[Surly Official Firing Squad] Get David Pierce The Fuck Outta Here

Yama Yak Yachtzi

12 minutes ago, Balcones said:

Same spot in the conference as the 2005 Texas baseball team.

Paul Harvey... "And now the rest of the story"

Spoiler

2005 team 41-11 thru May 14th ranked #4

2024 team currently 32-20 ranked #25

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

He will be judged on the postseason results this year. He has done enough in the regular season, and to be honest it was against all odds, since this team looked primed to crash and burn a few weeks back. 

Hes quite literally the one who stacked the odds against himself lol

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

He will be judged on the postseason results this year. He has done enough in the regular season, and to be honest it was against all odds, since this team looked primed to crash and burn a few weeks back. 

I agree. And to be clear, "postseason results" = NCAA Tournament, not the B12 tourney. 

Go on a tear and win the B12 tourney + 1-2 in a Regional = GONE.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, Balcones said:

Same spot in the conference as the 2005 Texas baseball team.

The 2024 Big 12 is not comparable to any historical version of the conference. Tech, TCU, BU are as bad as they've been in a decade. 4 bottom feeders were added that do nothing but dilute quality and provide what should be free sweeps. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

The 2024 Big 12 is not comparable to any historical version of the conference. Tech, TCU, BU are as bad as they've been in a decade. 4 bottom feeders were added that do nothing but dilute quality and provide what should be free sweeps. 

TCUs and Techs non conference records are solid.  UCF has a rather high RPI because of their non-conference work.  Adding 6 conference games adds an element of difficulty.

The conference isn’t comparable to any previous version but it’s still 3rd in the RPI.  Looking at scores and records, I think there’s more volatility than ever.

There are several oddities about this year.  The two finalists from last year are getting knocked around in conference.  Stanford, Miami are not doing well.  Hitting dominating pitching for the most part.

Its an odd year.

8 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

B12 tourney is irrelevant. 

Next weekend matters.

This is such bulllshit. We had a chance to improve our seeding and fell flat on our face. We lost to fucking Tech and Cincy. Fire this motherfucker yesterday. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, b_p said:

This is such bulllshit. We had a chance to improve our seeding and fell flat on our face. We lost to fucking Tech and Cincy. Fire this motherfucker yesterday. 

We did not, and where we get sent is going to have nothing to do with going 2 and Q in Arlington

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Wrong

No you just don’t understand how the NCAA selection committee puts together these regionals but that is okay. 

If you think the committee members are sitting on a couch saying “oh now we are sending them to Fayetteville or College Station” as punishment for going 0-2 in a conference tournament, that is certainly your prerogative. 

Should have sent us to Fayetteville last year as punishment as well I guess

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, chase25 said:

No you just don’t understand how the NCAA selection committee puts together these regionals but that is okay. 

If you think the committee members are sitting on a couch saying “oh now we are sending them to Fayetteville or College Station” as punishment for going 0-2 in a conference tournament, that is certainly your prerogative. 

They’re looking at a shit big 12, a team the blew games vs directional schools, and finished 3rd in regular season conference. You think we’re going to get a favorable region with shit performance in the tourney is laughable. 

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

They’re looking at a shit big 12, a team the blew games vs directional schools, and finished 3rd in regular season conference. You think we’re going to get a favorable region with shit performance in the tourney is laughable. 

I didn’t say we were going to get a favorable regional. What I’m telling you which you can’t seem to grasp is the conference tournament has little bearing on where any team gets sent if any.

Last year TCU won the conference tournament and had to go take out #3 national seed Arkansas along with Arizona. Why wasn’t that us? Why did we get to go play an overrated Miami team with no pitching and the Rajun Cajuns? Your answer is probably as good as mine

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, chase25 said:

I didn’t say we were going to get a favorable regional. What I’m telling you which you can’t seem to grasp is the conference tournament has little bearing on where any team gets sent if any.

Last year TCU won the conference tournament and had to go take out #3 national seed Arkansas along with Arizona. Why wasn’t that us? Why did we get to go play an overrated Miami team with no pitching and the Rajun Cajuns? Your answer is probably as good as mine

Sure thing chief. Keep telling yourself shit like that so you can inhale the cope as to why we fucking suck. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Sure thing chief. Keep telling yourself shit like that so you can inhale the cope as to why we fucking suck. 

You are the only one coping, by trying to see into things that aren’t there. I’m just telling you like it is. We are an average baseball team. We showed that over 56 games this regular season. Nobody putting together a 64 team field this year is looking to punish us over a shitty conference tournament. We will likely get punished over the 8 Q4 losses 

Edited by chase25
  • Hook 'Em 4

I'm just not sure Pierce can recruit well enough against the big boys in the NIL world. He's an OK coach that is going to need high quality pitching to get to the promised land.  I don't think he  has what it takes TBH.

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, chase25 said:

You are the only one coping, by trying to see into things that aren’t there. I’m just telling you like it is. We are an average baseball team. We showed that over 56 games this regular season. Nobody putting together a 64 team field this year is looking to punish us over a shitty conference tournament. We will likely get punished over the 8 Q4 losses 

And I’m saying you’re a pussy ass defeatist saying tournament doesn’t matter and it’s not a big deal. It’s fucking pathetic that people like you and others in the fan base have this dog shit loser ass opinion.

I think the selection committee especially if we are Big 12 conference tournament champions see it a bit different 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

And I’m saying you’re a pussy ass defeatist saying tournament doesn’t matter and it’s not a big deal. It’s fucking pathetic that people like you and others in the fan base have this dog shit loser ass opinion.

I think the selection committee especially if we are Big 12 conference tournament champions see it a bit different 

You just don’t understand the difference between something not mattering and actively trying to lose. Texas played like shit for 2 days in a tournament that had no bearing on their seeding. If you want to lose your shit and have a meltdown over it, again that is your right. 

Losing sucks in anything, but I and many others on this board that don’t meltdown after ever loss, understand that it is baseball. Whether we won this tournament or did what we just did, was going to have no bearing on our seeding or how we will play next week. If we didn’t have 8 Q4 losses I would agree with you more. All you have to do is go look at past tournaments to see that conference tournaments for the most part don’t matter. 1-16 are based on merit, the rest of the field is a numbers game pieced together by regional proximity 

If anyone in here is a pussy it’s you, losing your shit over 18-22 year olds losing a game and thinking you demanding excellence from a keyboard has any bearing on the outcome

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, chase25 said:

You just don’t understand the difference between something not mattering and actively trying to lose. Texas played like shit for 2 days in a tournament that had no bearing on their seeding. If you want to lose your shit and have a meltdown over it, again that is your right. 

Losing sucks in anything, but I and many others on this board that don’t meltdown after ever loss, understand that it is baseball. Whether we won this tournament or did what we just did, was going to have no bearing on our seeding or how we will play next week. If we didn’t have 8 Q4 losses I would agree with you more. All you have to do is go look at past tournaments to see that conference tournaments for the most part don’t matter. 1-16 are based on merit, the rest of the field is a numbers game pieced together by regional proximity 

If anyone in here is a pussy it’s you, losing your shit over 18-22 year olds losing a game and thinking you demanding excellence from a keyboard has any bearing on the outcome

You don’t understand that you sound like a pussy 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I'm just not sure Pierce can recruit well enough against the big boys in the NIL world. He's an OK coach that is going to need high quality pitching to get to the promised land.  I don't think he  has what it takes TBH.

So you mean he’s an ok coach that made himself the pitching coach on a team that actually regressed and mostly sucked once he took over, and he also pisses off donors to the point that they’re no longer watching games, and we’re moving to the SEC where we likely would be 5th or 6th best… in the west?  This motherfucker should be gone tonight 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You don’t understand that you sound like a pussy 

I believe this is the part where you realize you have made a dumbass out of yourself, have a good night dude

6 minutes ago, b_p said:

So you mean he’s an ok coach that made himself the pitching coach on a team that actually regressed and mostly sucked once he took over, and he also pisses off donors to the point that they’re no longer watching games, and we’re moving to the SEC where we likely would be 5th or 6th best… in the west?  This motherfucker should be gone tonight 

The guy has made Omaha 3 times so I'm good with calling him an OK Coach for Texas.  I'm not gonna be upset at all if he gets fired.  we can do better...but we're Texas so get ready to roll into the SEC.

Should he be let go? Yes.  He’s proven to be an ok coach. UT should never have an OK coach at the helm in baseball. Time to move on. 

Will he be let go? If we go 0-2 in a regional, I think it’s likely he is gone. If we pull some crazy shit like we did last year, he might keep his job. 

• Rage+1 1

This thread is awesome. Wish I caught a buzz tonight and could pile on with the sky is falling crowd. Been sick as shit all day so I slept through the game. Keep receipts boys. We will see what happens in the tourney.

2 hours ago, chase25 said:

Both have suitable Airports we can fire him at.    Well, I guess we'd bus it to Collie Station.   The parking lot outside the Cowbell Park will be ok then,

2 hours ago, chase25 said:

Yeah. As miserable and disappointing it was to leave the Big 12 in that fashion it probably won't matter when it comes to where we end up in the tournament.

Hopefully we do better next week.

Look, I am no fan of David Pierce and think we are better off with a new hire. But it is insanely laughable to see all you jagoffs losing your mind over the fucking big 12 conference tournament like it really means anything. We are one week away from a sink or swim test for this team and you all are on here clamoring for DP to be fired because we flamed out in a meaningless tourney? Just wait a fucking week and let's see how things play out when the rubber meets the road in the regionals. Chill the fuck out.  

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

But it is insanely laughable to see all you jagoffs losing your mind over the fucking big 12 conference tournament like it really means anything. 

Dude I don't give a goddamn what you think anything means. I want Texas Baseball to be about excellence and winning championships, not losing in humiliating fashion to shitty programs like Tech and Cincinnati.

But hey, whatever, win a Regional and all is forgiven.  But color me skeptical we are going to do much better than go 1-2. But we'll see.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Dude I don't give a goddamn what you think anything means. I want Texas Baseball to be about excellence and winning championships, not losing in humiliating fashion to shitty programs like Tech and Cincinnati.

But hey, whatever, win a Regional and all is forgiven.  But color me skeptical we are going to do much better than go 1-2. But we'll see.

The entire SEC 1-4 seeds just lost to their first round opponents. Shit happens. Focus on next week. 

3 hours ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

The entire SEC 1-4 seeds just lost to their first round opponents. Shit happens. Focus on next week. 

The sec is quite literally good at baseball all around so it’s understandable if you drop one vs good competition in the tournament. . We lost to fucking shitty tech and shitty Cincy.