Mac8111

Big Green Egg & Other Ceramic Grills All Encompassing Thread

OK so beef ribs are awesome and so much easier than brisket.

Plus a single plate is a whole lot more manageable for me as an empty nester than a 15 LB brisket.

Might be my new go to for BBQ.

Posted (edited)

Here's some pics of a brisket I did a couple of weeks ago.  I soaked some post oak chunks in water for 24-30 hours and that really helped with the smoke flavor.  Brisket was probably about 12.5# after trimming.  Cook time was 9 hours at 260*.  It was sitting on the counter sliced for a while before I took that pic.

Brisket1.jpg

Brisket2.jpg

Brisket3.jpg

Edited by Dry Elbows

7168ad13bbc20165e8c3ec79e1335659.plist
Trying a different setup today, using one of the deflector plates as a wall and leaving the coal exposed so that I can add wood chunks/chips throughout the smoke

10 hours ago, Lurch said:

Trying a different setup today, using one of the deflector plates as a wall and leaving the coal exposed so that I can add wood chunks/chips throughout the smoke

That should work fine, is very similar to the Slow n Sear add-on to Weber, and you're in a kamado which has better insulation and more even temperature distribution. That said, depending on the heat distribution, you might rotate the meat 180' (point the bones to the left) midway through the cook.