Robbery 101: Don't put your gun down to pick up the money

Dennis Taylor

https://abc13.com/robbery-suspect-gets-shot-in-face-at-fireworks-stand-with-own-gun/5379142/

HARRIS COUNTY, Texas (KTRK) -- A 19-year-old who attempted to rob a fireworks stand in north Harris County ended up getting shot in the face with his own gun by one of the stand's employees, according to deputies.

According to the Harris County Sheriff's Office, the suspect approached the stand and began demanding money.

They say an employee went to grab cash and placed it on the counter. The suspect placed the gun down and tried to pick up the cash.

That's when deputies say the employee picked up the gun and shot him in the face.

dumb antoine dodson GIF

• Like 8

One of my favorite scenes in Hell or High Water is when the older brother talks shit after having almost been shot in a previous robbery, "  Oh you remembered the( other guy's) gun this time"

As for real life thieves pulling guns on folks...fuck them.  Whatever happens to them cannot be bad enough.

Edited by slorch

22 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So...will there be any legal repercussions from anyone (thief) saying that once the gun changed hands there was no longer reason to fear for your life so the shooting isn’t justified?

"I didn't know how many more guns this guy had on him!  He threatened to kill me, I saw a way out, and I took it."

Also, doesn't King of the Castle law apply to businesses?

Also, fuck that guy.

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

"I didn't know how many more guns this guy had on him!  He threatened to kill me, I saw a way out, and I took it."

Also, doesn't King of the Castle law apply to businesses?

Also, fuck that guy.

Correct. But one never knows about juries.

I don't care what Cartman says, employee shoulda shot him in the dick.

That way, he still looks like an idiot piece of shit asshole, no longer has a dick, and still has to go to prison.

EDIT:  I just assumed he died after being shot in the face.  Sounds he like he didn't.  Yet.

Edited by Augustus

If the story happened as described. Wow. Quick, cool move by the employee. He didn't need to shoot the guy, but I won't quibble about that. The guy had just been threatening the employee's life. 

Edited by RomaVicta

7 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Never fuck with guys who make their living sitting in a trailer full of explosives made by children in China.

Yeah, the folks running those stands seem to be close to the level of carnies. I just assume they got nothing to lose.

22 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

If the story happened as described. Wow. Quick, cool move by the employee. He didn't need to shoot the guy, but I won't quibble about that. The guy had just been threatening the employee's life. 

I don’t think he needed to shoot the guy in his fucking face but I do commend the quick action to turn the tables. 

Fuck that. He should have emptied the gun into the fucker.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

I don’t think he needed to shoot the guy in his fucking face but I do commend the quick action to turn the tables. 

And the guy that got shot didn't need to attempt armed robbery. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Js1 said:

6 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

Fuck that. He should have emptied the gun into the fucker.

Yep, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.  Like a bullet or 6 in your mug. 

Edited by ChiTownDoc