Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah. Everyone is clawing and scraping to get their picture taken at the back room of the fuckinā€™ Catalina wine mixer.Ā 

I don't know what you're talking about, these things are a hitĀ at parties

well-dressed-couple-photo-booth.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, Viper said:

I don't know what you're talking about, these things are a hitĀ at parties

well-dressed-couple-photo-booth.jpg

I've honestly thought about investing in a photo booth for side income at $500-1000 an event. Do 1-2 events in one weekend that's $25k+ a year at minimum of extra income a year with low to onĀ overhead after initial investment of the camera/app/printer.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I've honestly thought about investing in a photo booth for side income. $500-1000 an event. Do 2 events in one weekend that's $25k+ a year at minimum of extra income a year with low to onĀ overhead after initial investment of the camera/app/printer.

@taylor_searels

• Like 1

That all gas no brakes set up looks like it should be in some shitty high school prom.Ā  The fuck are they thinking?Ā Ā 

I really disliked Tom Herman but he at least got the ball rolling on facilities, locker room, and media.Ā  Bring back those white lights, that shit was way better.

34 minutes ago, victory88 said:

That all gas no brakes set up looks like it should be in some shitty high school prom.Ā  The fuck are they thinking?Ā Ā 

I really disliked Tom Herman but he at least got the ball rolling on facilities, locker room, and media.Ā  Bring back those white lights, that shit was way better.

Totally agree. It's a little better when you can't see the barrels, but still a big downgrade

Never tweet at croots but is it fair for someone with a twitter to tweet at croot coordinators (Taylor/Courtney) about this lol?

54 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Totally agree. It's a little better when you can't see the barrels, but still a big downgrade

Never tweet at croots but is it fair for someone with a twitter to tweet at croot coordinators (Taylor/Courtney) about this lol?

Wait, are we trying to appeal to 30-50 year old internet fanboys, or are we trying to appeal to 17 year old high schoolers? Because if it's the latter, perhaps shitty prom decor is the right choice.

• Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Wait, are we trying to appeal to 30-50 year old internet fanboys, or are we trying to appeal to 17 year old high schoolers? Because if it's the latter, perhaps shitty prom decor is the right choice.

Fanmen!Ā essence moisture GIF

On 6/7/2021 at 3:16 PM, BurntOrange&White said:

Cooper.

Listen. I'm a big fan of Peyton. And I don't hate Eli.Ā 

But if you Line all the sons up, and i was Archie, I'd be getting paternity tests all around.Ā 

Because ,one of these things is not like the others. One of these dosent belong.Ā 

6 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

But if you Line all the sons up, and i was Archie, I'd be getting paternity tests all around.Ā 

Because ,one of these things is not like the others. One of these dosent belong.Ā 

Cooper was also good at sports, he just had health issues that forced him to retire early.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Cooper was also good at sports, he just had health issues that forced him to retire early.

And if you were looking for.likely culprits for his health issues, again, line the 3 of them up, and say, one of these things is not like the others, one of these things doesn't belong. Js.

On 6/9/2021 at 4:11 PM, NorLa Horns said:

B2BE5F71-AD59-43EF-B871-A3ABD723DE7A.thumb.jpeg.d72fb9357e9114316c8e35564ea78a28.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Roach

Spoiler

ā€” Add South Oak Cliff cornerback Jayvon Thomas to the list of guys this weekend along with teammates Dylan Brown-Turner, Randy Reece and Jamyri Cauley. Thomas already holds a Texas offer while Brown-Turner and Reece will likely work out for the staff. Cauley is a guy to watch. The 2024 athlete is nicknamed "Wildman" and has the look of an NFL player already. At 6-foot-2, 195 pounds, Cauley can play receiver or linebacker at the next level and is likely going to have the attention of every school in the country. Texas now has a good link to SOC with Chris Gilbert having coached in South Dallas including graduating from and coaching the Golden Bears himself for many years.

Ā 

Roach on Jalen Hale

Spoiler

Thursday - 11:23 PM - I exchanged a few messages with Longview WR Jalen Hale. We didn't get to go into a lot of detail, but he said he really enjoyed himself tonight. Hale will spend tomorrow in Austin as well getting some quality time with the coaches. This is very important for the staff as Hale hasn't always been very high on Texas. Oklahoma grabbed his attention early and Haynes King's presence at Texas A&M will make the Aggies a viable contender for him. We'll get more with Hale once he leaves campus, but so far so good.

Ā 

N6yN6b1DC5.png
The idea what tosu is third in the running assuming they land ewers this year is kind of funny. It doesn't really make sense for a guy like Manning to want to commit a year after a guy like Ewers. So many viable options with less risk of not winning the job.

And no, I'm not saying either will be scared of competition, but it just makes more sense not to be a class removed from a #1 qb recruit in the country. The Mannings seem to be very rational in their decision making (no blind loyalty to Tennessee) and that would not be a rational decision. Same for us if Ewers flips, which he won't.

19 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

The idea what tosu is third in the running assuming they land ewers this year is kind of funny. It doesn't really make sense for a guy like Manning to want to commit a year after a guy like Ewers. So many viable options with less risk of not winning the job.

And no, I'm not saying either will be scared of competition, but it just makes more sense not to be a class removed from a #1 qb recruit in the country. The Mannings seem to be very rational in their decision making (no blind loyalty to Tennessee) and that would not be a rational decision. Same for us if Ewers flips, which he won't.

I assumed the writer was just ignorantĀ on Ewers being committed to tOSU

Humidor...

Ā 

JUNIOR DAY (2023)

QB Arch Manning, Isidore Newman (New Orleans, LA): You canā€™t win the recruitment this weekend but you can fall behind. This is a major opportunity for Steve Sarkisian and AJ Milwee. A source on the Alabama side of the recruitment hears the same as IT ā€” Texas, Clemson, and Alabama are the top three. More on Manning below.

RB Rueben Owens, El Campo (El Campo, TX) - Texas: The five-star composite rated player recently tripped to LSU and Alabama, but as soon as he returned to Texas earlier this week, he was Austin bound. Up next, a return trip with his 2023 bros Manning and Johntay Cook.

WR Ashton Cozart, Marcus (Flower Mound, TX): This kid is close to the total package; hands, speed, route-running, and size, Cozart has it all. The Seattle-area transplant is now catching passes from fellow Washingtonian Cole Welliver at Marcus HS. Dude status.

WR Johntay Cook, DeSoto (DeSoto, TX): Cook fits the Sarkisian template for college receivers. He's fond of OU, and just visited Texas A&M, but he's been waiting on this trip. Joining buddies Manning and Owens, the trio is expected to be in town until Sunday.

WR Jalen Hale, Longview (Longview, TX): One of the nation's top pass-catchers in the nation arrived in Austin yesterday and got in a little workout with the Texas staff last night. Hale is a priority, but the Horns are battling virtually everyone, including OU, Texas A&M, and LSU.

WR Jaquaize Pettaway, Langham Creek (Houston, TX): Pettawayā€™s family is originally from the state of Alabama. The SEC programs will be the competition for Texas should the Longhorns go all in. He will play WR and CB next year, but is a wide receiver projection long term.

OL Harris Sewell, Permian (Odessa, TX): The state's best offensive lineman for 2023, Sewell is taking his long-awaited trips, including a stop at Texas Tech last week. Every program will be on the four-star at some point, but he's wide open, which can benefit UT with a great first impression starting on Saturday morning.

OL/DL Markis Deal, Naaman Forest (Garland, TX): The recent UT offer plays on both sides of the line of scrimmage, but offensive tackle is likely his future. Dealā€™s father played defensive tackle at UTEP, and is the defensive line coach at Naaman Forest. Dealā€™s mom played volleyball and basketball at UTEP. His brother signed with Tulane in December as a defensive end. This will be a true academic/football recruitment.

DL Avion Carter, Tascosa (Amarillo, TX): He's a borderline Top 10 in-state prospect with a host of offers already. Likely to grow into a DT long term with a frame that can Carry 290+-pounds.

DL Jordan Renaud, Lewisville (Lewisville, TX): The recent Florida transplant caught everyone's eyes when he enrolled at Lewisville this spring. Insane upside along the defensive front, it'll be tough keeping him out of the Sunshine State for college.

DE Dylan Spencer, C.E. King (Houston, TX): Physically, one of the most impressive prospects in the 2023 class in-state. Began high school at West Orange-Stark as a freshman before moving to Katy Taylor as a sophomore. Is now seemingly settled at C.E. King for the remainder of high school.

LB Anthony Hill, Ryan (Denton, TX): He might outgrow inside linebacker, but you won't hear any colleges complaining. Hill is the total package, a five-star, and potentially the top player in-state for his class. Florida has always been mentioned as a team the competition will be forced to deal with. This is a big chance for Texas to get its foot firmly in the door. Jaā€™Tavion Sanders being on campus canā€™t hurt.

CB Jayvon Thomas, South Oak Cliff (Dallas, TX): The Corsicana transfer has NFL genes and real upside in the island of corners. Thomasā€™ father, Joseph, played at Notre Dame, and his recruitment will likely boil down to the Domers and staying close to home. Texas can win out and former Lancaster coach and current high school liaison Chris Gilbert is a key part in this recruitment.

CB Javien Toviano, Martin (Arlington, TX): Possibly the best prospect pound-for-pound in-state for his cycle, he's made trips to College Station and Norman. Texas has some built-in advantages here and this weekend is the time to rip off the seal and apply. He's a potential five-star for 2023.

CB Jamel Johnson, Seguin (Arlington, TX): You don't hear Johnson's name too often, but he's among the top in-state corners for 2023. Might project to Star (nickel).

DB Peyton Bowen, Guyer (Denton, TX): Texas has his attention after an offer a few months ago. He's part of one of the nastiest secondaries in-state at Guyer. His little brother, Eli, is also one to watch with 2024. He'll start as sophomore.

DB Ryan Yaites, Guyer (Denton, TX): Fresh off a Notre Dame trip that went well, Yaites is coming with fellow UT offer Bowen. Most schools see a safety, but the Fighting Irish like him at corner. I do too.

ATH Dalton Brooks, Shiner (Shiner, TX): Dalton is bringing his brother, Doug, with him for his UOV. Dalton is a big athlete that could project to wide receiver or safety.

ARCH MADNESS

The last name Manning adds a significant amount to the hype, but the kid is a legitimate ā€œTrevor Lawrenceā€ type talent where itā€™s not unreasonable to think heā€™ll be three-and-out before becoming a very high draft pick (where that hype will yet again help him, but it will yet again be warranted).

As weā€™ve been saying, Texas profiles well to win this one. The Mannings have liked the school itself for decades. Early stage Mack Brown would have UT right in it, thanks in large part to his folksy demeanor.

Of the modern coaches who has that demeanor, aside Mack and his resurgence at UNC? That would be Dabo Swinney.

The Mannings visited Clemson last weekend and liked the way the Clemson staff carried itself. The Mannings, being coaches on the field, donā€™t need coaches yelling, cussing, and screaming. Just coach them. Thatā€™s what the Clemson staff does, but itā€™s also what the new Texas staff does as well. The old UT staff would struggle in this ****ing department.

The Mannings also like the culture of Clemson, but thereā€™s a rather large subset of that culture at UT, and some of those people are in high ranking positions. Texas truly is one-of-a-kind in who it can appeal to.

Based on what weā€™ve heard about the Manningā€™s process, we donā€™t know if what was just written about Clemson will be substantive enough to win out. Swinney himself isnā€™t the quarterback developer theyā€™re looking for. Clemsonā€™s offense also isnā€™t viewed as ideal.

This is where Texas can make hay this weekend. Since the moment Sark was hired at Texas, IT mentioned how highly the Mannings though of Sarkā€™s offensive acumen, innovation, and track record of quarterback development.

Now itā€™s time for Sark to get to know them on a more personal level and combat what has Clemson right in the thick of it. He canā€˜t disarm them with Daboā€™s folksiness, but he can compete in that department with the authenticity and candor heā€™s come to be known for.

Everybody knows this is a huge weekend. The staff has been waiting for it for months. You can expect it to go well.

• Hook 'Em 1