The Batshit Insane QAnon Conspiracy Theory

Hugo Stiglitz

The leader of the QAnon group that's posted up in Dallas somewhat cryptically indicated that he may have gone to Waco last weekend.

There was also this:

While the group initially appeared to be waiting for the reappearance of JFK,  over the weekend, the tone of Protzman’s comments shifted dramatically. Besides proclaiming that he was God’s representative on earth, he also took part in a video chat where participants openly spoke about having to experience death in order to learn the truth.

“Ultimately... we have to experience that physical death... let go... come out on the other side,” one of the participants in the video call suggested.

Seems very possible that this group goes full Jonestown sooner than later.

• Like 1

That would be fucking awesome.  Aren't there millions of Qanon disciples though?  Jonestown was what?  900+?  

Suppose you believe the stats, and 15% of Americans believe in Qanon.  That's 50mm people.  Now I don't want any kids to suffer, but then again---if mom and/or dad are Qanon disciples, you're probably already fucked.  But say 15% of that 15% would drink the cyanide.  That's 7.5mm people.  You're telling me we could get rid of that many stupids that easily?  Uploading some bullshit "code" to break is the easy part.  They look for meaning where there is none.  The hard part is how to make coerced suicide readily available to that many Americans around the same time.  It has to be on the same day, even the same hour, otherwise...the jig will be up.  Kinda like when Walter White had all those inmates killed in the same 2-minute window.  

How do make taking your own life easy and quick to that many people, that quickly?  

I guess you lace some Qanon armageddon powdered protein shake and have them order it ahead of time because you tell them Trump is coming back into office and then day after, when he's not in office but Biden still is, you order them to drink the shake at Noon-Eastern Time.  By the time, people alert their loved ones not to drink the shake because it's killing people...a few million have already died?  

This sounds fucking awesome.  

24 minutes ago, Lobo said:

That would be fucking awesome.  Aren't there millions of Qanon disciples though?  Jonestown was what?  900+?  

Suppose you believe the stats, and 15% of Americans believe in Qanon.  That's 50mm people.  Now I don't want any kids to suffer, but then again---if mom and/or dad are Qanon disciples, you're probably already fucked.  But say 15% of that 15% would drink the cyanide.  That's 7.5mm people.  You're telling me we could get rid of that many stupids that easily?  Uploading some bullshit "code" to break is the easy part.  They look for meaning where there is none.  The hard part is how to make coerced suicide readily available to that many Americans around the same time.  It has to be on the same day, even the same hour, otherwise...the jig will be up.  Kinda like when Walter White had all those inmates killed in the same 2-minute window.  

How do make taking your own life easy and quick to that many people, that quickly?  

I guess you lace some Qanon armageddon powdered protein shake and have them order it ahead of time because you tell them Trump is coming back into office and then day after, when he's not in office but Biden still is, you order them to drink the shake at Noon-Eastern Time.  By the time, people alert their loved ones not to drink the shake because it's killing people...a few million have already died?  

They'll probably just go with cyanide-laced Anthro Plex, cuz Alex Jones needs to get his cut.....

jones.jpg

What the fuck are contrails?  

Oh wait, the Q code reveals that at noon on such and such a date...Trump will be reinstated as President.  And at that exact moment, all true believers are to drink a toast of some particular beverage.  Something that's pre-marketed, but also laced with poison ahead of time.  So they all buy it and the whole batch is doused with some kind of lethal ingredient.  Everybody that drinks it dies within minutes so that the pre-appointed time, it's too late for most to back out.  Obviously a handful of innocents will just so happen to drink the beverage, but a few is a small price to pay.  Word spreads extremely quickly not to drink "XYZ brand beverage."  We can get at least a few million dead this way, right?  

What's the largest mass suicide in human history?  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

5 hours ago, Lobo said:

I don't know if there was a 2 shooter on that bridge that day.  But there are certainly 102 morons on there now.  

I'm genuinely curious what the Qanon movement has taken on now as their next code/secret these days.  I don't know why we can't have a Q thread on here like tigerdroppings and texags does.  It could be a safe space for people that cannot take responsibility for their own lives.  I was 90% convinced that my neighbor had a Qanon session with a friend of hers once or twice a week.  But it seems to have ended about the time that all the online 'reveals' throttled down.  I know my cousin still dabbles in it a bit.  She was never that all in because I think she realized it kinda violated some of her Christian principles.   I'm just thankful my mother didn't get drawn down into it.  

Well any real Q thread needs to be in an echo chamber free from scrutiny that could cause dissonance.  Those ideas don't survive scrutiny.  On Surly any thread like that would devolve into this one, you know where we call them batshit crazy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

But isn't that part of it for them?  They put up with a little scrutiny from a few in order to evangelize to the many?  

How did it grow so fast, surely many of the followers had to take a leap of faith and introduce others to the movement?  Obviously they had to put up with some doubters and some ribbing in order to get to the new disciples, right?  

Why can't they do that here?  Statistically speaking, there has to be dozens, possibly of hundreds of Surly posters who are Qanon believers.

But isn't that part of it for them?  They put up with a little scrutiny from a few in order to evangelize to the many?  
How did it grow so fast, surely many of the followers had to take a leap of faith and introduce others to the movement?  Obviously they had to put up with some doubters and some ribbing in order to get to the new disciples, right?  
Why can't they do that here?  Statistically speaking, there has to be dozens, possibly of hundreds of Surly posters who are Qanon believers.

They’ve been groomed to ignore CR.

Then let's have the 48-hour thread on Daily Texan.  No trolls, no rep, no post reporting.  And while in that thread, established users can go completely anonymous so we can't know who they are afterwards.  I just wanna see underneath the hood of this stuff and am not going to venture to the 4chan/whatever sites.  I think it would be fucking fascinating.  

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Then let's have the 48-hour thread on Daily Texan.  No trolls, no rep, no post reporting.  And while in that thread, established users can go completely anonymous so we can't know who they are afterwards.  I just wanna see underneath the hood of this stuff and am not going to venture to the 4chan/whatever sites.  I think it would be fucking fascinating.  

Honestly, it would be fascinating to get a copy of surly's elasticsearch indexed posts to run sentiment analysis against and do some NLP against it. ES is a ready-made datasource for grabbing a pre-sorted and cleaned set of posts to generate per-thread/per-user stats and insights for key phrases, entities, and overall post sentiment.

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Honestly, it would be fascinating to get a copy of surly's elasticsearch indexed posts to run sentiment analysis against and do some NLP against it. ES is a ready-made datasource for grabbing a pre-sorted and cleaned set of posts to generate per-thread/per-user stats and insights for key phrases, entities, and overall post sentiment.

I understood about 3 words of this.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.  You're probably a fucking lizard person though.  

14 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I understood about 3 words of this.

He's just using the buzzwords around data like Natural Language Processing (NLP) and running queries on sorted data.  The insights would be things like how many times does lobo name drop per day (a bunch) or how many Brisket posts are fewer than 60 words (none). 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

Amazingly, you remember my post history better than me and this NLP/AI software, combined.  Find me my last name-drop because I can't remember the last time I've been around people besides family and a few tailgates.

However...serious question...could such a "data scrub" be matched up between posters on here and then what other posters sound like on Qanon websites and it could be "scored" or whatever to see which people have a tendency to post like they do on Q sites even though they consciously think they are not posting that way on here?  I guess, like how we all change the way we speak in real life depending on what audience we're in front of (work meeting, public speech, family, old friends, drinking buddies, etc.)...but that our subconscious still takes over a bit and over time, no matter the audience or what we thought we were doing with our speech/vocab, the truth still kinda bleeds thru?  

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

However...serious question...could such a "data scrub" be matched up between posters on here and then what other posters sound like on Qanon websites and it could be "scored" or whatever to see which people have a tendency to post like they do on Q sites even though they consciously think they are not posting that way on here?  I guess, like how we all change the way we speak in real life depending on what audience we're in front of (work meeting, public speech, family, old friends, drinking buddies, etc.)...but that our subconscious still takes over a bit and over time, no matter the audience or what we thought we were doing with our speech/vocab, the truth still kinda bleeds thru?  

Yeah that's basically the idea - you could track different talking points and rhetoric and arguments as they propagate across the boards and posters, and quantify the impact they have in one thread or another. It would also be pretty handing for identifying socks (if the site didn't already have session profiles).

That said, it's usually not as concrete as "lobo has a userhash of 1234deadbeef5678". It's more of a mechanism to quantify and apply mathematical analysis to unstructured text or a large corpus of documents. Once you've got a starting point, you can track the change over time and observe and define trends as they happen.

28 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

He's just using the buzzwords around data like Natural Language Processing (NLP) and running queries on sorted data.  The insights would be things like how many times does lobo name drop per day (a bunch) or how many Brisket posts are fewer than 60 words (none). 

Fuck you.

Just blew up your query, bitches.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

54 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Amazingly, you remember my post history better than me and this NLP/AI software, combined.  Find me my last name-drop because I can't remember the last time I've been around people besides family and a few tailgates.

39 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Yeah that's basically the idea - you could track different talking points and rhetoric and arguments as they propagate across the boards and posters, and quantify the impact they have in one thread or another. It would also be pretty handing for identifying socks (if the site didn't already have session profiles).

That said, it's usually not as concrete as "lobo has a userhash of 1234deadbeef5678". It's more of a mechanism to quantify and apply mathematical analysis to unstructured text or a large corpus of documents. Once you've got a starting point, you can track the change over time and observe and define trends as they happen.

Yeah, my interest would be in propagation across sites over time.  Where did the information originate (facebook, 4chan, reddit, etc.) where is it taking deeper roots, what is directly copy pasted between sites and can we see some trends on sources like is this Russian or Iranian disinformation campaign material.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Lobo said:

I'm genuinely curious what the Qanon movement has taken on now as their next code/secret these days. 

Still into Deep State bullshit, stolen elections, etc. from what I've seen, but a helluva lot less enthusiasm these days. I think some self-awareness has crept in to some of their lives, not to mention the Watkins boys being somewhat exposed and/or deciding to chill on Q.  My Qanon in-law has been a lot less overt about it these days, helped by us mocking her proclamations about Trump retaking office multiple times this year fell flat.

That triangle diagram posted up thread is a pretty good analysis of the whole movement.   I know many here don't believe the arrests over Jan. 6th and other such activities don't mean much, but I happen to think it's really cooled some of them off (not all, mind you). 

For instance, the nuts showing up in Dallas, etc. are full-on mentally ill, and if they weren't in the Qanon cult, they'd be in another cult.

However, there are plenty who were just buying aspects of the Q bullshit that fit their already-existing world-view, and are not full-on Qanon types.  Enemy of my enemy and all of that.  They push the stuff that owns the libs or whatever.  Those people have faded rapidly.

And I think the crackdown on social media has put a damper on things as well.  Plenty are still trying to spread Qanon shit, but most of us will never encounter because they've been pushed off, for better or for worse, to the fringe platforms, where they aren't being challenged.

9 hours ago, Lobo said:

I don't know why we can't have a Q thread on here like tigerdroppings and texags does.  It could be a safe space for people that cannot take responsibility for their own lives. 

No, it can't be a safe space, because there's still the rest of Surly to contend with, and I'd argue that Surly is far more educated as a whole than TD, TexAgs, and Free Republic.

Q threads on TigerDropping, TexAgs, Free Republic, etc. thrive on those forums because those forums as a whole are an entire safe space for the qanon idiots.  Hell, TexAgs really only dumped most of that stuff when it became an problem for advertisers.

If some Qanon idiot posted here about microchip tracking devices in vaccines or chemtrails or Trump still being in office or the US being a corporation or whatever, other Surly posters are going to A) dissect their arguments and mock them mercilessly and B) be biased against them in the other subforums over it.  

If some Surly poster is one minute posting about how Trump is secretly still the President, and the next is posting in a football recruiting thread, people are going to be like "oh, we should believe a rumor that such-and-such recruit is coming to play for the Longhorns, when said rumor is posted by a guy who thinks JFK Jr is still alive and going to run with Trump next year?"

• Hook 'Em 1

Right, which is why immamac or whoever could switch all posters to "anonymous" while in that thread.  No post/rep counts, no avatar, just randomly assigned numbers "Qthread1" "Qthread2" "Qthread3", and that number would stick with you during the 48-hour anonymous posting period so people could reference your posts or whatever.  Then it all goes away after 48 hours, no way to know who was who.  I just want a look under the skirt.  wishful thinking, I know.  But there has to be a way to do this because I know they're on here.  A handful of them have tilted their hands a bit over the years.  

As you said though, it does seem to be waining (from the outside anyway).  I think another reason other than the ones you correctly sited, is because as things open back up in person after 18-24 months, those people are also kinda realizing that shit don't stick in real life like it does in crazy chat rooms/message boards.  So they tamp down the rhetoric until it's no longer a solitary obsession, but just this thing they keep in their back pocket for hushed conversations in dark corners.  Or in the case of some of us...shit they can bring back up at Thanksgiving!  Yeah, 'Murica!  

I kick myself we didn't start that Trump Presidential Library Exploratory Committee grift.

8 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Seems very possible that this group goes full Jonestown sooner than later.

They've had multiple chances to do it.  

But keep in mind that the people who are running the Q stuff don't seem interested in that - they seem interested in profiting off of Qanons or using them for political gain.

Going full Jonestown would shine a huge light on the folks behind Q, and it would also end Qanon's usefulness.

8 hours ago, Lobo said:

Suppose you believe the stats, and 15% of Americans believe in Qanon. 

The full-on Qanon types that believe Trump is still President, that vaccines have microchips, etc. are very small.  They are mentally ill and would be in another cult if they weren't in this one.  

Don't confuse them with the Republicans who share beliefs that overlap with them, or who are just pushing qanon bullshit to "own the libs" or whatever, and don't confuse them with the cosplayers as well.

And having confronted one of my in-laws who is into this shit, and having talked to a few other people, there is a lot more self-awareness these days.  And no, I'm not doing the "ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID" - my wife and I are doing the "all these events that keep getting predicted aren't happening, Trump isn't doing what Q had promised, and did not do what Q promised (rounding up hundreds of thousands of Americans, Hillary, etc.), and it's almost as if somebody is trying to make you look bad."

4 hours ago, TexasEd said:

Well any real Q thread needs to be in an echo chamber free from scrutiny that could cause dissonance.  Those ideas don't survive scrutiny.  On Surly any thread like that would devolve into this one, you know where we call them batshit crazy.

Having looked at those threads on TexAgs, TD, and Free Republic, the people challenging them over the batshit crazy stuff is extremely low, and those people find themselves in trouble with the mods if they mock the qanon types in those threads, particularly TexAgs and Free Republic.  

Free Republic even has warnings from the site owner about not mocking the Qanon idiots.

Like I said, and you as well, here they would be constantly challenged on stuff.

• Hook 'Em 1

Right, which is why immamac or whoever could switch all posters to "anonymous" while in that thread.  No post/rep counts, no avatar, just randomly assigned numbers "Qthread1" "Qthread2" "Qthread3", and that number would stick with you during the 48-hour anonymous posting period so people could reference your posts or whatever.  Then it all goes away after 48 hours, no way to know who was who.  I just want a look under the skirt.  wishful thinking, I know.  But there has to be a way to do this because I know they're on here.  A handful of them have tilted their hands a bit over the years.  

It's bad enough we are joining the SEC.  No point in lowering Surly to the standards of Tiger Droppings or TexAgs.

I kick myself we didn't start that Trump Presidential Library Exploratory Committee grift.

Jim Carrey Yes GIF

As you said though, it does seem to be waining (from the outside anyway).  I think another reason other than the ones you correctly sited, is because as things open back up in person after 18-24 months, those people are also kinda realizing that shit don't stick in real life like it does in crazy chat rooms/message boards.

You have politicians like Don Huffines, the Qanon types, etc., screaming from the rooftops that masks and vaccines etc. are ALL ABOUT CONTROLLING AMERKANS, and meanwhile things are opening back up rapidly as we get things under control. It absolutely undermines the narrative they were pushing when they see the vaccinated out doing shit that runs against the narrative of "OMG FAUCI WANTS YOU INDOORS AND YOUR DOORS WELDED SHUT!"

This is literally what some of them believed - this is an actual movie that is now up on Amazon Prime.

The world in 2025 is still in lockdown, worse. There is a world language and a communist world community that controls everything and everyone. Christian events have long ceased to exist, whether there are still Christians is questionable, the Bible is forbidden. A group of young revolutionaries is trying to rebuild Christianity as the Christians did 2000 years ago and thus to liberate the world again.

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

Amazingly, you remember my post history better than me and this NLP/AI software, combined.  Find me my last name-drop

Yesterday, but I don't remember the name, but you said that he/she brought a hawt 20-yo intern who was gorgeous, and I only remember all of this because I was pissed that you didn't have pics like the rules require.  SCOFFLAW!!

I don’t mind some insane apocalyptic fiction every now and then….but that looks f’n TERRIBLE. Like “student film project at the school for the autistic” terrible.

And the other thing I love is the desperate desire - and it’s a desire, a fervent fantasy - of American “Christians” to feel truly persecuted. As someone whose wife is literally in the Christianity business, she can point to the same harbingers of doom (declining church attendance, declining percentages of Americans saying they are religious) that these “christians” point out, and she can tell you the EXACT cause, according to the very people who don’t go to church and don’t claim a religion: the cause is these “christians.” They’ve made the “product” so nutbar, selfish, and mean, that people are declining to buy it.

Nobody will ever have to “ban” the Bible. By using it as a weapon and tool of selfishness instead of a tool of humility, service, and sacrifice, these assholes will make it obsolete all on their own.
  • Hook 'Em 5

10 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I don’t mind some insane apocalyptic fiction every now and then….but that looks f’n TERRIBLE. Like “student film project at the school for the autistic” terrible.

What it looks like is another grifting opportunity that Surly missed out on.  Low-budget movies can make plenty of money.

10 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

And the other thing I love is the desperate desire - and it’s a desire, a fervent fantasy - of American “Christians” to feel truly persecuted. As someone whose wife is literally in the Christianity business, she can point to the same harbingers of doom (declining church attendance, declining percentages of Americans saying they are religious) that these “christians” point out, and she can tell you the EXACT cause, according to the very people who don’t go to church and don’t claim a religion: the cause is these “christians.” They’ve made the “product” so nutbar, selfish, and mean, that people are declining to buy it.

Nobody will ever have to “ban” the Bible. By using it as a weapon and tool of selfishness instead of a tool of humility, service, and sacrifice, these assholes will make it obsolete all on their own.

Yep.  They are marginalizing themselves on their own.

I'll go you one better - we were with some friends this morning, that attend the church my wife used to.  They were bitching about God missing from the classroom.  I pointed out that their kids get a minute of silence every day to pray or whatever, and that we are in Texas, and what they think religion in the classroom should be is not what it would actually be.

And finally, I asked them why they didn't enroll their kids in the (soon to lose accreditation) school that's run by their church.  No real answer on why they wouldn't do so.

On 11/24/2021 at 1:34 AM, atomheartbevo said:

No, it can't be a safe space, because there's still the rest of Surly to contend with, and I'd argue that Surly is far more educated as a whole than TD, TexAgs, and Free Republic.

Q threads on TigerDropping, TexAgs, Free Republic, etc. thrive on those forums because those forums as a whole are an entire safe space for the qanon idiots.  Hell, TexAgs really only dumped most of that stuff when it became an problem for advertisers.

If some Qanon idiot posted here about microchip tracking devices in vaccines or chemtrails or Trump still being in office or the US being a corporation or whatever, other Surly posters are going to A) dissect their arguments and mock them mercilessly and B) be biased against them in the other subforums over it.  

If some Surly poster is one minute posting about how Trump is secretly still the President, and the next is posting in a football recruiting thread, people are going to be like "oh, we should believe a rumor that such-and-such recruit is coming to play for the Longhorns, when said rumor is posted by a guy who thinks JFK Jr is still alive and going to run with Trump next year?"

I watched TexAgs devolve into QAnon in real time. Fascinating case study in how disinformation and misinformation works and how communities and people are prepped to fall for it. Their politics board was already tilted to the (way) right and the mods would hand out punishment to anyone who pushed back against popular narratives. Then they settled on a "safe space" thread for Q-Anon and it attracted lots of people from outside even the normal TA board. Then it started infiltrating the rest of the politics board, and while the mods heavily policed the QAnon thread for violations of their safe-space, they were really hesitant to quarantine the rest of the threads from QAnon shit. The whole board became QAnon in practice if not name, then they tried to kill the QAnon thread but instead they're left with only QAnoners. Election and post-election was fucking hilarious, some of their most 'respected' posters with 'insight' went full Sidney Powell. They are still respected posters. 

Actually kind of like the Republican party if you think about it. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 1:57 AM, atomheartbevo said:

You have politicians like Don Huffines, the Qanon types, etc., screaming from the rooftops that masks and vaccines etc. are ALL ABOUT CONTROLLING AMERKANS, and meanwhile things are opening back up rapidly as we get things under control. It absolutely undermines the narrative they were pushing when they see the vaccinated out doing shit that runs against the narrative of "OMG FAUCI WANTS YOU INDOORS AND YOUR DOORS WELDED SHUT!"

This is literally what some of them believed - this is an actual movie that is now up on Amazon Prime.

My favorite bit was the guy with the non-specific European accent (I can't tell if it was real, at times it almost veered into some sort of Japanese or Chinese accent parody) quoting Mel Gibson as William Wallace. Except every mannerism, voice cue, and wardrobe choice is the exact opposite of Mel Gibson as William Wallace. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The world in 2025 is still in lockdown, worse. There is a world language and a communist world community that controls everything and everyone. Christian events have long ceased to exist, whether there are still Christians is questionable, the Bible is forbidden. A group of young revolutionaries is trying to rebuild Christianity as the Christians did 2000 years ago and thus to liberate the world again.

Well, it's the final quarter of 2021 and so they are going to have to move quick to wipe out Christians by 2025. Even so, in 2025 a Christian who took a redshirt in 2021 would still be on the roster, so they must have all hit the portal. Based on my experience with high school Spanish, four years is optimistic to get everyone up to speed on a foreign language, I hope the UN has funding for immersion programs and has dubbed Destinos into Esperanto or whatever. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I watched TexAgs devolve into QAnon in real time. Fascinating case study in how disinformation and misinformation works and how communities and people are prepped to fall for it. Their politics board was already tilted to the (way) right and the mods would hand out punishment to anyone who pushed back against popular narratives. Then they settled on a "safe space" thread for Q-Anon and it attracted lots of people from outside even the normal TA board. Then it started infiltrating the rest of the politics board, and while the mods heavily policed the QAnon thread for violations of their safe-space, they were really hesitant to quarantine the rest of the threads from QAnon shit. The whole board became QAnon in practice if not name, then they tried to kill the QAnon thread but instead they're left with only QAnoners. Election and post-election was fucking hilarious, some of their most 'respected' posters with 'insight' went full Sidney Powell. They are still respected posters. 

Actually kind of like the Republican party if you think about it. 

TexAgs mirrors the GOP perfectly.  Both of them saw the Qanon stuff as profitable in one form or another (website traffic or votes or donations) and so they encouraged it, to the point where it drove more moderate and rational folks away.

Luigi and Co. should have stepped in early on and said "This Q stuff is a bunch of bullshit created by people looking to take advantage of the mentally ill, and you're not going to use TexAgs as a platform to exploit these people!"  But no, it brought in a lot of traffic, and the Q followers have such fragile egos, that Luigi and friends went along with it, to the point it fucked up their political forum.

Same with the GOP.  They should have squashed this shit early on, but too many Republican politicians saw the Q followers not as mentally ill cult members that needed help and that didn't need another avenue of exploitation, but instead they saw them as people who would vote for them and throw money their way.

If the Democrats were faced with a big chunk of (D) voters who believed that Obama was secretly still the President because the US was a corporation and the 22nd Amendment wasn't actually ratified, they wouldn't have embraced them and tried to push their ideas into the mainstream. And the Rs would be crucifying them on Fox News nightly over these people.

44 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

TexAgs mirrors the GOP perfectly.  Both of them saw the Qanon stuff as profitable in one form or another (website traffic or votes or donations) and so they encouraged it, to the point where it drove more moderate and rational folks away.

Luigi and Co. should have stepped in early on and said "This Q stuff is a bunch of bullshit created by people looking to take advantage of the mentally ill, and you're not going to use TexAgs as a platform to exploit these people!"  But no, it brought in a lot of traffic, and the Q followers have such fragile egos, that Luigi and friends went along with it, to the point it fucked up their political forum.

Same with the GOP.  They should have squashed this shit early on, but too many Republican politicians saw the Q followers not as mentally ill cult members that needed help and that didn't need another avenue of exploitation, but instead they saw them as people who would vote for them and throw money their way.

If the Democrats were faced with a big chunk of (D) voters who believed that Obama was secretly still the President because the US was a corporation and the 22nd Amendment wasn't actually ratified, they wouldn't have embraced them and tried to push their ideas into the mainstream. And the Rs would be crucifying them on Fox News nightly over these people.

On some level, I think the craziness played in it’s favor. “Donald Trump is fighting the pedophiles and the CIA director is sending me coding messages on the internet” is ordinarily the last thing you hear before the hobo’s filthy knife sinks into your belly and all fades to black. So people thought it’s harmless fun and then you look up and a tenth of America is swapping decoder ring tips.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

On some level, I think the craziness played in it’s favor. “Donald Trump is fighting the pedophiles and the CIA director is sending me coding messages on the internet” is ordinarily the last thing you hear before the hobo’s filthy knife sinks into your belly and all fades to black. So people thought it’s harmless fun and then you look up and a tenth of America is swapping decoder ring tips.

The most surprising thing to me is that TexAgs (and even SECRant/Tiger Droppings) like to pride themselves on not being inbred meth-heads, but the Qanon stuff made them look like the inbred methheads they try not to be.

And maybe Luigi and Co. thought they were being polite and/or containing Qanon by allowing a safe space thread, but then they let Qanon run wild throughout the site, and that thread grew to almost a thousand pages.  There's a point at which you are providing a safespace for Qanon followers not to get their feelings hurt, and a point at which you are condoning their thoughts/viewpoints by letting them infect the rest of the board.

And we all know that Luigi prides himself on being somewhat of a mouthpiece at times for aggy athletics, or at least values the relationship he has with them, all the while he and his buddies were allowing the Qanon idiots make TexAgs, and by proxy aggy proper, look like the various stereotypes they have been trying to shed for years.

I really wonder if that Qanon thread was killed because of advertisers, or if somebody from the aggyland administration noticed it, because they let it get almost to a thousand pages.

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The most surprising thing to me is that TexAgs (and even SECRant/Tiger Droppings) like to pride themselves on not being inbred meth-heads, but the Qanon stuff made them look like the inbred methheads they try not to be.

And maybe Luigi and Co. thought they were being polite and/or containing Qanon by allowing a safe space thread, but then they let Qanon run wild throughout the site, and that thread grew to almost a thousand pages.  There's a point at which you are providing a safespace for Qanon followers not to get their feelings hurt, and a point at which you are condoning their thoughts/viewpoints by letting them infect the rest of the board.

And we all know that Luigi prides himself on being somewhat of a mouthpiece at times for aggy athletics, or at least values the relationship he has with them, all the while he and his buddies were allowing the Qanon idiots make TexAgs, and by proxy aggy proper, look like the various stereotypes they have been trying to shed for years.

I really wonder if that Qanon thread was killed because of advertisers, or if somebody from the aggyland administration noticed it, because they let it get almost to a thousand pages.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the change of admin was a good impetus for someone to make a call and suggest that A&M still wants federal grant funds and that the Pol board was not a good look for them. I also think they painted themselves into a corner as defenders of free speech and badly needed QAnon to be proven false with a Biden inauguration as an excuse to turn it off.

I don’t know how much Luigi gets involved outside of the sports boards. He’s a dictator on them, but seems to keep to his lane. 

17 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

They let that get outta control because it was a way to pown the librul t-sips.  Nothing more.