LOL-USA Today's analysis of the Chiefs taking Mahomes with their first round pick in 2017.

EMAWesome

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/04/2017-nfl-draft-grades-picks-analysis-results

10. Patrick Mahomes, QB Texas Tech — Kansas City Chiefs (from Buffalo)

GRADE: C-

Analysis: Calling Mahomes a project is a major understatement. He’s nowhere near ready to play in the NFL. And, honestly, he may never be. Between his inconsistent accuracy due to poor mechanics, his tendency to bail from clean pockets and his lack of field vision, he’s going to leave as many big plays on the field as he creates. This was a risky pick.

Bleacher Report gave the Seahawks 2012 draft class an F , and Mel Kiper gave it a C- ......... Russel Wilson, Bobby Wagner, Bruce Irvin lol 

The analyst's have no fucking idea , just throwing shit out there to see what sticks. 

Edited by Boogaloo

12 minutes ago, Boogaloo said:

Bleacher Report gave the Seahawks 2012 draft class an F , and Mel Kiper gave it a C- ......... Russel Wilson, Bobby Wagner, Bruce Irvin lol 

The analyst's have no fucking idea , just throwing shit out there to see what sticks. 

Who does have an idea then? No one can be spot on on these draft picks. Go to every front office and see how many terrible picks are made. That includes input from all coaches and scouts.

You can do this on the other side and see people rave about a player drafted and they bust. Same thing happens on the recruiting for college.

I'd love to see who exactly on here thought Mahomes was going to do what he's doing right now. Especially with him playing for Tech. 

7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Who does have an idea then? No one can be spot on on these draft picks. Go to every front office and see how many terrible picks are made. That includes input from all coaches and scouts.

You can do this on the other side and see people rave about a player drafted and they bust. Same thing happens on the recruiting for college.

I'd love to see who exactly on here thought Mahomes was going to do what he's doing right now. Especially with him playing for Tech. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Pretty sure a bunch of Tech fans did. We weren't blinded by the W/L record like everyone else was. I also seem to recall pretty heated debates about why Tech wasn't too concerned about whiny Baker taking his ball and going home.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

giphy.gif

And @Vertigo although he was wrong about Watson.

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/174106-Meltdown-at-Tech-is-in-full-swing?p=10478067&viewfull=1#post10478067
http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/174106-Meltdown-at-Tech-is-in-full-swing?p=10478154&viewfull=1#post10478154

There were plenty of others. The idea that nobody knew Mahomes would be good is ridiculous.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Hi, right fucking here.  I took shit for it too.

giphy.gif

and I'd almost say the same fucking thing of Bowman if he weren't made of glass.

KK might be a loosing coach, but the sumbitch sure as fuck knows QB's.

3 hours ago, 52-80 said:

7. Mike Williams, WR Clemson — Los Angeles Chargers

Grade: B+

how many Mike Williams have there been in the NFL?  20?

Mike Williams doing Mike Williams things last Sunday.... 

I remember thinking Fournette McCaffery that high were absurd picks. I don't think I will ever see the value of taking a RB in the top 15.

11 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

You have never pedanted in my favor before, and then you took me right back down to size. I am both honored and disgusted sir. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 1

I was personally ridiculed by a number of posters on the old shaggy site for saying that PM would prove to be a much better QB than Mayfield in the long run, and I'm not gonna lie - it hurt.  It hurt real bad.  And not one of them has written to apologize to me. 

Edited by Dirk X West
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...