Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

20 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Oh lawd Joe, no! 

17 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

What in the actual fuck?

Don't worry, he is a drunkard that slurs his speech so much he's probably going to get passed up by someone else.

3 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Don't worry, he is a drunkard that slurs his speech so much he's probably going to get passed up by someone else.

yeah, a bumbling fool muttering gibberish in broken english could never be elected to a high public office.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, David Dennison said:

What in the actual fuck?

6 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Oh lawd Joe, no! 

The guy has always been dumber than two sacks of assholes.  This is the bloody cunt's fourth run at president.  When he squints his eyes, tilts his head back with his hands clasped in front of his face, as if he's about to inject spiritual wisdom into the audience, you can know that he'll say something so inconceivably stupid and out of touch that the only thing left to ponder is why that daft motherfucker still has an audience.  His resume is almost four decades of the dumbest bullshit Washington has ever had to offer, including the reality television business person with complicated hair.  But for whatever reason, the DNC will never stop jacking off into this crusted old sock and continuously dipping their faces into that rusted saw.  Yes, Joe, what the nation needs now is to tighten the screws on marijuana users and another Dick Cheney. 

• Like 4

If the Democratic voter playbook is "I will enthusiastically vote for any D vs. Trump", then can we please pick literally any other candidate over Joe Biden? 

It's amazing that people look at polls this far out and go "welp, Joe is cruising to victory. Everyone better fall in line and support him" when the the polls are most likely HORSESHIT NONSENSE. How many people do you know who follow politics that have Biden as their #1 candidate? I don't know a single person. Maybe I'm sheltered from it.

This old dipshit will do and say stupid, horrifying shit on a daily basis for the next year and a half. Please don't normalize, excuse, or dismiss it for the sake of defeating Trump. Republicans hated Hillary so much that they normalized, excused and dismissed Trump's assholery in 2016.

I'm not equating Biden and Trump, but some Ds are willingly falling into the same trap. Do better. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

Joe has really aged in 3 years. Doesn’t walk steady and talks unsteady. But I’d vote for him in a heartbeat over that lying, bully, wife cheater in the WH right now.

As someone who preferred Trump over Hillary I would vote Biden over Trump if he makes it. Or at least I was going to until exactly what you said.

Edited by Clintonaldo

12 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

NAFTA? Great!

China? No threat to our jobs!

Folks? FOLKS!

Healthcare? Malarkey!

I'd say he has a chance...

12 hours ago, Fozzz said:

If he wins the nom he can't seriously challenge Trump as being corrupt.  

Oh yes, that's the spot. 

10 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

there's always more and it's always dumber

Warmer...

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

there's always more, and it's always dumber

I'd say Joe has a real chance.  

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

The guy has always been dumber than two sacks of assholes.  This is the bloody cunt's fourth run at president.  When he squints his eyes, tilts his head back with his hands clasped in front of his face, as if he's about to inject spiritual wisdom into the audience, you can know that he'll say something so inconceivably stupid and out of touch that the only thing left to ponder is why that daft motherfucker still has an audience.  His resume is almost four decades of the dumbest bullshit Washington has ever had to offer, including the reality television business person with complicated hair.  But for whatever reason, the DNC will never stop jacking off into this crusted old sock and continuously dipping their faces into that rusted saw.  Yes, Joe, what the nation needs now is to tighten the screws on marijuana users and another Dick Cheney. 

Yeah lock it up.  This guy is gonna be the nominee.  We'll all be butt chugging grain alcohol trying to erase our minds after watching this fuck go head to head vs orange fucktard.   

35 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

If the Democratic voter playbook is "I will enthusiastically vote for any D vs. Trump", then can we please pick literally any other candidate over Joe Biden? 

It's amazing that people look at polls this far out and go "welp, Joe is cruising to victory.

I'm not going to worry too much because of that.  I think when people line him up against the other Dems its going to be pretty clear that Joe is past whatever prime he had.

20 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

I'm not going to worry too much because of that.  I think when people line him up against the other Dems its going to be pretty clear that Joe is past whatever prime he had.

God I hope so. Much better options 

I've said from the very beginning that Biden has no chance. But that's with the assumption that the vast majority of Democrats would be smart enough to not fall for his terrible bullshit and history of being a fuckhead.

But with the hysterical, desperate cries of "I just want to beat Trump!" gaining traction, stupidity might get in the way. 

Here should be the real gameplan: Assume any D will beat Trump. Vote and champion for the candidate you think would be the best President, and the rest will take care of itself. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Here should be the real gameplan: Assume any D will beat Trump. Vote and champion for the candidate you think would be the best President, and the rest will take care of itself. 

That tactic is 0 for 1.

There's nothing wrong with voting for the candidate you think has the best chance of beating Trump, even if s/he isn't your first choice among the Dems.  If all the Bernie Bots had gotten on board and shown up for Hillary, we wouldn't be in this fucking mess.  But too many of them fell in love with an ideal and gave up once that was no longer an option.

And I'm telling you, this ultra-progressive side of the Democratic Party can fuck this thing up.  This election will be about winning the middle.  Figure out who can do that, and that's who you back.  And that isn't Warren, etc, no matter how good her ideas are.  She can advance that agenda from the seat she already holds, as long as she's got a sympathetic, sane, adult president.

Biden and a younger, more energetic VP could and would beat Trump.  It's not my first choice, but if that's what we get, I'll vote for it and volunteer for it.  This is a time for pragmatism over idealism.

Edited by TexArcher

4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

That tactic is 0 for 1.

Hillary Clinton was anointed by the Democratic Party right after Obama won re-election in 2012.  The circumstances are not similar in any way. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Hillary Clinton was anointed by the Democratic Party right after Obama won re-election in 2012.  The circumstances are not similar in any way. 

Unfortunately, they are.  We cannot assume that any Dem is going to beat Trump and just pick the one we like the most.  We need to pick the one who polls best against Trump to ensure that he doesn't win the general election.

Ordinarily I'm on board with working for your personal favorite.  But Trump has to be stopped at all costs.  This isn't like most elections.  If that means I need to back Biden instead of Buttigieg because Biden polls better than Buttigieg against Trump (which we won't know until further along, but seems likely), then that's what I need to do.  Again, pragmatism over idealism.  Get that fucker out before he finishes ruining this country.  

28 minutes ago, Js1 said:

God I hope so. Much better options 

As someone who is pretty moderate (and damn close to conservative if I ever have faith in my fellow man), I see a Biden in the race for a few months as a very good thing.  I'm assuming he'll drive the group a little more to the right, and so we will get some folks who set themselves as a younger, better alternative to Biden. Could backfire if he stays popular and the group heads more to the left.

4 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

I see a Biden in the race for a few months as a very good thing.  I'm assuming he'll drive the group a little more to the right, and so we will get some folks who set themselves as a younger, better alternative to Biden.

Good point.  The simple fact that Biden is way ahead of the field at this early point may force them to back away from the ultra-progressive stuff, which could be a good thing in the long run even if one of them beats Biden in the primary.

Edited by TexArcher

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Unfortunately, they are.  We cannot assume that any Dem is going to beat Trump and just pick the one we like the most.  We need to pick the one who polls best against Trump to ensure that he doesn't win the general election.

Ordinarily I'm on board with working for your personal favorite.  But Trump has to be stopped at all costs.  This isn't like most elections.  If that means I need to back Biden instead of Buttigieg because Biden polls better than Buttigieg against Trump (which we won't know until further along, but seems likely), then that's what I need to do.  Again, pragmatism over idealism.  Get that fucker out before he finishes ruining this country.  

Ok, you want to trust POLLING predictions to basically pick the nominee. That is fucking ridiculous and scary. 

Nominating a candidate based on the fear/hatred of Donald Trump is an abysmal and destructive strategy.  Trump will beat any nominee that makes it all about Trump. 

5 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Ok, you want to trust POLLING predictions to basically pick the nominee. That is fucking ridiculous and scary. 

Nominating a candidate based on the fear/hatred of Donald Trump is an abysmal and destructive strategy.  Trump will beat any nominee that makes it all about Trump. 

Okay, play a hypothetical game with me.  Let's say by the night before the primary, your favorite is Elizabeth Warren and she polls 3 points behind Trump for the general election, but Joe Biden polls 8 points ahead of Trump.

Do you actually vote for Warren in the primary?

Ordinarily, I would say vote your conscience and hope you end up getting what you really want.  But this isn't like most elections where you're stuck with somebody like Kasich if you lose.

The only point I'm trying to make is that there is nothing wrong with making your top priority getting Trump out instead of getting your favorite Dem in.

34 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

If all the Bernie Bots had gotten on board and shown up for Hillary, we wouldn't be in this fucking mess.  But too many of them fell in love with an ideal and gave up once that was no longer an option.

I think bad_teammate just pulled up in the parking lot.

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Okay, play a hypothetical game with me.  Let's say by the night before the primary, your favorite is Elizabeth Warren and she polls 3 points behind Trump for the general election, but Joe Biden polls 8 points ahead of Trump.

Do you actually vote for Warren in the primary?

100% no question would vote for Warren.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

100% no question would vote for Warren.  

Fair enough.  I like all of the Dems so much more than Trump that I hope the one with best chance of dethroning him wins the nomination.  Whichever that turns out to be.  I hope it's Pete, but I'm not mad if it's Joe.

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I hope it’s Pete or Warren or Bernie or Kamala or Beto or Booker or Castro or Klobuchar or basically go down the list.

I’m furious if it’s Biden. If he’s the nominee this country deserves to play in the rubble.

Fuck off.

If the country elects trump again it deserves to play in the rubble. Not Biden. A majority of voters disagree with your dumbass stance.

I get it. You hate Biden. Try to give yourself some credibility on the subject instead of posting hyperbolic bullshit like Biden is somehow equal to trump. 

Just because the country disagrees with you doesn’t make the country a bunch of idiots. Unless of course, they vote in trump again.  Then I’ll agree with you. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Fair enough.  I like all of the Dems so much more than Trump that I hope the one with best chance of dethroning him wins the nomination.  Whichever that turns out to be.  I hope it's Pete, but I'm not mad if it's Joe.

More than one of the Dem candidates can beat Trump.  

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden