The Batshit Insane QAnon Conspiracy Theory

Hugo Stiglitz

50 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Can we hurry up and get to the point where the realize that gravity is a scam, and in actuality they can jump off any building without the aid of a parachute?  

I mean they may fail the first time because they've been conditioned by the "scientists", but with practice they will able to fly like the rest of us.

image.jpeg.6ef2aefe23234e43b25d0f42eb7f6d7d.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Wait, what’s the eyeglasses conspiracy?  I skip one away game trip and I’m totally behind.  

You see all light gets refracted through lenses. Just like a rainbow and we can't have none of that LBGTQetc taking control of the rainbows anymore. Unless you have to get your driver's license renewed. Which is necessary for voter IDs. Fuck I'm out. 

47 minutes ago, TDunk said:

You see all light gets refracted through lenses. Just like a rainbow and we can't have none of that LBGTQetc taking control of the rainbows anymore. Unless you have to get your driver's license renewed. Which is necessary for voter IDs. Fuck I'm out. 

Mind blown....

Glasses --> Big lens --> Refracted light --> Gay stuff --> Govt IDs --> FIAT CURRENCY!!!

Money_1973.jpg

Edited by bolverk
Only the gold standard or bitcoin can save us now.
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 2

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/23/us/qanon-trump-kennedy-protzman-cult-invs/index.html

How conspiracy theories are tearing American families apart. CNN’s Donie O’Sullivan investigates in “Waiting for JFK: Report from the Fringe,” on “The Whole Story with Anderson Cooper,” Sunday at 8 p.m. ET.

CNN —  “Now the family tree goes like this,” the man on the tape extolled confidently. “John John and…Trump are cousins. And Trump’s uncle is JFK Sr., and Joe Kennedy, who is also not dead…. And Trump’s father is General George Patton, and his brother is Mussolini…”

Colleen Protzman listened on, despondent. The man talking on the tape was her son, Michael Protzman.

“And the thing is,” she said, “he believes that.”

Her son had become the leading figure in a QAnon off-shoot that believed John F. Kennedy Jr., who died in a plane crash off Martha’s Vineyard in 1999, was alive and secretly working with former President Donald Trump to save the United States from an evil cabal.

It’s the kind of conspiracy theory that one might assume manifests only in the dark corners of the internet.

But that changed on November 2, 2021, when hundreds of people from around the country gathered at the infamous grassy knoll in Dallas’ Dealey Plaza, where President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in 1963. The congregation wasn’t there to commemorate the death of the 35th President of the United States. They were there to see what they desperately hoped would be the return of the Kennedys.

“Word on the street is Junior — JFK Jr —will show up and introduce his parents,” one believer told the local WFAA news crew who had rushed to the plaza after hearing reports of a large crowd gathered. Asked what he expected would happen, the man earnestly replied: “He’ll (JFK Jr.) probably be the vice president with Trump.”

The late JFK and his son failed to materialize. Most of the gathered crowd went home and moved on with their lives, some of them disappointed the impossible hadn’t occurred. But others stayed, waiting for months in Dallas for the Kennedys to return.

Somehow, the Kennedys, a family dynasty that once embodied the Democratic Party, had become heroes in a movement that also worshipped Trump. A bizarre blend of American lore, dating back to JFK’s assassination, along with biblical and QAnon-adjacent prophecies, suggested the Kennedys and Trump were direct descendants of Jesus Christ and were the heroic protagonists in an age-old battle of good versus evil.

The tale is objectively wacky, yet it managed to strike a chord. Hundreds of people showed up that day in Dallas hoping for at least one Kennedy to reemerge. Others left their lives, families and jobs behind entirely for months waiting on that false promise. But why?

To dismissively reduce the answer to this question as a collective delusion of “QAnon crazies” is to ignore the profound impact fringe conspiracy theories are having on American families and American democracy.

These false beliefs are a symbol and symptom of a broader ideology that thrives on anger, disillusionment and loneliness and is fueled by politically and financially motivated opportunists who have weaponized the community-building capabilities of social media.

Michael Protzman got swept up in this alternate reality.

Depending on who you ask, Protzman was either a victim whose convictions and worldview were so radically altered by what he was reading on the internet that it cost him his family, his home and his business. Or he was a manipulative opportunist who conned his followers into believing a warped QAnon-style biblical prophecy that tore them away from their families – some of whom believe he spawned a cult.

To better understand how online misinformation is affecting American families, CNN spent the past year tracking Protzman and his followers for a documentary that will air on CNN as part of The Whole Story with Anderson Cooper series.

We spoke to dozens of Americans whose lives and families have been affected by conspiracy theories, including Protzman’s own family.

In June, Protzman was severely injured in an accident on a motocross track in Minnesota and died a few days later. He was 60 years old.

But the tragic tale of Michael Brian Protzman began long before the accident.

Michael “wasn’t a computer person,” his mother, Colleen Protzman, said. But in the years after the 2008 financial collapse, he began researching online about investing in silver. Many websites that tout the sale of precious metals like silver rely on doomsday conspiracy theories of a global monetary collapse to convince people to hand over their cash.

At the time, Michael was living with his wife and two children near Seattle. He ran a demolition business but was worried about his family’s financial future. “He knew that he wasn’t going to be able to keep doing this work forever because it’s really hard on your body,” his mother told CNN.

It was with those worries, and some other personal family problems, that the conspiracy theory sites began to suck him in.

Over time, his fear became palpable – the US dollar was about to collapse. He wanted his mom to cash in her 401(k) retirement savings and invest it into silver, she said.

“He just was so adamant about the fact that he was afraid that we, his family, his sisters and me and his wife and his daughter was going to be left without if we didn’t all understand that this was going to happen and that we didn’t invest,” she explained.

------------------

More at the link above - CNN did a deep dive.

I know these people are all mentally ill, and shouldn't be mocked, etc., but by the same token, you have to fucking push back hard, because if you don't, nobody else is probably challenging them to the stupid shit they believe in.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 9/8/2023 at 9:51 PM, bolverk said:

Mind blown....

Glasses --> Big lens --> Refracted light --> Gay stuff --> Govt IDs --> FIAT CURRENCY!!!

Money_1973.jpg

Just a reminder, the wizard of oz was allegorical and the yellow brick road was the gold standard- and what is the memorable song from the movie?  That’s right, somewhere over the rainbow. They’ve been telling us for a long time now. 

• Haha 2

The GQP cultists who believe Covid/Vaccines are a hoax ... also likely believe the ETs in Mexico are real. 

Similarly, those who believe the election was stolen ... also likely believe scientists stole the ETs from Roswell and are hiding them.

It's not certain that our education systems and democracy can overcome all this idiocy this long-term.

It's like scientists, some professors/educators, and a few skeptics against the global systems of TV, Hollywood, Netflix, conspiracy theorists, YouTubers, religious fanatics, and grifters -- all metastasizing like Stage 5 brain cancer on the social media platforms. 

AlienMexico.jpg

8 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I hate this mostly because of the awful and ungrammatical use of “myself.” 

A close second reason to hate it is the sloppy cut/paste work under the geezer's chin where it looks as if a signature was erased, or else barely added.

Then you have the uppity liberal with his nose hanging out, and the artist has no idea why that's a problem.

18 hours ago, C-Man said:

Screenshot2023-09-25at5_18_42PM.png.cb86ceb959a89f6a72b51d394c67306b.png

Looks like every girl from my mid-60s kindergarten whose folks sent her to the newly-opened segregation academy in order to defy the Feds.

To be fair, she looks a lot like the ones who didn't go there too.

I guess what I am saying is I wonder why she looks like a kindergarten student.

A close second reason to hate it is the sloppy cut/paste work under the geezer's chin where it looks as if a signature was erased, or else barely added.
Then you have the uppity liberal with his nose hanging out, and the artist has no idea why that's a problem.
"Dark Agenda" is well thought out also.
  • Drool 1

• 6 months later...