Clever teenage Ohians cook up urine/splooge crepes for teachers

Beau Vine

IIRC, this is/was Zach Smith's residence.

POWELL — Charges could be filed against at least two Olentangy Local middle school students who shared video of themselves claiming to put bodily fluids into food eaten by several teachers.

The incident took place Thursday at Hyatts Middle School, where a home economics class had prepared crepes for teachers to judge as part of a year-end project.

“One student filmed some of it, and the video made its way around the school and fortunately to school administrators,” said Tracy Whited, Delaware County sheriff’s office spokeswoman.

At least five victims have been identified as either teachers or staff members, and authorities are questioning eight students.

The video was found after the food had been eaten and administrators immediately contacted a school resource officer. The video reportedly describes, or shows, both urine and semen being added to the crepes.

Whited said a forensic analysis of evidence will be conducted. She declined to give details. “The only way we’ll really know (what happened) is to get lab results,” she said.

Whited said those responsible could face delinquency charges, including assault with a bodily substance.

On Monday afternoon, school officials ordered journalists off school property, even after classes were dismissed.

Teachers said they were told not to speak about the issue.

The district issued this statement: “Leadership and local law enforcement are conducting a thorough investigation into this incident, and anyone found in violation of school policies will be held accountable for their actions. We are also focusing our efforts to support the teachers impacted by this incident.”

Jake Vance, 22, who lives in the Kinsale Village community adjacent to the school, said he was shocked by the news of the incident.

“I’m honestly just appalled that kids have to resort to this to get social media attention,” he said. “I can’t think of anything even remotely close to this when I went to middle school.”

dnarciso@dispatch.com

@DeanNarciso

16 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Was it not food grade urine and semen or something?

unless it was somehow harmful, those are just exotic ingredients. People consume those things every day, usually knowingly. 

So...  you swallow,huh? 

PM sent. 

2 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Odds are high that any given Ohio teen will eventually become a middle-aged Florida Man, wandering the parking lot wearing one flip-flop, screaming at the crickets.

A Florida Man? There is only one Florida Man. It is a single being, a collective of Floridaness. You do not become a Florida Man, you assimilate into the Florida Man, Floridaing around Florida doing Florida Man things. 

Unless you meant a middle-aged Florida man, but judging by the cricket screaming description I think I inferred correctly the point you were getting across. 

• Like 1