Big XII Championship - Baylor @ Oklahoma

Constant

Since winning their first one in 2000, they've never gone more than 3 years without a Big XII football title (and even that short drought only happened once, 2012-2015).  A likely victory tomorrow places them at 13 all-time in our young conference, and puts a double-digit distance between them and the runner-up (Texas, with 3).  In just his third year coaching, Lincoln Riley will be poised to surpass Mack Brown as the head coach with the second most titles, at three (and it took Mack Brown 16 years to win those two titles).  

Who really gives a shit who wins the game tomorrow, our bowl future is pretty much set between I dunno and who gives a shit.  But for a short spell between 2004-2009, our program has been infected with mediocrity for the last 35 years.  

Here's a gut-punch, after tomorrow...we'll be ten trophies behind Oklahoma.  TEN.  Conference hardware counts.  We ain't getting the boys back together to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Tom Herman's valiant win over Missouri in the Academy Sports + Outdoors Bowl in 2042.  In my lifetime, Texas will never catch up to Oklahoma in Big XII hardware.  Zero percent chance it happens.  I'm tired of striving for Alamo Bowl bids and Top 20 finishes.  Titles mean something still in this game.  And OU is probably getting another one tomorrow.  

Just now, youdunnf'dup said:

Seeing how this Utah v Oregon game is playing out, OU v Baylor is going to be a play in game for the playoff...isn’t it. 

Pretty much. Utah is toast and Oregon ain't getting in, not to mention Bama is in a meltdown.

1 minute ago, UTEX_ME said:

OU getting raped by tOSU or L$U might be entertaining. 

That's gotten old.  OU wins the conference, gets a Heisman (or an invite), shits the bed in the playoff/MNC/whatever.  Still get a conference title and trip to New York.

While we enjoy our multiple trips to the third tier bowl, be it the Holiday, Alamo, Texas, whatever.  Only reason we change bowls is the tie-ins change.

Fuck everyone who's drawn a paycheck since 2009 for coaching football at Texas.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

That's gotten old.  OU wins the conference, gets a Heisman (or an invite), shits the bed in the playoff/MNC/whatever.  Still get a conference title and trip to New York.

While we enjoy our multiple trips to the third tier bowl, be it the Holiday, Alamo, Texas, whatever.  Only reason we change bowls is the tie-ins change.

Fuck everyone who's drawn a paycheck since 2009 for coaching football at Texas.

QFTMFT. 

13 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Congrats on winning another championship 

I wish Texas wasn’t coached by pussies the past 20 years 

Herman isn't a pussy. I see him more as a perpetual juvenile that lacks the maturity to run a disciplined football program. Just look for his stupid fucking grin every time our team commits a stupid penalty.

Example

TrFb1O.gif

Order of preference for the possible outcomes:

1) Utah wins, and keeps the winner of the Big XII game out of the playoffs
2) Georgia wins, LSU still gets in, also keeping the Big XII out
3) Al Qaeda makes an appearance at Jerryworld tomorrow

4) OU beats Baylor and gets in, getting destroyed by LSU in the first round
5) Sodomized by a bunch of dudes

6) We have to watch Baylor make the CFP

Edited by BradInATX

9 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Order of preference for the possible outcomes:

1) Utah wins, and keeps the winner of the Big XII game out of the playoffs
2) Georgia wins, LSU still gets in, also keeping the Big XII out
3) Al Qaeda makes an appearance at Jerryworld tomorrow

4) OU beats Baylor and gets in, getting destroyed by LSU in the first round
5) Sodomized by a bunch of dudes

6) We have to watch Baylor make the CFP

what no profit?

16 minutes ago, allrightallrightallright said:

yeah that's the joke, they have a basketball player from another school on their football jerseys and shirts.  Maybe when Trey Young signs with Anta they can normalize

Lol.  Recruits love Jordan.  But internet dumbass doesn’t.   Wonder what the smart move is?  Yep, go with Jordan Brand.  

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol.  Recruits love Jordan.  But internet dumbass doesn’t.   Wonder what the smart move is?  Yep, go with Jordan Brand.  

that's a very simple way to look at it.  There's alot of people who like drake but I wouldn't want him on our jerseys to attract recruits.  The lack of another schools basketball player on their jerseys and gear doesn't seem to affect LSU, GA, or ALA; it's fucking stupid for any school other than UNC and it looks stupid.  I don't give a shit if it gives us another four star...I'm good without it

1 minute ago, allrightallrightallright said:

that's a very simple way to look at it.  There's alot of people who like drake but I wouldn't want him on our jerseys to attract recruits.  The lack of another schools basketball player on their jerseys and gear doesn't seem to affect LSU, GA, or ALA; it's fucking stupid for any school other than UNC and it looks stupid.  I don't give a shit if it gives us another four star...I'm good without it

Yeah.  Luckily you don’t make decisions for companies worth hundreds of millions.  Comparing Drake to Jordan Brand.  What a fucking dumbass.  

• Like 1

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

Yeah.  Luckily you don’t make decisions for companies worth hundreds of millions.  Comparing Drake to Jordan Brand.  What a fucking dumbass.  

no dipshit, luckily you don't make decisions for the university of texas.  If we wanted the Jordan Brand we would have it.  If it were up to dumbasses like you we'd be wearing black jerseys on halloween to 'Attract Recruits'

• Fuck You 1

Less than two years ago, Baylor concluded a 1-11 campaign that included losses to Liberty, UTSA, Duke, and a 1-8 record in league play.  In 12 hours, they could be playing for a spot in the College Football Playoff.  Meanwhile, we're stuck with Coach "Mensa" Dipshit who's clipping an average of 5 losses/season and rising.  But "Culture", amirite?  What the fuck was the fascination with this guy at Houston?  

breaking it down for me personally

1. FUCK OU, OU wins and makes the playoffs (wins or loses a game or two) and perhaps LR looks to move on

OU loses and perhaps LR decides that is the highest it gets and decides to move on......either one I do not think he is a lifer at OU

2. OU wins and it is just more OU bullshit and Texas recruits against OU more than anyone so OU losing is always a positive

if Texas is worried about a long term successful Baylor and recruiting against them long term then Texas is more fucked than we all know....yes it matters, but we are talking long term

3. Baylor does have deep pockets and will pay to keep a coach, but they can't keep Rhule forever most likely

4. again from the stand point of Baylor being better it goes back to #2......Texas needs to worry about recruiting against OU long term much more than Baylor

5. yes Baylor making it looks like shit for Texas, but it fucking kills aggy even more especially because "they spose two b sec sec sec"

6. I realize that "conference" is not popular here in surly, but if you do not want to be in a shit conference and you want to get the benefit of the doubt for your own program to make the playoffs in the future (especially with 1 loss) then you need to be in a conference that is more than one team making the playoffs and one team that should make the playoffs, but under performs

no matter how much people like it or dislike it I think a little variety in what team goes to the playoffs (if it is not Texas) is a benefit to Texas and the conference and especially for Texas if that program is going instead of OU going for sure

when I go down the list of positivities and negatives for Texas I feel it is better for Texas if Baylor wins tomorrow and goes to the playoffs over OU (provided that things play out where a Big 12 program is going no matter what)

7. I actually think it would be shit long term for Texas if somehow the SEC SEC SEC got two teams in even if it is one of them over Baylor

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, bigcigar said:

BU/OU is sacrificial lamb for LSU on their way to the title game?

Yes but OU can continue to and Baylor can start using the “made the CFP more recently than Texas” pitch in recruiting and Tom would be all like: 

spacer.png

Just now, George Clooney said:

Baylor couldn't keep it within three TDs against either of them.

Yeah, but Ruhle for month of December, "Good evening young man, we're just prepping for the College Football Playoff...thought I'd check in to see if you'd to come play for us next season."

Herman for month of December, "Yeah, I know it's called the Camping World Bowl, but it's not in a tent or anything.  I mean, it's intense.  Mensa joke, get it?  They're actually recreational vehicles.  Anyway, thoughts on coming to play for a bunch of coordinators and position coaches that frankly neither of us have ever heard of?"