Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

Would've been cool to run someone against Trump who would allow us to make an argument that we were offering someone significantly more coherent. Going from a potential advantage to a wash isn't good.

I think it's too late to teach Joe to be anything other than what he is, which is someone who doesn't even consider he might not be right before he starts talking. That's such an easy question to side-step if you aren't 100% sure of the dates involved.

• Fuck You 1

I was actually thinking last night that it's entirely possible that neither Trump nor Biden is on the ballot in November.

The way the writing's been so far this season, I get the feeling God is going to throw in another major plot twist.

• Like 1

I was actually thinking last night that it's entirely possible that neither Trump nor Biden is on the ballot in November.
The way the writing's been so far this season, I get the feeling God is going to throw in another major plot twist.

A boy can dream

10 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

This allegation is not just going to disappear without Biden addressing it and/or some sort of investigation. 

Yikes.

Yeah this is a problem and as much as the Democrats don’t want to admit, if we apply the Kavanaugh standard that Dems used 18 months ago (accusation = conviction with no statute of limitations) then Biden shouldn’t be the nominee.

I will vote for Joe Biden over Donald Trump. Every day and twice on Sunday. 

But Joe needs to make a statement. Further investigation - that either corroborates or disputes her allegation - is needed. 

Reading the "who cares?! Trump assaulted 30+ women!" responses from Resistance Twitter makes me sick to my stomach. 

• Like 1

JFC, 300+ million people in the U.S. and these are our options.  Like Hank said, I'll vote for Biden every fucking time over trump but, this is a really  bad look.  Really bad, because as we know, this type of shit can be brushed aside by trump.  It will stick to Biden like glue.  Fuck everything. 

• Like 1

One of Biden’s positives, maybe THE positive, is his likability but this is the sort of accusation (which now has more corroboration than the accusation against Kavanaugh) that can sink him.

Not sure what the best path forward is going to be for the Democrats but you know Parscale and the Trump campaign is going to be putting this in voters’ faces daily in the Summer and Fall.  “Lock him up” chants at Trump rallies are not out of the question.

It’s a 10 year redistricting election, that alone should get Democrats off their ass to vote Blue. If you’re a progressive pissed off about lack of nominees you identify with, you won’t get a better shot to have redrawn seats for candidates you prefer by sitting on your hands. More Dem seats to go around, the higher chance of getting a progressive in one of them.

• Like 5

People say we need to feel like voting for Biden instead of voting against Trump.
What is there to be excited about with Biden, serious question...

He’s capable of leading a 4-year project to undo the damage of the Trump admin. I’m not sure even a hard left progressive would have an agenda much different than Biden will roll out considering most time/effort will be spent unfucking us rather than implementing anything new.

So: competent leadership.
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

It’s a 10 year redistricting election, that alone should get Democrats off their ass to vote Blue. If you’re a progressive pissed off about lack of nominees you identify with, you won’t get a better shot to have redrawn seats for candidates you prefer by sitting on your hands. More Dem seats to go around, the higher chance of getting a progressive in one of them.

That’s gerrymandering, sir!

1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

Yep.  And goddammit, I'm not going to blame anyone for not bringing up these allegations when they happen.

But FUCK, bring it up when it happens!

She did bring it up when it happened, she was ignored. She talked to A LOT of people. Her family, her friends, even people in the Senate staff.

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

Not sure what the best path forward is going to be for the Democrats ...

The same path forward that would've been in the works if Bernie was leading in delegates right now. The party nomination process technically exists to make sure a problematic candidate isn't put forward to lose in the general. The machinations I was told many times would never let Bernie become the nominee even if he won delegates are still there.

It would be cool if Biden went ahead and picked someone to take his place at the top of the ticket and told all his delegates to go with them Round 1 in August. I'll take Pete, Beto, Cory, Amy, Kamala, Liz, or Bernie over him happily.

Start doing joint virtual appearances with Booker. Start talking about him like the future of the party and a natural leader or whatever. Do a Zoom show once a week from now until early June. Then, mid-June, say you're going to ask your delegates to vote Booker in Round 1 due to the "unfortunate distraction" of these allegations that we're going to "take very seriously."

(Bernie and Liz are obviously the best options (in that order), but hey.)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Lurch said:

He’s capable of leading a 4-year project to undo the damage of the Trump admin. I’m not sure even a hard left progressive would have an agenda much different than Biden will roll out considering most time/effort will be spent unfucking us rather than implementing anything new.

Hugely different. Contractor Trump breaks the foundation of the house. It was kind of a shitty foundation to begin with. Do you tell the new contractor to go back to the old, shitty design or build the new, better design?

Do we reset the circumstances for another Donald Trump or do we build an entirely new and better future.

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Hugely different. Contractor Trump breaks the foundation of the house. It was kind of a shitty foundation to begin with. Do you tell the new contractor to go back to the old, shitty design or build the new, better design?

To get the newest and best design it will take years of pricing negotiations with the contractors. Meanwhile the lot sits empty until it's sold to a new owner. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley

Do we reset the circumstances for another Donald Trump or do we build an entirely new and better future.

I share your desired end state. I don’t believe your approach is viable. You and I are committed to these goals, but many of our fellow citizens will need years/decades to come around to the same perspective. As with slavery, women’s rights, prohibition, civil rights, abortion rights, etc., time will eventually get us there. Jumping straight to the end state sounds great, but we both know it will never happen.

Be a passionate advocate for change, but be realistic in your approach to it.

Imo.

4 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

How’s your anti joe Biden campaign going now “I’m the greatest dem in history”? Making any progress on yet on getting trump re-elected or is your bullshit wiping itself on your own face?

Stop pretending that you are a dem. You are a trump supporter masquerading as some sort of old liberal dem. Go fuck yourself.

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

How’s your anti joe Biden campaign going now “I’m the greatest dem in history”? Making any progress on yet on getting trump re-elected or is your bullshit wiping itself on your own face?

Stop pretending that you are a dem. You are a trump supporter masquerading as some sort of old liberal dem. Go fuck yourself.

lol

Untitled-1.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

So not actual evidence, just trashing the accuser and reports from “close friend who wishes to remain anonymous”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So not actual evidence, just trashing the accuser and reports from “close friend who wishes to remain anonymous”

Well, the paper trail is certainly there that casts a strange light on her history and throw her credibility into question, but it's possible for someone to have complex feelings that change over time and this seems to indicate that more than it discredits the accusation, which also doesn't have much corroboration. 

it should also be noted that the Krassensteins have been described as "resistance grifters" for a reason. And again, what they've "uncovered" using google is interesting, but I see this piece as more about them and their public profile than about Biden and Tara Reade.

41 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It isn't "trashing the accuser" by informing folks of some inconsistencies in her story. And none of the below points were from anything anonymous. The article provides sources. Read the article.

- Her story changed from "his handsiness made her feel uncomfortable but wouldn't consider it sexualization" in April 2019 to "penetration" in March of 2020.

- In 2017 she praised Biden multiple times for helping stop sexual assault.

- Her story about why she left politics and DC changed from to be with husband and job opportunities (2009) to her being "sick of American imperialism and she loved Russia with all her heart (2018)" to Biden blacklisting her (2019).

- She went through an odd flip from praising Biden and bashing Putin in 2017 to praising Putin and bashing Biden in 2018.

- There is evidence to suggest a pro-Russian article she published in 2019 was written by a male and translated from Russian to English.

Edited by GW Hayduke

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

She’s endorsing him on a random Tuesday during a pandemic. Do it now instead of letting some long winded “will she/won’t she” or “will he accept/reject” narrative gets rolling.

Agreed. I don't understand why it's even a story. Who else is she going to endorse?

eh, i'm always inclined to believe these even if some of the details and the timing are a little hinky.  i think it's completely possible (if not probable) that this woman is inconsistent, unreliable, flighty, kooky, but that this also happened exactly like she says.  it's not an either/or situation.

i'm also starting to come to the conclusion that from a political-only perspective, this is better left unaddressed.  right now, it's only a credible allegation, but plenty of folks will dismiss it because it's old and it came up in the middle of a presidential cycle.  they can explain it away in their minds, and still vote biden and sleep at night (especially women, because they will win this election for him).

once biden comes out on it one way or the other, then that becomes the story.  either he's accusing a woman of lying (not a great look) or he's admitting to sexual assault (a worse look).  and yes, trump has done far worse and likely continues to do so, and yes, unfortunately that doesn't matter.  the right is going to hit him with this regardless, so i think the correct answer only in terms of how to approach this in for the 2020 general election, is to completely leave it alone.

this thing is the 3rd rail.  stay away. 

2 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

Agreed. I don't understand why it's even a story. Who else is she going to endorse?

and who else are hillary fans going to vote for?

if her endorsement means that much to you, you already like hillary enough to where you fucking hate trump with every fiber of your being.

this is a "look at me" move, nothing more.  at least it happened on a random tues in april.

24 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

eh, i'm always inclined to believe these even if some of the details and the timing are a little hinky.  i think it's completely possible (if not probable) that this woman is inconsistent, unreliable, flighty, kooky, but that this also happened exactly like she says.  it's not an either/or situation.

i'm also starting to come to the conclusion that from a political-only perspective, this is better left unaddressed.  right now, it's only a credible allegation, but plenty of folks will dismiss it because it's old and it came up in the middle of a presidential cycle.  they can explain it away in their minds, and still vote biden and sleep at night (especially women, because they will win this election for him).

once biden comes out on it one way or the other, then that becomes the story.  either he's accusing a woman of lying (not a great look) or he's admitting to sexual assault (a worse look).  and yes, trump has done far worse and likely continues to do so, and yes, unfortunately that doesn't matter.  the right is going to hit him with this regardless, so i think the correct answer only in terms of how to approach this in for the 2020 general election, is to completely leave it alone.

this thing is the 3rd rail.  stay away. 

Biden and his campaign should handle it as they feel appropriate for sure, but folks should at least be aware of the odd coincidence that after the election meddling in our prior election we now have one accusation of rape coming from someone who wrote the below article in 2019. 

https://web.archive.org/web/20190404043945/https://medium.com/@shewrites94/why-a-liberal-democrat-supports-vladimir-putin-f54ca2a3a405

Edited by GW Hayduke

"It takes enormous courage for a woman to come forward, ...millions of people watching, and relive something that happened to her, assert that something happened to her. And she should be treated with respect. she should be given the benefit of the doubt." - Biden rgd Blasey Ford

• Like 1

WaPo headline regarding Tara Reade:

"Developments in allegations against Biden amplify efforts to question his behavior"

Interpretation...

“Developments in allegations against Biden are making it more difficult for us to cover for him.” - The Washington Post

When does Tara Reade get her TIME magazine cover?

• Like 1

Blasey-Ford: "I don't know who was there, where it was, when it happened, what specifically happened, and I didn't ever really tell anyone. But indelible in the hippocampus is the fact that a Republican raped me."

Liberals:

crying-gif.gif

Reade: "Here's a clear and precise story. My mom called Larry King about it the same year it happened. Multiple people corroborate me telling them immediately afterwards. People in the Senate office remember me being hastily reassigned. I know the Democrat who raped me." (repeat for all of Clinton's rape victims)

Liberals:

tenor.gif?itemid=9032176

#MeToo

2 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

Liberal QAnon

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Blasey-Ford: "I don't know who was there, where it was, when it happened, what specifically happened, and I didn't ever really tell anyone. But indelible in the hippocampus is the fact that a Republican raped me."

Liberals:

crying-gif.gif

Reade: "Here's a clear and precise story. My mom called Larry King about it the same year it happened. Multiple people corroborate me telling them immediately afterwards. People in the Senate office remember me being hastily reassigned. I know the Democrat who raped me." (repeat for all of Clinton's rape victims)

Liberals:

tenor.gif?itemid=9032176

#MeToo

Liberal QAnon

Take a read of the article the accuser wrote in 2019.

https://web.archive.org/web/20190404043945/https://medium.com/@shewrites94/why-a-liberal-democrat-supports-vladimir-putin-f54ca2a3a405

The title is "Why a Liberal Democrat Supports Vladimir Putin." Below are some her reasons.  You can't make this shit up lulz...

President Putin’s genius is his judo ability to conserve his own energy and let the opponents flail, using up their energy, while he gains position.

President Putin has an alluring combination of strength with gentleness.

His sensuous image projects his love for life, the embodiment of grace while facing adversity.

President Putin’s obvious reverence for women, children and animals, and his ability with sports is intoxicating to American women.

Edited by GW Hayduke

On 4/27/2020 at 3:53 PM, qwertyu1234 said:

People say we need to feel like voting for Biden instead of voting against Trump.

What is there to be excited about with Biden, serious question...

If you're a stand up comedian, he gives you just as much material as Trump.  

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden