Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

1 minute ago, Hookah Horns said:

Why? Asking as someone who doesn't know anything about most of these chicks. 

She's more conservative than the other options. We don't need her in order to win Minnesota. I don't think we need her as VP to win in the Midwest. 

The only thing I like about her is she'd destroy Pence in a debate. 

5 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

The GOP, to their credit, hasn’t stopped trying in cities or blue places, and the numbers they pick up there are crucial

That’s just not true under this President. If you’re in a blue area, the GOP message from the White House and Congress is “get  fucked”. It began with taking away tax breaks and now escalated to providing ventilators (or not) based on politics. 

12 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

That’s just not true under this President. If you’re in a blue area, the GOP message from the White House and Congress is “get  fucked”. It began with taking away tax breaks and now escalated to providing ventilators (or not) based on politics. 

That’s not so. Obviously the president is a huge drag on their efforts, but they are still chopping wood at the local/state/regional level. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

5 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Duckworth, Abrams, Sinema, Harris, and Michelle and nobody else should be considered.

Sinema's senate seat is more important. Az still has a republican governor, so he'd probably nominate McSally again after Mark Kelly kicks her ass. 

This guy fucking suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

Even at his sharpest, a grandstanding, bloviating, arrogant, and stupid jingoist. Christ, this "I'M A SENATOR!" routine is vomit-inducing, and it's the entire 80s-early00s with him. Just a total shitpile until he coasted behind Obama for 8 years.

Hopefully age has taken some of that pig-headed arrogance along with some of his mental faculties. Because if this prick you see in the video still exists under the skin, you can kiss any hopes of progressive legislation and military deescalation goodbye. An absolute tyrant lives inside Joe Biden.

I'm honestly not sure if active engagement in the Biden campaign and pressure from within is the key to suppressing that inner tyrant or if withholding support and bombing him from outside the tent is the key. I honestly can't fault people taking either of those two routes. Everyone here has to choose one or the other, otherwise we are absolutely fucked.

(Social media participation doesn't count, by the way. Put in some actual work in the real world or shut the fuck up.)

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

“It’s clear there’s a new progressive foreign-policy discussion happening. Bernie has led on that, but there have been other members of Congress, such as Ro Khanna, Chris Murphy, Ilhan Omar,” said Matt Duss, Sanders’s foreign-policy advisor in the Senate and then on the campaign, citing three progressive Democratic lawmakers. “That’s something that, now as the nominee and hopefully as president, Biden will need to engage with, and I’m confident he and his team will. It’s not to say he will change his views overnight, certainly not, but at least recognition that this is a part of the new progressive coalition, a broader set of organizations and ideas about foreign policy.”

7 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

This guy fucking suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

Even at his sharpest, a grandstanding, bloviating, arrogant, and stupid jingoist. Christ, this "I'M A SENATOR!" routine is vomit-inducing, and it's the entire 80s-early00s with him. Just a total shitpile until he coasted behind Obama for 8 years.

Hopefully age has taken some of that pig-headed arrogance along with some of his mental faculties. Because if this prick you see in the video still exists under the skin, you can kiss any hopes of progressive legislation and military deescalation goodbye. An absolute tyrant lives inside Joe Biden.

I'm honestly not sure if active engagement in the Biden campaign and pressure from within is the key to suppressing that inner tyrant or if withholding support and bombing him from outside the tent is the key. I honestly can't fault people taking either of those two routes. Everyone here has to choose one or the other, otherwise we are absolutely fucked.

(Social media participation doesn't count, by the way. Put in some actual work in the real world or shut the fuck up.)

You claim to have voted for every democratic presidential candidate your entire voting life.

So are you now saying that this is the year you stop? With Donald Fucking Trump on the ballet dead set on ruining the country?

Fuck off troll. 

5 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

You claim to have voted for every democratic presidential candidate your entire voting life.

So are you now saying that this is the year you stop? With Donald Fucking Trump on the ballet dead set on ruining the country?

Fuck off troll. 

*ballot

• Fuck You 1

I realize that ad is just one piece in a larger campaign, but people need something to vote for, not just something to vote against. Hillary's 2016 campaign was essentially, "Look how horrible Trump is! THIS IS NOT WHAT AMERICA IS ABOUT!" and she got wrecked.

The argument is extremely popular here that negative mobilization will work this time, but that knife cuts both directions. The 2018 mid-terms were the high-point of the #Resistance turnout and we saw Republican turnout boom beside the Democratic boom (which was bigger). Republican turnout is going to be full throttle. None of those freaks are staying home.

I'm seeing way too many Biden ads with zero Joe Biden. I know there's good reason to keep him hidden, but we need a fucking leader. The people need a central figure to look at and say, "THAT is the guy who is going to fix shit."

If Joe is incapable of being that guy, the Democrats need to replace him. And if he can't be that guy right now, when the fuck will he ever be?

• Fuck You 1

17 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Twitter Dems love to call every damn Biden ad "one of the best I've seen". It's really weird. 

Personally, I think it kinda sucks. But I guess it just needs to be effective. 

I am not surprised at your response. 

I realize that ad is just one piece in a larger campaign, but people need something to vote for, not just something to vote against.

I know you disagree that “normalcy” is worth returning to, but I can assure you that a “return to normalcy” is something that a fuckton of Americans will vote for.

The poll numbers that are coming out right now are historically bad for an incumbent, especially one in the middle of a typical “rally behind the flag” moment. It would be malpractice for a campaign NOT to capitalize on that.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I know you disagree that “normalcy” is worth returning to, but I can assure you that a “return to normalcy” is something that a fuckton of Americans will vote for.

Even if that's the case, Biden needs to be able to sell that in some appreciable way. He needs to explain what normal is and then demonstrate how he is a return to it. If "normal" just means Obama, then he needs to become more Obama-like. Which he isn't right now.

I think whether or not he personally wins isn't as dependent as downballot stuff. Biden could win with zero coattails, that's better than losing, but worse than what's possible.

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I like how you've attributed 2018 to the progressive movement even though basically every single legislature flip from red to blue was a moderate candidate, b_t. That's peak you right there.

I like how your functional illiteracy makes you want to start arguments.

(I never said this. Quote me.)

• Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

SCARY CHINA

i mean, joe biden is in the ad, from a fairly recent clip, sounding strong and coherent.  and there's pulled quotes from his usa today op-ed or whatever.  these current ads are in place to combat the daily bullshit briefings, and i think they're doing that.  biden will have to be present in the campaign, but these ads contain the proper amount of biden i think, to be effective for now.

i think biden also understands that there are plenty of people right now in the "voting against" camp.  he'll have time to make them "pro-joe" but right now they're largely "anyone but trump".  we're kind of in uncharted waters right now, since there are no public appearances, speeches, rallies, etc - on both sides.  not much to pull from.

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden