The Batshit Insane QAnon Conspiracy Theory

Hugo Stiglitz

11 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Cross post:

Apparently, there's a broad, recent schism among the Qanon faithful between Lin Wood and Michael Flynn which may have been set off by remarks made by Kyle Rittenhouse.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/k7wwqe/kyle-rittenhouse-qanon-civil-war-lin-wood 

Wood alleges that Hancock (who he has referred to variously as Fraudcock, Bellycock, Thiefcock, and Liarcock in recent Telegram posts)

Lin Wood on DT?

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Wait wut?

Didn't say they weren't inbred methheads, it's just that they like to maintain that they aren't.  

We should have been emailing the aggy administration last year saying "Hey, why are you associated TexAgs?  That Qanon thread is making Aggies look bad everywhere!  They are bashing the Bushes and claiming they are drinking the fluids of children!"

On 11/26/2021 at 5:49 PM, TexasEd said:

They let that get outta control because it was a way to pown the librul t-sips.  Nothing more.

Seems risky in thinking about it.

I have an in-law into it, and she has mental health issues, and I have a few other distant relatives, and some other acquaintances, and they all have some kind of mental health issues.  Everybody we see that is into Q, whether it be people in various clips defending themselves in court, or that hang out on the overpasses in Dallas or at rallies or that we see on their social media or whatever seems to have serious mental issues.  

These aren't people that are into JFK conspiracy theories because there was some seriously weird shit/connections - no they are just inventing things out of whole cloth, or latching on to such things pitched by others (YES OPRAH DRINKS FLUIDS OF CHILDREN TO STAY YOUNG!).

Now the people grifting off of them, I don't think have the same mental health issues.  Well, most of them aren't - they see financial opportunities.

But people like Luicci etc. that allow these platforms/threads, they are playing a little bit with fire, and counting on these nuts not to go off and do something dangerous/deadly, with encouragement from whatever site(s) they were posting on.

Mom Who Joined the QAnon JFK Cult in Dallas Left Her Family to ‘Follow God’

Spoiler
“We can’t just give up on her, but it feels like we’re mourning her while she’s still alive,” the woman’s daughter told VICE News.

When Patricia left her home in Texas last month to join a QAnon cult that believes John F. Kennedy and JFK Jr. are about to return from the dead, she said she had no intention of ever returning.

She thanked her husband of 32 years and her two children for “being a great family” and said she would see them soon.

Then, her daughter Laura found her mom’s journals, filled with page after page of indecipherable nonsense.

“Before she went to Dallas she kept a couple of journals,” Laura told VICE News. “We don't know if it was people on Telegram telling her these things, or she's just having delusions, but it's just books of what she believes JFK Jr. is saying to her directly.”

But even more worrying were the words written on the front and back covers of the books. 

I’m going to follow God. Thank you for a wonderful life. Look up to th sky, I will always be close by.

To Laura, this sounded worryingly like a suicide note. Then, those fears seemed to be confirmed last week when the head of the cult took part in a video chat in which his followers discussed the need “to experience that physical death.” 

“It would not be hard to believe at this point if they were suicidal as a group,” Laura said. “I would not be surprised at all, because, initially, after we read her books, we were just waiting for a call, to hear that they'd done something like that.”

Patricia and Laura are not their real names, but VICE News is using pseudonyms in order to protect the family’s privacy. VICE News called and sent messages to Patricia on several occasions but didn’t get a response. The account of Patricia’s actions is based on interviews with her daughter and sister. 

Laura and her family eventually had to resort to drastic measures to rescue Patricia from the cult. “We obtained guardianship and my mother is now in a behavioral health center following a psychiatric evaluation,” Laura said on Thursday. 

More at link.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/v7ddxd/qanon-jfk-cult-has-families-breaking-apart

This woman’s daughter brings up the specter of mass suicide.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Reveal hidden contents
“We can’t just give up on her, but it feels like we’re mourning her while she’s still alive,” the woman’s daughter told VICE News.

When Patricia left her home in Texas last month to join a QAnon cult that believes John F. Kennedy and JFK Jr. are about to return from the dead, she said she had no intention of ever returning.

She thanked her husband of 32 years and her two children for “being a great family” and said she would see them soon.

Then, her daughter Laura found her mom’s journals, filled with page after page of indecipherable nonsense.

“Before she went to Dallas she kept a couple of journals,” Laura told VICE News. “We don't know if it was people on Telegram telling her these things, or she's just having delusions, but it's just books of what she believes JFK Jr. is saying to her directly.”

But even more worrying were the words written on the front and back covers of the books. 

I’m going to follow God. Thank you for a wonderful life. Look up to th sky, I will always be close by.

To Laura, this sounded worryingly like a suicide note. Then, those fears seemed to be confirmed last week when the head of the cult took part in a video chat in which his followers discussed the need “to experience that physical death.” 

“It would not be hard to believe at this point if they were suicidal as a group,” Laura said. “I would not be surprised at all, because, initially, after we read her books, we were just waiting for a call, to hear that they'd done something like that.”

Patricia and Laura are not their real names, but VICE News is using pseudonyms in order to protect the family’s privacy. VICE News called and sent messages to Patricia on several occasions but didn’t get a response. The account of Patricia’s actions is based on interviews with her daughter and sister. 

Laura and her family eventually had to resort to drastic measures to rescue Patricia from the cult. “We obtained guardianship and my mother is now in a behavioral health center following a psychiatric evaluation,” Laura said on Thursday. 

More at link.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/v7ddxd/qanon-jfk-cult-has-families-breaking-apart

Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Dearest Patricia (or whatever your real name is from the Vice article anonymity):

918 people died at Jonestown from mass suicide.  I promise you that with some dogged determination, you and your group can beat that record this Christmas Day in the name of Q.  Q told me you could do it and we both really, really believe in you and your flock. You can do it Patricia!  Do it for Q!   

Shit, I hope my cousin is not still involved in this shit.  She kinda gave up on it after Inauguration Day.  How do you check in on an Qanon disciple to see if they're out of the game now?  I'm sure they have some programmed response so it sounds like they're not reading it anymore even if they are.  I wanna make sure she's out before I start gaslighting these people to literally gaslight themselves.  Man, I hope they reveal the day they're gonna do it, I wanna take off work. 

1 hour ago, Willfully Horn said:

Reveal hidden contents

More at link.

this can’t happen soon enough. Is there a fund people can contribute to ?

$25 = x amount of suicides ?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Willfully Horn said:

Reveal hidden contents

More at link.

Laura is just one of many people whose family members have been sucked into the cult that this week is beginning its second month holed up in Dallas, where up to 1,000 people gathered on November 2 to witness the return of former President John F. Kennedy, his son JFK Jr., and wife Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. 

None of that happened…..

Very good to know that JFK, Jackie O, and JFK Jr. did not in fact return from the dead. Glad Vice clarified. 

It's inevitable once a cult starts talking about needing to die to be enlightened, there will be a mass suicide. My only fear is that the nutjob running the show down there has encouraged them all to be heavily armed, and he has a history of violent behavior... I hope they don't take out any innocent bystanders on their way to the Level Beyond Next.

• Like 1

Well it can't be that hard to figure out what hotel they are holed up in, no?  What can we drop off there that they can use to accelerate their own demise but that they can't use against other people?  

Yeah, but we can't gas Q's pledges.  Only Q can gas Q's pledges.  No, I want them to fulfill their Q mandate of their own accord and not hurt a single human soul while doing it.  Sadly, some of these idiots will probably bring their children to the beverage party wrapped in flags adorned with the name of whom we shall not speak.  

I'm just wondering, what do you give as a gift this holiday season to the cult that wants to go out in a blaze?  

Don’t forget to close Heaven’s Gate behind you, you poobrained worthless stains on society. Feel free to call up Jim Jones if you need a bitching party punch recipe, that is if we are just gonna ignore the fact that some people have been verifiably dead for decades. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Matches...Long Matches (imported by Vandelay Industries) 

They always make a fine gift, complimented by either a nice set of candlesticks from Durham's own Brightleaf Square.  Or with a hundred gallons of diesel and a half dozen sticks of C-4. 

Happy Q-Day!!!

14 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

It's inevitable once a cult starts talking about needing to die to be enlightened, there will be a mass suicide. My only fear is that the nutjob running the show down there has encouraged them all to be heavily armed, and he has a history of violent behavior... I hope they don't take out any innocent bystanders on their way to the Level Beyond Next.

I guess the happiest aspect is she didn't kill her lizard children like Q Surfer Brah.

Qult 45

I've often wondered about this

The Q source (also called Q document, Q Gospel, or Q from German: Quelle, meaning "source") is a hypothetical written collection of primarily Jesus' sayings (λόγια : logia). Q is part of the common material found in the Gospels of Matthew and Luke but not in the Gospel of Mark. According to this hypothesis, this material was drawn from the early Church's oral gospel traditions.[1][2][3]

Along with Marcan priority, Q was hypothesized by 1900, and is one of the foundations of most modern gospel scholarship.[4] B. H. Streeter formulated a widely accepted view of Q: that it was written in Koine Greek; that most of its contents appear in Matthew, in Luke, or in both; and that Luke more often preserves the text's original order than Matthew. In the two-source hypothesis, the three-source hypothesis and the Q+/Papias hypothesis, Matthew and Luke both used Mark and Q as sources. Some scholars have postulated that Q is actually a plurality of sources, some written and some oral.[5] Others have attempted to determine the stages in which Q was composed.[6]

Q's existence has been questioned.[6] Omitting what should have been a highly treasured dominical document from all early Church catalogs, its lack of mention by Jerome is a conundrum of modern Biblical scholarship.[7] However, copying Q might have been seen as unnecessary, as its contents were preserved in the canonical gospels. Hence, it may have been preferable to copy instead from the Gospels of Matthew and Luke, "where the sayings of Jesus from Q were rephrased to avoid misunderstandings, and to fit their own situations and their understanding of what Jesus had really meant".[8] Despite challenges, the two-source hypothesis retains wide support.[

-- is it just a coincidence or did the Watkinses choose it for its double meaning? Or is it because Q is really Jesus telling us to spruce the place up before gets down here and administes that long awaited beatdown on sinners everywhere? Big if true.

5 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I've often wondered about this

-- is it just a coincidence or did the Watkinses choose it for its double meaning? Or is it because Q is really Jesus telling us to spruce the place up before gets down here and administes that long awaited beatdown on sinners everywhere? Big if true.

Came out of the Department of Energy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_clearance

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Came out of the Department of Energy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_clearance

In a previous life I had to take a Bible class at Belmont, a Baptist college, and we spent most of the semester talking about what was Q and what was not. I have no doubt that at least some of these idiots believe there is a connection. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

In a previous life I had to take a Bible class at Belmont, a Baptist college, and we spent most of the semester talking about what was Q and what was not. I have no doubt that at least some of these idiots believe there is a connection. 

Did a class at UT taught by white. First I heard of the Q source.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

They may believe it, but the whole Q thing tied into a government source with "Q level clearance" who was fighting the Deep State or exposing the pedophiles or whatever.

And I'd imagine that some of the people running the Q drops were playing up the Biblical connection.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...

Impossible to predict.

QAnon cultists gathered in Dallas have started drinking an industrial disinfectant mixed into a chemical cocktail.

Family members of a Delaware woman who left her husband and children to await John F. Kennedy's return have confirmed that she's drinking the chemical mixture containing chlorine dioxide from a communal bowl, in a rite that cult researchers find extremely alarming, reported the Dallas Observer.

https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/dallas-qanon-cult-members-are-drinking-toxic-chemicals-en-masse-13038506

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Impossible to predict.

QAnon cultists gathered in Dallas have started drinking an industrial disinfectant mixed into a chemical cocktail.

Family members of a Delaware woman who left her husband and children to await John F. Kennedy's return have confirmed that she's drinking the chemical mixture containing chlorine dioxide from a communal bowl, in a rite that cult researchers find extremely alarming, reported the Dallas Observer.

https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/dallas-qanon-cult-members-are-drinking-toxic-chemicals-en-masse-13038506

soon.gif

Would it be weird, as a germaphobe, but am all about this magical chemical cocktail...would it be weird if I didn't want to drink from the communal bowl but would still ingest the chlorine dioxide to own the Libs?  Or is the community sipping part of the ritual?  

would it be like George out to lunch with the McKinsey team and they get that chemically laced pie to share with one fork, "If you're one of us...you'll take a bite!"  

Edited by Lobo

5 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Impossible to predict.

Maybe they're just fans of behind the bastards? 

TFW reality is out-absurding shitposts

• 1 month later...

On 12/21/2021 at 3:31 AM, Willfully Horn said:

Impossible to predict.

ronpaulisthappening!.gif

Edited by High Plains Drifter
why the hell won't gifs embed for me

2 hours ago, Yuk said:

Large enough cults are just religions. This is birth of a new one.

The problem is they lost their actual leader - Q bailed to go run for a a seat in Arizona,  and their spiritual leader - Trump told them to get the vaccine, so he's persona non grata with a lot of them now. It was evidence that he's been compromised by the Deep State and cannot be trusted.

Can't make that leap to a religion without good leadership.

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/19/technology/qanon-messages-authors.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/qanon-founder-forensic-linguists-who-b2019327.html

Two ground-breaking linguistic studies have shed further light on who might be behind the influential QAnon conspiracy movement.

Two teams of researchers, one from the Swiss startup OrphAnalytics, and another from French computational linguists Florian Cafiero and Jean-Baptiste Camps, used artificial intelligence and linguistic analysis software to study texts containing more than 100,000 words written by Q, an anonymous internet figure claiming to be a highly placed military-political insider.

Their results back up what researchers and journalists have long believed about the people behind the conspiracy leader: that South African software developer Paul Furber and message board operator (and now congressional candidate) Ron Watkins are most likely the men behind Q.

Both teams believe their predictions are more than 90 per cent accurate. The researchers also compared texts from Donald Trump and his family, as well as other Q boosters like former national security adviser Michael Flynn and political consultant Roger Stone, but found that Mr Watkins and Mr Furber were the most likely culprits based on their findings.

Both men, speaking on Saturday with The New York Times, which reported on the studies, denied being Q.

Mr Furber claimed that rather than being Q, he was merely deeply influenced by QAnon and became an early promoter of the figure’s work on online messageboards.

“We all started talking like him,” Mr Furber told the Times of the shadowy presence online, who “took over our lives, literally”.

From Q’s first posts in 2017, its audience continued to grow, though it’s style changed markedly towards Ron Watkins’s signature around 2018, according to the researchers, a period when Mr Furber said Q was “hijacked”. At this time, QAnon’s posts began exclusively appeared on a messageboard called 8chan, run by Mr Watkins and his father Jim.

Investigators have long believed that Mr Watkins and Mr Furber were key figures behind QAnon. Reporters from NBC News, Gimlet Media’s Reply All, and HBO’s documentary Q: Into the Storm, have also suggested the pair could be Q, a figure who retains millions of followers despite not posting since December 2020.

I don't get why people vilify Furber and Watkins.  If you can fool that many stupid people at once, you shouldn't be prosecuted...you should be offered a cabinet position.  I consider what they did to be more brilliant than what Trump did.  Because Trump at least had the benefit of constant media exposure of his actual face/voice.  These guys had to grind away with just words and numbers.  That's not nothing.  Fooling a MAQAidiot one-on-one is easy.  But doing it to tens of millions is tough because as some start to doubt it and cast dispersions online, those nugget seeds of distrust can spread just as easily as the original message---based on community reputation.  But these guys crushed it for 2+ years.  It's a disinformation campaign that will be admired and studied for a century.

28 minutes ago, Bookman said:

Wow I wonder what happened in December 2020 that could have caused Q to stop posting.

He realized the loonies were going to do some serious shit in January, and he'd better shut up and pretend it's all over, and pray that some 3-letter agency doesn't crawl up his ass if things get linked back to him.

Thankfully for him, Trump was the one goading them on.

18 minutes ago, Lobo said:

That's not nothing.  Fooling a MAQAidiot one-on-one is easy.  But doing it to tens of millions is tough because as some start to doubt it and cast dispersions online, those nugget seeds of distrust can spread just as easily as the original message---based on community reputation.  But these guys crushed it for 2+ years.  It's a disinformation campaign that will be admired and studied for a century.

I have yet to meet anybody into Qanon who wasn't mentally ill and/or didn't have way too much time on their hands, therefore I don't think it is as tough as you make it out to be.

With that said, it's also a helluva lot easier to fool people, then it is to convince them that they've been fooled.  There is a reason that phishing scams and sketchy fundraising emails are still alive and doing well in 2022.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I don't get why people vilify Furber and Watkins.  If you can fool that many stupid people at once, you shouldn't be prosecuted...you should be offered a cabinet position.  I consider what they did to be more brilliant than what Trump did.  Because Trump at least had the benefit of constant media exposure of his actual face/voice.  These guys had to grind away with just words and numbers.  That's not nothing.  Fooling a MAQAidiot one-on-one is easy.  But doing it to tens of millions is tough because as some start to doubt it and cast dispersions online, those nugget seeds of distrust can spread just as easily as the original message---based on community reputation.  But these guys crushed it for 2+ years.  It's a disinformation campaign that will be admired and studied for a century.

People vilify furber and watkins because they're fucking creeps and racists. They're great at weaponizing disinformation and disseminating it with the tools of the time. You should watch that HBO qanon series, he interviews all these folks over a period of like 5 years. It's nuts.