Austin Homeless Free for All Ordinance

rage-a-holic

Guest Lobo
2 minutes ago, hornian said:

Yes, but, but........uh....you see.........this poll only takes into account households with more than two Republicans and other things.....of that nature.  

Dorthy Mantooth is a Saint, you hear me?  She's a saint! 

its nice that folks don't want their city to look like a shitshow.

the next battle will be - OK then we need 500M to clean it up because a 100M won't do it and to that I say "fuck you, figure out what you want to pay for from what you have grifters."

Guest Lobo

^

For sure.  Adler's backup grift, knowing this would probably pass, is gonna make the rest of his attempts look honorable.  

Still holding at 52% in, but some cursory notes.........no on strong mayor, no on new district, yes on Fireman's 'A', no on city council giving our money back to us to give back to them (shocker), yes on Mayor in presidential years, police oversight one... all about 60-40 (or higher) right now.  give or take.  Ranked voting is neck and neck 51-49 right now.  

Edited by Lobo

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

^

For sure.  Adler's backup grift, knowing this would probably pass, is gonna make the rest of his attempts look honorable.  

this was actually part of Casar's plan(which dickless was more than willing to go along with).  Casar doesn't even care that it passed.  the next step in his plan is to get a bunch more taxpayer money to redistribute to cronies, while "solving" the problem.  just wait.

there is no one to stop them and there will be some new bond thing show up next time which people will vote for in the guise of helping the homeless, because they don't understand money doesn't grow on trees.

but for now I will take the win and hope they don't stop the clean up at 45th street/Alters house

47 minutes ago, ftf82 said:

Only early votes are in now.  But it’s over 

Not so fast!

DeBeauvoir is pretty efficient at finding “missing” ballot boxes in the wee hours of the morning. It’s an Austin/Travis County tradition.

Guest Lobo

$50 says Adler hires Peter Navarro tomorrow morning to claim the election was stolen and Prop B was supposed to lose.  I take the $50 you give me and I pay a homeless guy to shit in both of their mouths so decent people can get back to living well.  

Edited by Lobo

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

$50 says Adler hires Peter Navarro tomorrow morning to claim the election was stolen and Prop B was supposed to lose.  I take the $50 you give me and I pay a homeless guy to shit in both of their mouths so decent people can get back to living well.  

Usually you pay double for that kind of action, Cotton

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Probably should take this to CR, but why?

yeah its CR and/or different thread topic.  just not a fan as a conservative. (ballot exhaustion is an issue).  I'm good with the runoff process.  My somewhat uneducated guess is that it will favor democrats/liberal candidates more often than not and they generally like it because no need to get people to the polls twice. that said I haven't studied it heavily.

have to admit the Perot/Bush/Clinton election could have been wild.  3 man enter, 1 man leave!

14 minutes ago, Lobo said:

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

yeah its CR and/or different thread topic.  just not a fan as a conservative. (ballot exhaustion is an issue).  

Huh? If you researched the candidates, you can rank them, at least to a degree. Research is more exhausting than straight ticket, yes

On 4/30/2021 at 11:35 AM, MissingInAction said:

Were there some kind of final solution......

Too soon?

Sounds like A Modest Proposal 

On 4/30/2021 at 8:12 PM, smoky said:

Nothing surprises me. This town was able to convince a large amount of voters that Uber/ Lyft drivers would rape you, and cabbies wouldn't, simply because they'd been background checked.

Interestingly, the pro-B coalition is demographically almost identical to the anti-Uber coalition. 

Just now, Bozo_Casanova said:

Interestingly, the pro-B coalition is demographically almost identical to the anti-Uber coalition. 

pro B meaning they want camping or don't want camping?

I don't know any folks that didn't want uber/lyft.  

Just now, dcar00 said:

pro B meaning they want camping or don't want camping?

I don't know any folks that didn't want uber/lyft.  

pro B means they don’t want camping. 

My 18 year old daughter this evening: “I don’t know anyone who voted for Prop B”

UT Dems in 2008: “I don’t know anyone who voted for Larry Joe Doherty.”

Leadership Austin Techbros and ANTIFA types right now:  “I don’t know anyone who didn’t vote for strong mayor.”

Guest Lobo
4 minutes ago, Chet Steadman said:

The Uber/Lyft ban was one of the most embarrassing things this city ever voted for.  

It’s been five years and I still can’t wrap my head around that one

Ann Kitchen, "A lot of women ask me, as a councilwoman, what's the hardest part about getting a ride home in Austin?  Like what would you say would be a likely answer ma'am?"  

Town Hall Female Attendee, "Uhhh........."

Ann Kitchen, "Well it's the RAPE!"  

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Ann Kitchen, "A lot of women ask me, as a councilwoman, what's the hardest part about getting a ride home in Austin?  Like what would you say would be a likely answer ma'am?"  

Town Hall Female Attendee, "Uhhh........."

Ann Kitchen, "Well it's the RAPE!"  

images.jpeg

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

Likely not legal, first time it’s utilized the loser is going to sue and it’s going to go to court.

Right. This prop was a waste of time

At least for the foreseeable future

Shall the City Charter be amended to provide for the use of ranked choice voting in city elections, if such voting is permitted by state law?”

Going to be a long time, if ever, before ranked choice is permitted by state law

Edited by UTexasFight

38 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Interested... Cite your source?

32 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

My 18 year old daughter this evening: “I don’t know anyone who voted for Prop B”

18 year olds don't know shit about shit

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, B00M said:

18 year olds don't know shit about shit

48 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

UT Dems in 2008: “I don’t know anyone who voted for Larry Joe Doherty.”

Leadership Austin Techbros and ANTIFA types right now:  “I don’t know anyone who didn’t vote for strong mayor.”

I would think people who don't want camping would want uber/lyft.  strange.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I would think people who don't want camping would want uber/lyft.  strange.

I think people are motivated by what they value- for them it’s the instinct to preserve what’s left of the Austin they used to know- shorter lines, less traffic, lower taxes, and none of this new stuff. Uber is new. Modern farmhouses in their neighborhood are new. People moving in are new. Homeless on the sidewalk is new.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I think people are motivated by what they value- for them it’s the instinct to preserve what’s left of the Austin they used to know- shorter lines, less traffic, lower taxes, and none of this new stuff. Uber is new. Modern farmhouses in their neighborhood are new. People moving in are new. Homeless on the sidewalk is new.

I get that but Uber/Lyft save you money(value) and you don't have to use it if you don't want to.  lower taxes?  more people should actually mean the same taxes or lower(if your city is run by sane people).

Modern farmhouses? I'm out of the loop on this one - are you talking mcMansions?

Guest Lobo

80% in now on all props.  Everything going according to pragmatic logic.  So yeah---against most of what council wanted.  Only nailbiter is gonna be ranked voting is ranked voting and that's starting to get real separation, probably goes 54-46 for it.  

I gotta wait up tonight for our two school board seats.  It's four people I wouldn't let shit in my homeless camp, but it's 2021 and here we are...gotta pretend we enjoy the company of two of the fuckcunts.

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

80% in now on all props.  Everything going according to pragmatic logic.  So yeah---against most of what council wanted.  Only nailbiter is gonna be ranked voting is ranked voting and that's starting to get real separation, probably goes 54-46 for it.  

I gotta wait up tonight for our two school board seats.  It's four people I wouldn't let shit in my homeless camp, but it's 2021 and here we are...gotta pretend we enjoy the company of two of the fuckcunts.

Ranked voting is another wacko idea. Good night so far.

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

the interesting one is the king mayor,  if you are conservative the only chance you have of the city leaning somewhat conservative is a strong mayor that might be down the middle but on principle you are more for distributed/diluted power.

Guest Lobo

Fair point, my only pushback is that I would have been find with a strong mayor with Watson, Wynn, and Leffingwell.  But only with the benefit of hindsight and comparison.  Now that Stevie Shitbag Adler is in office, I'd like a mayor who is as weak as possible.  Not like in the way that Steve Adler is actually mentally, physically, spiritually, politically, and ethically weak.  But like weak, weak.  You know what?  It should be called the Mayor Adler rule?  For spineless, corrupt cowards who don't want to have to battle City Council.  Also he's an immoral fuckbag who I hope rots in jail.

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Fair point, my only pushback is that I would have been find with a strong mayor with Watson, Wynn, and Leffingwell.  But only with the benefit of hindsight and comparison.  Now that Stevie Shitbag Adler is in office, I'd like a mayor who is as weak as possible.  Not like in the way that Steve Adler is actually mentally, physically, spiritually, politically, and ethically weak.  But like weak, weak.  You know what?  It should be called the Mayor Adler rule?  For spineless, corrupt cowards who don't want to have to battle City Council.  Also he's an immoral fuckbag who I hope rots in jail.

The super defeat of the Strong Mayor is a complete referendum on Adler.  If we still had Leffingwell it may not have passed, but it would have been a lot closer.

• Hook 'Em 1

Guest Lobo

Good point.   I just know for a fact thst adler had a moneymaking backup plan set to roll shortly.  Watson was too ethical to do that.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

sure, agree but to your point a more moderate mayor even if not legally strong could help to reign in some of the ultra liberal council members potentially.

Guest Lobo

Yep.  This whole thing is just clouded by the fact that we’re dealing with the holy trinity of shitty mayors:

shitty 

stupid

Corrupt 

in another life, we could Have all entertained a proper discussion.  Now we just need to figure out which prison to watch him die in.  

It’s funny to me that Lobo and Wally and the rest of y’all think that someone who puts out a statement this clueless is some kind of mastermind. Let’s all read this and laugh.

For Immediate Release
May 1, 2021
Release: Mayor Steve Adler Responds to
Austin Voters Concerning Proposition B
AUSTIN, Texas  Saturday, May 1 Austin residents voted on Proposition B that would criminalize camping in public areas and force those in our community experiencing unsheltered homelessness to hide in the shadows or face fines and possible jail. The race has not yet been called.  The campaign and the vote, on both sides, have to be seen as an expression of the popular will to end tenting.

Austin Mayor Steve Adler said the following:

“We anticipate the result to get closer. If it passes it will go into effect on May 11, once the election is certified.

“One thing seems pretty clear, people on both sides of this issue want to see public camping end. This election underscores that we need to accelerate and scale a solution to end camping.

“Our next step is to get people out of tents and into better, safer places with the critical services needed to keep them out of tents.

“We must pool our resources to get our unhoused residents into homes, and that will take the whole community rallying together to commit to this cause.

“Austin has a real opportunity to lead nationally on homelessness if we band together. I am committed to getting our residents out of tents. I will continue to work with my colleagues and our Summit partners to house 3,000 people in the next three years and accelerate moving people out of encampments and into better, safer places. We can do this if we commit to this cause.”

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

It’s funny to me that Lobo and Wally and the rest of y’all think that someone who puts out a statement this clueless is some kind of mastermind. Let’s all read this and laugh.

For Immediate Release
May 1, 2021
Release: Mayor Steve Adler Responds to
Austin Voters Concerning Proposition B
AUSTIN, Texas  Saturday, May 1 Austin residents voted on Proposition B that would criminalize camping in public areas and force those in our community experiencing unsheltered homelessness to hide in the shadows or face fines and possible jail. The race has not yet been called.  The campaign and the vote, on both sides, have to be seen as an expression of the popular will to end tenting.

Austin Mayor Steve Adler said the following:

“We anticipate the result to get closer. If it passes it will go into effect on May 11, once the election is certified.

“One thing seems pretty clear, people on both sides of this issue want to see public camping end. This election underscores that we need to accelerate and scale a solution to end camping.

“Our next step is to get people out of tents and into better, safer places with the critical services needed to keep them out of tents.

“We must pool our resources to get our unhoused residents into homes, and that will take the whole community rallying together to commit to this cause.

“Austin has a real opportunity to lead nationally on homelessness if we band together. I am committed to getting our residents out of tents. I will continue to work with my colleagues and our Summit partners to house 3,000 people in the next three years and accelerate moving people out of encampments and into better, safer places. We can do this if we commit to this cause.”

he's an idiot and in real estate.  you can be both and grift.  its not difficult.

edit but yes we can laugh heartily at the idiocy.  casar is the real mastermind.  bonehead is along for the ride and only concerned with the grift.

Edited by dcar00
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

casar is the real mastermind.  

Hold up.

Greg Casar is a good human being and an absolutely fantastic advocate for his until-recently-extremely-neglected district who worked, no bullshit, 20 hours a day  making sure people here had water, food, and heating during our march ice storm while the heroes of your party (including, IIRC, the guy you voted for in the 2016 primary) fled to Cancun and blamed AOC for their failures to force power plants to winterize. While he was out distributing blankets and  rounding up canned goods your team was on twitter. He is also a 31 year old DSA leader who isn't the mayor of anything. You people with your conspiracy bullshit crack me up. Greg Casar wants to decriminalize almost everything that isn't violence. Whatever it is he's doing, he comes by it honestly. If Adler deferred to him, that was Adler's mistake, not Casar's for taking him up on it. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Hold up.

Greg Casar is a good human being and an absolutely fantastic advocate for his until-recently-extremely-neglected district who worked, no bullshit, 20 hours a day  making sure people here had water, food, and heating during our march ice storm while the heroes of your party (including, IIRC, the guy you voted for in the 2016 primary) fled to Cancun and blamed AOC for their failures to force power plants to winterize. While he was out distributing blankets and  rounding up canned goods your team was on twitter. He is also a 31 year old DSA leader who isn't the mayor of anything. You people with your conspiracy bullshit crack me up. Greg Casar wants to decriminalize almost everything that isn't violence. Whatever it is he's doing, he comes by it honestly. 

Casar is the prototypical central casting "community organizer" who has never done a thing other than activism.  I don't trust Wikipedia, but this looks pretty accurate about him from what I've read:   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Casar

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Hold up.

Greg Casar is a good human being and an absolutely fantastic advocate for his until-recently-extremely-neglected district who worked, no bullshit, 20 hours a day  making sure people here had water, food, and heating during our march ice storm while the heroes of your party (including, IIRC, the guy you voted for in the 2016 primary) fled to Cancun and blamed AOC for their failures to force power plants to winterize. While he was out distributing blankets and  rounding up canned goods your team was on twitter. He is also a 31 year old DSA leader who isn't the mayor of anything. You people with your conspiracy bullshit crack me up. Greg Casar wants to decriminalize almost everything that isn't violence. Whatever it is he's doing, he comes by it honestly. If Adler deferred to him, that was Adler's mistake, not Casar's for taking him up on it. 

yes Casar is the mastermind behind the camping fiasco and a socialist/communist.

edit and its fine if you support him.  I don't. but he's not my councilman so it doesn't really matter.

Edited by dcar00