Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

1 hour ago, GW Hayduke said:

Take a read of the article the accuser wrote in 2019.

https://web.archive.org/web/20190404043945/https://medium.com/@shewrites94/why-a-liberal-democrat-supports-vladimir-putin-f54ca2a3a405

The title is "Why a Liberal Democrat Supports Vladimir Putin." Below are some her reasons.  You can't make this shit up lulz...

President Putin’s genius is his judo ability to conserve his own energy and let the opponents flail, using up their energy, while he gains position.

President Putin has an alluring combination of strength with gentleness.

His sensuous image projects his love for life, the embodiment of grace while facing adversity.

President Putin’s obvious reverence for women, children and animals, and his ability with sports is intoxicating to American women.

Ok, that's some full on trumpkin shit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

eh, i'm always inclined to believe these even if some of the details and the timing are a little hinky.  i think it's completely possible (if not probable) that this woman is inconsistent, unreliable, flighty, kooky, but that this also happened exactly like she says.  it's not an either/or situation.

i'm also starting to come to the conclusion that from a political-only perspective, this is better left unaddressed.  right now, it's only a credible allegation, but plenty of folks will dismiss it because it's old and it came up in the middle of a presidential cycle.  they can explain it away in their minds, and still vote biden and sleep at night (especially women, because they will win this election for him).

once biden comes out on it one way or the other, then that becomes the story.  either he's accusing a woman of lying (not a great look) or he's admitting to sexual assault (a worse look).  and yes, trump has done far worse and likely continues to do so, and yes, unfortunately that doesn't matter.  the right is going to hit him with this regardless, so i think the correct answer only in terms of how to approach this in for the 2020 general election, is to completely leave it alone.

this thing is the 3rd rail.  stay away. 

This is where the media bias comes in and helps Biden in a big way. They can help it stay unaddressed. 

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Blasey-Ford: "I don't know who was there, where it was, when it happened, what specifically happened, and I didn't ever really tell anyone. But indelible in the hippocampus is the fact that a Republican raped me."

Liberals:

crying-gif.gif

Reade: "Here's a clear and precise story. My mom called Larry King about it the same year it happened. Multiple people corroborate me telling them immediately afterwards. People in the Senate office remember me being hastily reassigned. I know the Democrat who raped me." (repeat for all of Clinton's rape victims)

Liberals:

tenor.gif?itemid=9032176

#MeToo

Liberal QAnon

Shitting on Blasey-Ford is not the way to make your point, BT. 

There is no shitting on Blasey-Ford happening, and you know that. She gave a compelling and believable testimony. I believed her then and believe her now. I think Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her when they were younger.

You know damned well my post isn't an attack on her but pointing out the blatant hypocrisy of partisan hacks, but you've got a rapist to run interference for...

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Ok, that's some full on trumpkin shit.

It totally is. Any journalist with half an ounce of integrity would see this about the accuser and tell her to fuck right off. That allows the trumpkins to scream the media is biased or pretend the there is some hypocrisy going on.

Edited by GW Hayduke

6 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

It totally is. Any journalist with half an ounce of integrity would see this about the accuser and tell her to fuck right off. That allows the trumpkins to scream the media is biased or pretend the there is some hypocrisy going on.

Clearly, Vladimir Putin told her to lie to everyone she knew about it 30 years ago just to lay the groundwork for this. He’s wily, that one.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Blasey-Ford: "I don't know who was there, where it was, when it happened, what specifically happened, and I didn't ever really tell anyone. But indelible in the hippocampus is the fact that a Republican raped me."

Liberals:

crying-gif.gif

Reade: "Here's a clear and precise story. My mom called Larry King about it the same year it happened. Multiple people corroborate me telling them immediately afterwards. People in the Senate office remember me being hastily reassigned. I know the Democrat who raped me." (repeat for all of Clinton's rape victims)

Liberals:

tenor.gif?itemid=9032176

#MeToo

Liberal QAnon

Oh so her mom called Larry King about it some time later. That’s some good proof there you got trump supporter. 

Could you be more obvious? Just admit you are a trump supporter voting for trump and spare us this nonsense misdirection lying.

There is no shitting on Blasey-Ford happening, and you know that. She gave a compelling and believable testimony. I believed her then and believe her now. I think Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her when they were younger.

You know damned well my post isn't an attack on her but pointing out the blatant hypocrisy of partisan hacks, but you've got a rapist to run interference for...

So are you voting dem again this fall just like you always say you have in the past? 

4 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

Biden and his campaign should handle it as they feel appropriate for sure, but folks should at least be aware of the odd coincidence that after the election meddling in our prior election we now have one accusation of rape coming from someone who wrote the below article in 2019. 

https://web.archive.org/web/20190404043945/https://medium.com/@shewrites94/why-a-liberal-democrat-supports-vladimir-putin-f54ca2a3a405

Is that really something she wrote? That is absolutely straight up ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

People like Jimmy are why I never use my real name online and never attend meetups or jump in a Discord or anything like that.

Jesus.

Sorry if pointing out the truth about you hurts you so much. You are a fraud on this board. 

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Is that really something she wrote? That is absolutely straight up ridiculous. 

“Through my lens, President Putin brought a chaotic and failed nation to become a vibrant, creative, economic force within a decade. I don’t care what your politics; just admit that his sheer, calculated vision and willful energy brought Russia back to be a world power. Now, I said this to a friend recently, she waved her glass of Merlot at me and began the “anti-Russia” lecture we all have come in America to memorize, a tale of spies, oligarchs, rigged elections and murders. I start to drift. I listen to the Sade song playing in the background “The Sweetest Taboo” as she speaks. When she finishes, I say, “Well, he is very good to women, holds them in high regard.” She starts to protest then stops and says, “yes, yes, but…” She trails off no doubt thinking of the American President’s obvious disdain and objectification of all women. I shrug. Maybe, America is on some wrong side of very big issues and we need to look at our own actions. For example,Yemen or Afghanistan. It used to be fashionable as a Democrat to embrace our Russian sisters and brothers. Now, it is supposed to be only Republican territory. This is ironic since the whole American anti-Russian propaganda came originally from neo-conservative hawks.”

Yeah seems credible to me. No wonder the trolls on this board believe her.  

5 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Time for a second look at Mayor Pete?  “Buttigieg 2020:  I Can Promise I Never Sexually Assaulted a Woman!”

Not gonna work. The republicans will come up with some dude who claimed 15 years ago Pete stuck his thumb up his butthole one time against his will. 

59 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Oh so her mom called Larry King about it some time later. That’s some good proof there you got trump supporter. 

Could you be more obvious? Just admit you are a trump supporter voting for trump and spare us this nonsense misdirection lying.

The accuser also told her neighbor about it at the time as well.  Are you really arguing that the accuser has made all of this up?

9 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

The accuser also told her neighbor about it at the time as well.  Are you really arguing that the accuser has made all of this up?

Both you and I don’t know and will never know if it ever happened. 

If I told you someone had sexually assaulted me two years later that is not proof that it ever happened. It is proof that I told you that.

You support trump who has had at least 15 women accuse him of sexual assault. You never have once said let’s go get trump for that. 

You only care because your hero is going to lose in the fall and you are flailing about trying to somehow prevent that. 

Sorry but it won’t work. You are fighting a losing battle here. 

15 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

They will never really argue it outright, but they'll assassinate her character and throw as much sand in the air as possible to try and achieve the same effect without ever getting their hands dirty.

Just like centrist Republicans did to Blasey-Ford.

The flipside of the same shitty coin.

10 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

They will never really argue it outright, but they'll assassinate her character and throw as much sand in the air as possible to try and achieve the same effect without ever getting their hands dirty.

I didn’t oppose Kavanaugh becoming a Supreme Court justice, because since because of the republicans senate I thought it inevitable anyway, until he ultimately embarrassed himself at his hearing doing what trump told him to do, which was to “defend himself” and make an ass of himself and reveal he didn’t have the temperament of a US Supreme Court justice. His defense was a complete embarrassment, as Saturday night live ultimately showed.

The accusations against him were incapable of being proven and therefore were not disqualifying. His reaction to them was. 

I realize you can’t ever understand or make that distinction given your support of the president and the Republican Party, but don’t lump all the rest of us in your intellectual vacuum. 

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Like 1

Here’s her first tweet after the Intercept article was published.

https://twitter.com/ReadeAlexandra/status/1242546436304072704?s=20

I am making no judgement on the validity of Reade’s accusations, but I can assure you that Blasey-Ford’s accusations would have never taken off had she led with “#merrickgarland4life.”
  • Like 2

Exactly. Playing pundit regarding media strategy instead of taking any kind of risk by having values and taking stands on the facts and issues involved. You can't bring yourself to call her a liar, so instead you're ~*~*~ concerned ~*~*~ about tone and context so you can effectively call her a liar.

A forum full of PR flacks lol

Jimmy coming in with the hot, "Oh yeah? I don't believe ANY rape victims, and even if I did, it doesn't matter and isn't disqualifying!" take.

Damn, hard to compete with that one.

So go on and vote for trump, which you are going to do anyway, I don’t give a shit.

Exactly. Playing pundit regarding media strategy instead of taking any kind of risk by having values and taking stands on the facts and issues involved. You can't bring yourself to call her a liar, so instead you're ~*~*~ concerned ~*~*~ about tone and context so you can effectively call her a liar.

There are facts and issues that look bad for Biden, no denying that. But there have also been a number of facts and issues discussed in this thread that you have written off solely because you don’t think they are important. Her changing public story, her sharp turn in opinion towards Biden, deep affection towards two of the three parties that would most benefit from a Biden downfall, etc.
Part of what made Blasey-Ford so believable was that she had absolutely nothing to gain from the allegations. Reade has made it very clear that’s not the case here.
I subscribe to the HG theory that these claims are rarely fabricated and there most likely is truth to them. But to act like all allegations are created equal and anyone who believed Blasey-Ford must treat these identically is not living in reality. Again, I am not saying/implying/insinuating that she is lying, I am only merely commenting on why the public perception seems to be different this time.
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

LOL. I don’t know if she’s a liar. Same as you. 

But you automatically believe her because you are trump supporting moron who will do whatever you can to make sure that trump is re-elected. 

You will fail of course.  But do what you will, trumpkin. 

15 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

There are facts and issues that look bad for Biden, no denying that. But there have also been a number of facts and issues discussed in this thread that you have written off solely because you don’t think they are important. Her changing public story, her sharp turn in opinion towards Biden, deep affection towards two of the three parties that would most benefit from a Biden downfall, etc.

I'll happily discuss any of it...

"Her changing public story"

This means nothing to me with regard to sexual assault reporting.

Part of our patriarchal rape culture society is that it punishes reporters and ruins their lives. Also, it builds into young women the sense that they deserve what happens to them, that they're supposed to be treated that way, that it doesn't really matter, that it's boys-will-be-boys, that discretion is the better part of valor for victims, that their own advancement and happiness depends on their silence, etc...

The idea that a woman should tell her story loudly, publicly, perfectly, and immediately is a perpetuation of rape culture. Which Democrats are happy to do right now as it suits them. The entire point of #MeToo and #BelieveWomen was that we were going to be open-eyed and open-minded about understanding the truly insidious nature of patriarchal rape culture.

Democrats hijacked it for partisan ends. And it's unacceptable and disgusting.

"her sharp turn in opinion towards Biden"

Not sure what you're referring to but... see above.

The idea that men are posting online about how women should feel about their abusers is unacceptable and disgusting. Have you ever been a victim of sexual abuse? Have you ever known one? Have you even fucking read about victims of sexual abuse? What cartoon world do you live in that you think a woman raped by a powerful man would just have a single and uniform set of feelings about it for decades?

"deep affection towards two of the three parties that would most benefit from a Biden downfall"

See above again.

What does Bernie benefit from Biden collapsing and losing to Trump? Answer this, please.

And Putin? What bad thing happens to Vlad with Biden in office? Do you genuinely think Joe is going to hammer him in some way? Is he going to make Putin's life hell? What has Putin benefited from Trump's 3+ years in office that he didn't already get for the last decade?

Answer the questions if this is anything more than liberal brain poisoning.

Part of what made Blasey-Ford so believable was that she had absolutely nothing to gain from the allegations. Reade has made it very clear that’s not the case here.

Finish your thought, what is Reade gaining? Be specific and answer the question.

But to act like all allegations are created equal and anyone who believed Blasey-Ford must treat these identically is not living in reality.

Flesh this out. Make your case.

Reade's case has 20x the detail and corroboration of Ford's.

I believe both of them. Do you?

Again, I am not saying/implying/insinuating that she is lying, I am only merely commenting on why the public perception seems to be different this time.

Right, like I said, pretending to be a pundit while actively trying to attack the story and character of a victim so you don't have to get your hands dirty.

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I'll happily discuss any of it...

"Her changing public story"

This means nothing to me with regard to sexual assault reporting.

Part of our patriarchal rape culture society is that it punishes reporters and ruins their lives. Also, it builds into young women the sense that they deserve what happens to them, that they're supposed to be treated that way, that it doesn't really matter, that it's boys-will-be-boys, that discretion is the better part of valor for victims, that their own advancement and happiness depends on their silence, etc...

The idea that a woman should tell her story loudly, publicly, perfectly, and immediately is a perpetuation of rape culture. Which Democrats are happy to do right now as it suits them. The entire point of #MeToo and #BelieveWomen was that we were going to be open-eyed and open-minded about understanding the truly insidious nature of patriarchal rape culture.

Democrats hijacked it for partisan ends. And it's unacceptable and disgusting.

"her sharp turn in opinion towards Biden"

Not sure what you're referring to but... see above.

The idea that men are posting online about how women should feel about their abusers is unacceptable and disgusting. Have you ever been a victim of sexual abuse? Have you ever known one? Have you even fucking read about victims of sexual abuse? What cartoon world do you live in that you think a woman raped by a powerful man would just have a single and uniform set of feelings about it for decades?

"deep affection towards two of the three parties that would most benefit from a Biden downfall"

See above again.

What does Bernie benefit from Biden collapsing and losing to Trump? Answer this, please.

And Putin? What bad thing happens to Vlad with Biden in office? Do you genuinely think Joe is going to hammer him in some way? Is he going to make Putin's life hell? What has Putin benefited from Trump's 3+ years in office that he didn't already get for the last decade?

Answer the questions if this is anything more than liberal brain poisoning.

Finish your thought, what is Reade gaining? Be specific and answer the question.

Flesh this out. Make your case.

Reade's case has 20x the detail and corroboration of Ford's.

I believe both of them. Do you?

Right, like I said, pretending to be a pundit while actively trying to attack the story and character of a victim so you don't have to get your hands dirty.

Guys like you routinely ruin the lives of people who accuse people of rape, or are being accused of it. Its what you do. You only do so when it suits your political purpose. Just like this one.

You want this one to be true, so you are attempting to ruin the life of a person you oppose, in this case Joe Biden.

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

No, you're just not making sense.

How do "guys like me" "routinely ruin the lives of people who accuse people of rape, or are being accused of it?" Flesh it out.

You posting here routinely attacks Biden which has the obvious attempt at supporting trump. 

You ignore accusations of rape against Trump and highlight a single unsupported accusation of rape against Biden.

You are a trump supporter who pretends to be an old time democrat who claims he has always voted dem. Nice touch. A lie of course.

So guys like you are simply here to help support your ultimate failure of a president somehow remain the president. Which won’t work but is quite annoying. 

You are a fraud. You are a trump supporter. And I will continue to point that fact out for as long as you continue to post here.

Night. 

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

You posting here routinely attacks Biden which has the obvious attempt at supporting trump. 

*looks at thread title, looks at Jimmy*

You ignore accusations of rape against Trump and highlight a single unsupported accusation of rape against Biden.

*looks at thread title, looks at Jimmy*

Depraved careerism. I hate this fucking party so much. Abrams can eat shit, she sounds EXACTLY like the Republicans did with Blasey-Ford. It's identical.

She's Susan Collins.

Abrams says the allegations need to be "investigated by credible sources".

Turns out she means the New York Times opinion page in an article by two campaign reporters. And then she misrepresents even that by saying that the Times found the allegations not credible. Which... isn't in the article at all. (Even if we think that two campaign reporters are the "credible sources" who should be used to investigate a sexual assault claim.)

This is like when companies do an internal investigation and, hey wouldn't you know it, turns out there wasn't any wrong-doing after all!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Depraved careerism. I hate this fucking party so much. Abrams can eat shit, she sounds EXACTLY like the Republicans did with Blasey-Ford. It's identical.

She's Susan Collins.

Abrams says the allegations need to be "investigated by credible sources".

Turns out she means the New York Times opinion page in an article by two campaign reporters. And then she misrepresents even that by saying that the Times found the allegations not credible. Which... isn't in the article at all. (Even if we think that two campaign reporters are the "credible sources" who should be used to investigate a sexual assault claim.)

This is like when companies do an internal investigation and, hey wouldn't you know it, turns out there wasn't any wrong-doing after all!

Wow. She's really going all in on trying to get that VP spot. That's show business, baby.

Edited by Rougarou

I’ve already posted my reasons why Abrams should stay in Georgia and work in voter turnout/registration to turn Georgia purple/blue. The other big reason is she’s 46. She will have 20 years with Pete and Beto and others, don’t do anything to permanently damage that.

20 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

The title is "Why a Liberal Democrat Supports Vladimir Putin." Below are some her reasons.  You can't make this shit up lulz...

President Putin’s genius is his judo ability to conserve his own energy and let the opponents flail, using up their energy, while he gains position.

President Putin has an alluring combination of strength with gentleness.

His sensuous image projects his love for life, the embodiment of grace while facing adversity.

President Putin’s obvious reverence for women, children and animals, and his ability with sports is intoxicating to American women.

giphy.webp

I'm not sure why you guys are going through such gymnastics.

Yesterday or maybe the day before bad_teammate opined how maybe the Dems should get together and come up with an alternative.

If it's all bullshit, sure, go ahead and fight it, Biden and company. 

But if there is any truth to it, this is the "I did not have sex with that woman, Miss Lewinski" moment.  They need to pivot now and come up with an alternative. 

I don't give a fuck what Trump did.  He's a piece of shit who shouldn't be elected.

But the dems went all in on "Me Too", and got rid of Franken,  and Biden, in a dumbshit move to me, has already promised a woman VP.  This isn't about comparing Trump's pussy grabbing to Biden's Old Man Freak.  This is about whether the Dems want to have a clean house or not.

So all the bullshit about the appropriate investigation or comparing this to B. Ford, etc. is irrelevant. 

Do the Dems have a robust internal ethics department?  Do your own investigation, make a decision, and live with it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

I'm not sure why you guys are going through such gymnastics.

Because they've convinced themselves they are morally superior to conservatives but, when faced with having to actually live up to their own moral standards, they're failing completely and unable to come to terms with it.

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden