Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

11 hours ago, TexasEx said:

My read is Arch may commit somewhere sooner than later. IT has been hedging a little on the original prediction his recruitment would drag well into 2022. Could be motivated by a desire to secure his spot before any possible Ewers flip. 

IT doesn't know shit about when Arch  will commit, or his mindset, or anything worthwhile. They can speculate based on what the family will release to the media and possibly his interactions with other 2023 recruits. But, they are just about as likely to get inside scoop from a Bill Bellichek press conference as they will from asking questions of Manning associates. 

6 hours ago, texifornia said:

Clemson's peewee clip art logo is one of my biggest pet peeves in bluechip football.

Lmao, thems fightin words in South Carolina. They are so proud of that paw. Can't count how many times I was reminded that it's a real tiger paw, look at the hook in the base of the paw!! Pro tip, if you ever find yourself discussing this with a Clemson fan, don't, under any circumstance, say who gives a shit or something along those lines cause they won't stfu about it. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hornlover said:

IT doesn't know shit about when Arch  will commit, or his mindset, or anything worthwhile. They can speculate based on what the family will release to the media and possibly his interactions with other 2023 recruits. But, they are just about as likely to get inside scoop from a Bill Bellichek press conference as they will from asking questions of Manning associates. 

Ok, so they don’t know, but they might have some info from behind the scenes. Thanks for clarifying.

They seem mostly to have info from the Texas side, so I guess take it fwiw, but there seems to be some optimism. Also, they’re not the only 995ers pumping some Arch sunshine. Nobody’s calling arch to Texas yet. 

9 hours ago, TexasEx said:

Ok, so they don’t know, but they might have some info from behind the scenes. Thanks for clarifying.

They seem mostly to have info from the Texas side, so I guess take it fwiw, but there seems to be some optimism. Also, they’re not the only 995ers pumping some Arch sunshine. Nobody’s calling arch to Texas yet. 

I am. Fuck it (says guy who has zero info or insight but feels it in his plums)

• Hook 'Em 2

IT

Spoiler

WR Ethan Davis, Collins Hill (Suwanee, GA) - 2023: Davis picked up his Texas offer recently. Now, he's coming to Austin. The 6-foot-5, 205-pounder will see UT on June 22nd. Davis holds most of the big offers in the southeast.

OL Payton Kirkland, Dr. Phillips (Orlando, FL) - 2023: Kirkland says he's hitting Austin on June 15th. After UT offered last month, Kirkland, who holds 44 offers, told IT he really liked the new Texas staff and was looking for a program to set him up for the next 40 years.

LB Tausili Akana, Kahuka (Kahuka, HI) - 2023: One of the highest rated players early in the 2023 cycle took a Texas trip over the weekend.

At 6-foot-4, 225 pounds, Akana holds 22 offers including LSU, Oregon, USC, and Texas. His family made the long trip to the Lone Star State to see UT, TCU, and Texas A&M. First up, Austin.

“It was great," said Akana. "I love the campus and coaching staff.”

Akana picked up his Texas offer after the long flight.

“It was almost an eight hour flight from Hawaii," said Akana. "I have some family here in Texas and wanted to see and experience Austin. The coaching staff sees me being very successful and doing well in their system. Making a difference on the defensive side of the ball is a big factor."

Another was NIL. The Horns had a Name, Image, Likeness presentation that really caught the family's attention.

After Austin, he visited TCU in Fort Worth. He picked up a verbal invitation from Gary Patterson, and trekked to College Station on Saturday. He'll be in Baton Rouge on Monday to see the Bayou Bengals.

Love to see the S.A area kids get offers 

Agreed, have known this kid for years as his sister and my daughter were cheerleaders together. Been cool watching him go from just a big kid to being a legitimate player. He has really leaned up since last season at Smithson Valley.

IT on Arch (a bit creepy)

Spoiler

QB Arch Manning, Isidore Newman (New Orleans, LA) - 2023: Inside Texas received some intel regarding Arch Manning’s two-day visit to Clemson. We were told that there was a member from the Tigers coaching staff, support staff or recruiting staff at the parents side every time they were seen at camp, or around campus. Arch and family spent a lot of time with Dabo Swinney and the offensive staff outside of the camp, and during the camp Dabo was spotted within an ear shot of Arch multiple times.

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

IT on Arch (a bit creepy)

Reveal hidden contents

QB Arch Manning, Isidore Newman (New Orleans, LA) - 2023: Inside Texas received some intel regarding Arch Manning’s two-day visit to Clemson. We were told that there was a member from the Tigers coaching staff, support staff or recruiting staff at the parents side every time they were seen at camp, or around campus. Arch and family spent a lot of time with Dabo Swinney and the offensive staff outside of the camp, and during the camp Dabo was spotted within an ear shot of Arch multiple times.

Surprised dabo didn't have one of his roided up players hold the Mannings hostage. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kwood4408 said:

Nice, a fellow SV alumn. Class of 91 here.

1 hour ago, TankedBevo said:

That's good to hear. Hopefully our drought will end 🤘🏾

If Andrew Sendejo catches on with someone this year yall will have 2 DBs in the NFL next season, with him & Trevon Moehrig. Pretty impressive.

If Andrew Sendejo catches on with someone this year yall will have 2 DBs in the NFL next season, with him & Trevon Moehrig. Pretty impressive.

Andrew should be signed somewhere. Trevon is the one I was pissed we didn’t really recruit since we were all in on Sterns. His film might be the most impressive HS tape I have ever seen whether it was Def, WR, KR, PR dude just made plays.

1 hour ago, kwood4408 said:

Andrew should be signed somewhere. Trevon is the one I was pissed we didn’t really recruit since we were all in on Sterns. His film might be the most impressive HS tape I have ever seen whether it was Def, WR, KR, PR dude just made plays.

I watched the SV/Judson game his senior year when they upset Judson. He was arguably the best player on the field that night.