run for president THREE TIMES after saying this

Why not print Biden's quote in its entirety, Bad-Teammate?  To wit: 

“I do not buy the concept, popular in the ’60s, which said,  ‘We have suppressed the black man for 300 years and the white man is now far ahead in the race for everything our society offers. In order to even the score, we must now give the black man a head start, or even hold the white man back, to even the race. I don’t buy that.”

• Like 1

You just quoted less of it than I did. lol

“I do not buy the concept, popular in the ‘60s, which said, ‘We have suppressed the black man for 300 years and the white man is now far ahead in the race for everything our society offers. In order to even the score, we must now give the black man a head start, or even hold the white man back, to even the race.’ I don’t buy that.

“I don’t feel responsible for the sins of my father and grandfather,” he continued at the time. “I feel responsible for what the situation is today, for the sins of my own generation. And I’ll be damned if I feel responsible to pay for what happened 300 years ago.

Here's the entire interview for those interested.

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

You just quoted less of it than I did. lol

“I do not buy the concept, popular in the ‘60s, which said, ‘We have suppressed the black man for 300 years and the white man is now far ahead in the race for everything our society offers. In order to even the score, we must now give the black man a head start, or even hold the white man back, to even the race.’ I don’t buy that.

“I don’t feel responsible for the sins of my father and grandfather,” he continued at the time. “I feel responsible for what the situation is today, for the sins of my own generation. And I’ll be damned if I feel responsible to pay for what happened 300 years ago.

Here's the entire interview for those interested.

This attitude is how institutional racism continues to exist in America. It lets white people off the hook.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

This attitude is how institutional racism continues to exist in America. It lets white people off the hook.

No it doesn’t. Good grief.  Biden is a fucking moron, and seems have a touch of the racism (anyone recall his comments about Obama being “clean” and “articulate”), but nobody today owes anybody anything for what happened 300 years ago.  It’s just dumb, like most things we try and convince ourselves are “issues” each election cycle. It’s moronic bullshit meant to deflect the fact that we are in financial peril, and no one has any treasonable idea nor plan to even curb the problem much less actually make a dent in it. There are no votes to be had in actually fixing any real problem, and no brains in our government to make it happen if any of these useless fucks had the balls to even admit they wanted to try. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

No it doesn’t. Good grief.  Biden is a fucking moron, and seems have a touch of the racism (anyone recall his comments about Obama being “clean” and “articulate”), but nobody today owes anybody anything for what happened 300 years ago.  It’s just dumb, like most things we try and convince ourselves are “issues” each election cycle. It’s moronic bullshit meant to deflect the fact that we are in financial peril, and no one has any treasonable idea nor plan to even curb the problem much less actually make a dent in it. There are no votes to be had in actually fixing any real problem, and no brains in our government to make it happen if any of these useless fucks had the balls to even admit they wanted to try. 

Bullshit. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Bullshit. 

Well you go ahead and write a check.  1% of Americans owned slaves I believe. So if ya wanna go after the 1%'ere have at it.  Many current citizens of this country didn't have family here until the late 1800's early 1900's. Do they owe black folks anything ?

The US gov't could write a check, to verified children of verified slaves I guess. Other than that when do the Chinese get reparations or the American Indians ?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Well you go ahead and write a check.  1% of Americans owned slaves I believe. So if ya wanna go after the 1%'ere have at it.  Many current citizens of this country didn't have family here until the late 1800's early 1900's. Do they owe black folks anything ?

The US gov't could write a check, to verified children of verified slaves I guess. Other than that when do the Chinese get reparations or the American Indians ?

All questions that should be thoroughly debated.

A truth and reconciliation commission is way overdue. This country has never collectively confronted its long history of racism.

44 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

All questions that should be thoroughly debated.

A truth and reconciliation commission is way overdue. This country has never collectively confronted its long history of racism.

You start the debate.  Tell us who should pay and who should get payment.

I vote for a paying for the administrative costs of your truth and reconciliation commission, although I'd rather put the money to education and rehabilitation.

11 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

You start the debate.  Tell us who should pay and who should get payment.

I vote for a paying for the administrative costs of your truth and reconciliation commission, although I'd rather put the money to education and rehabilitation.

That's what debate is for. We'll never approve reparations in this country, but debate lets us know where everyone stands.

That is instructive.

24 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I have no problem with the idea of reparations. They are long overdue.

You said the debates will instruct you.

Now that you know I am against reparations, how are you instructed?

(I'm not instructed by your position on this in the slightest.  Reparations are a legal issue.  They might have been manageable right after emancipation or Jim Crow if we had provided counsel to the victims and allowed them to bring tort or contract actions against the wrong doers.  I would think some people might think there is a manageable system, but most won't.  I'm not going to give a brownie point to someone who is for reparations or take one away because they are against.)

What's left is a bunch of people being triggered because we don't have a dialogue or a debate.  I think putting money to museums and arts counsels and historical societies to preserve the history is important, but I think what is more important it to enact color blind policies that help those who have been the victims of history in education, and criminal rehabilitation.

I'm all for reading Ta Nehisi Coats and having reparations as the subject of the UIL Debate contests.  I just don't have faith that people will be instructed by seeing where people stand.  You get instructed by reading history.)

Edited by tantric superman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

You said the debates will instruct you.

Now that you know I am against reparations, how are you instructed?

(I'm not instructed by your position on this in the slightest.  Reparations are a legal issue.  They might have been manageable right after emancipation or Jim Crow if we had provided counsel to the victims and allowed them to bring tort or contract actions against the wrong doers.  I would think some people might think there is a manageable system, but most won't.  I'm not going to give a brownie point to someone who is for reparations or take one away because they are against.)

What's left is a bunch of people being triggered because we don't have a dialogue or a debate.  I think putting money to museums and arts counsels and historical societies to preserve the history is important, but I think what is more important it to enact color blind policies that help those who have been the victims of history in education, and criminal rehabilitation.

I'm all for reading Ta Nehisi Coats and having reparations as the subject of the UIL Debate contests.  I just don't have faith that people will be instructed by seeing where people stand.  You get instructed by reading history.)

It shows me that you don't think this country owes anything to African Americans for the lasting effects of slavery. Most Americans agree with you.

1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

*nods Shapiroishly*

So the wife had supported Hillary at some point in the past - she denies this but the proof is in all the BS we get from that part of the D party.  We get destroyed with phone calls (her cell, thank God)  and mailers about shit 90% of the year but the last several months there was an eery silence.  Then Uncle Joe declares and BOOM, the machine kicks in.  We are inundated with bullshit.  Interesting.  

Side note on the phone calls - she got so pissed off after they refused to remove her from lists, she would start routinely telling the callers she is going  to vote for Trump, putting that shit on speaker and hearing the crying was actually worth it.  The best part is she's a citizen of Slovakia and couldn't even fucking vote.  #wimmenz

5 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

So the wife had supported Hillary at some point in the past - she denies this but the proof is in all the BS we get from that part of the D party.  We get destroyed with phone calls (her cell, thank God)  and mailers about shit 90% of the year but the last several months there was an eery silence.  Then Uncle Joe declares and BOOM, the machine kicks in.  We are inundated with bullshit.  Interesting.  

Side note on the phone calls - she got so pissed off after they refused to remove her from lists, she would start routinely telling the callers she is going  to vote for Trump, putting that shit on speaker and hearing the crying was actually worth it.  The best part is she's a citizen of Slovakia and couldn't even fucking vote.  #wimmenz

damn, you got you a melania.  nice work.

Heaven forbid she drop a dime on beto or your shit fixin to get put on blast mode.  

• Haha 1

Just now, Anastasis said:

damn, you got you a melania.  nice work.

Heaven forbid she drop a dime on beto or your shit fixin to get put on blast mode.  

That's Slovenia...but close.  She'd cut you for that remark.  She's a Mayor Pete fanatic.  Smart girl. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

It shows me that you don't think this country owes anything to African Americans for the lasting effects of slavery. Most Americans agree with you.

Wrong .  I'm therefore doubtful a debate would be very instructive to you.

10 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Oh, OK. What does America owe African Americans for the lasting effects of slavery?

1)A vastly more extensive and available road to higher education and economic opportunity, 2) a more just legal system focused on retraining and rehabilitation and 3) more available social services to support the first two.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

1)A vastly more extensive and available road to higher education and economic opportunity, 2) a more just legal system focused on retraining and rehabilitation and 3) more available social services to support the first two.

Some people might call this a form of reparations.

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden