impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

I believe they know-I also believe  it is to have the appearance that ‘Deep State’ or rogue employees were subverting the President’s foreign policy and place them in the viewer’s mind (on Fox) that they are traitors. That’s how they’ll get around Vindman’s military bona fides and William’s testimony. 

It’s all for Fox and the irony of Rudy being rogue and unregistered as a foreign agent is never stated. 

On 11/8/2019 at 4:19 PM, Tuco said:

FYI, this is a pretty good article on Solomon and the Hill. 

ProPublica

The Hill probably deserves its own thread, but here is another article that discusses the cozy relationship its owner has with Trump and Giuliani, and how he pushed to elevate Solomon. The Hill isn't going to change with Solomon's departure. To keep it topical, here is a Vindman quote:

One, Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, said of one of Solomon's stories, "I think all the key elements were false." Pressed further on the matter by Rep. Lee Zeldin, a New York Republican, Vindman said, "I haven't looked at the article in quite some time, but you know, his grammar might have been right." 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He’s an active-duty member of the armed services.  He’s probably supposed to wear it.  

And regardless, he's earned it.  If wants to wear it to pick up chicks, cool.  If he wants to wear it to get bumped to first class on airplaines, cool. And if he wants to wear it to impeach the President, that's cool too.  He's earned it, Admiral Bonespurs. 

• Like 8

Wait . . . Donald Trump wants us to believe he doesn't know who Bill Taylor is, when in fact he appointed Taylor to be the Ambassador to Ukraine after recalling Marie Yavonovich from that same post?  

Is that what he's saying?

Gaslight much?  Words do not suffice in illuminating how much I hate our President.

In all seriousness, Jordan is so obviously one of the worst human beings to hold public office currently in this country.  The perfect mix of loud, stupid, and immoral.  

Vindman corrects Jordan's misinterpretation of events, and Jordan has the fucking gall to have a "ooohhhhh so THAT'S how it all went down" tone.  Piece of shit.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, FondrenRoad said:

Man, Jim Jordan has a punchable face and demeanor. How does he even have conversations with anyone without it turning into a fistfight?

Well, there is the fact that he could probably beat the shit out of 95% of the people he meets.  He's a scumbag, but I'm not starting shit with a former national champion caliber wrestler. 

1 minute ago, Tuco said:

Well, there is the fact that he could probably beat the shit out of 95% of the people he meets.  He's a scumbag, but I'm not starting shit with a former national champion caliber wrestler. 

Simple.  Just knock his ass out before he gets a hold of you.  But, yeah, if a wrestler gets a non wrestler in a hold, the non wrestler is fucked. 

2 minutes ago, Tuco said:

He's 55. Wait another 5 or 10 years then. Plus that is what bar stools are for in the first place. They are the great equalizer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

I'll take synonyms for $500 Alex.

1 hour ago, Horn Dog said:

Ratcliffe-  Sure there was an offer of exchange of something of value in exchange for something else, but bribery?  Come on!

"First they said it was a Psittaciformes, then they said it was a Macaw...and NOW they're calling it a parrot.  I mean come on!"

49 minutes ago, Tuco said:

And regardless, he's earned it.  If wants to wear it to pick up chicks, cool.  If he wants to wear it to get bumped to first class on airplaines, cool. And if he wants to wear it to impeach the President, that's cool too.  He's earned it, Admiral cadet Bonespurs. 

fify.

• Like 1