USMNT 2018

Ted Lange

We’re playing something close to Brazil’s 1’s.  

What im seeing is a US side that is without a doubt physicality superior to Brazil. 

Our athletes are flat better, but our footballers are not.

We’ve been begging for this youth to play and now they are.  Considering who they’re playing, I’ll motherfucking take it.

Edited by GlenFromTheMailRoom
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

We’re playing something close to Brazil’s 1’s.  

What im seeing is a US side that is without a doubt physicality superior to Brazil. 

Our athletes are flat better, but our footballers are not.

We’ve been begging for this youth to play and now they are.  Considering who they’re playing, I’ll motherfucking take it.

disagree

we're physically superior to Mexico, but Brazil has both technical and athletic superiority

They were talking on the broadcast about adding veterans back to the team now that the young guys have a little experience and a little success. I’ve always liked Wood and thought he did ok with these guys. Pulisec is a given.

They specifically mentioned Bradley and Altidore. I personally don’t want Bradly anywhere near this team.  Altidore I’m not sure about. I seem to remember questioning his effort quite a bit and I’m fine without him.

Edited by Billy Pilgrim

Spacing sucks.  3 passes within 5 yards along the sideline doesn't work unless you're Spain.

Saracen seems like a nice guy and all, but this formation sucks ass.  Why play a 4-1 in the back with Trapp?  Makes no sense whatsoever and is why Mexico gets the ball going into our 1/3 with absolutely no pressure.

Right footed left back.  Bad.

Acosta as a right mid.  Bad.

Zardes as the lone striker.  Bad.

I'm also not impressed with the physical (lack of) play.  I've seen our players go for 50/50 balls several times with their backs turned while the Mexican players go all out.  Stop gdamn stabbing and either win the ball or knock someone the F down.

Really like Steffen.

• Like 1