My families Great American Adventure

Wulaw Horn

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:
59 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

We are completely home schooling. We have an online curriculum we use as a jumping off point for what to study, plus we are doing flash cards for math and supplementing our own enrichment for social studies and writing about what happened along the way. Except the kindergartner, we are just going to teach her how to read and count to 100 and wrote her alphabet and all that happy horseshit. 

Upstate NY has some good history related to the French and Indian and Revolutionary Wars (there are some old forts on Lake George) and interesting folklore (Rip VanWinkle and  The Headless Horseman). 

If you end up heading toward the Buffalo/Niagara Falls area, look into making a side trip to Letchworth State Park. 

• Like 1

So we didn’t set up the tent. So we did it in the RV. Lamest sexual experience since that time I banged your mother. Wife was afraid we’d shake the kids awake. Tent now a necessity everywhere we go. 
Fuck. Was hoping to make that not a thing. Nope. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So we didn’t set up the tent. So we did it in the RV. Lamest sexual experience since that time two weeks ago when my child caught me penetrating his mother. Wife was afraid we’d shake the kids awake. Tent now a necessity everywhere we go. 
Fuck. Was hoping to make that not a thing. Nope. 

Fify

• Haha 1

On 7/15/2020 at 3:54 PM, Wulaw Horn said:

Nope. Just boring here Im NY. Worked all day all three days and kids have been schooling. We are going to do a driving tour of NYC on Friday. Not much to report. 
other than I’ve lost 15 pounds, we are spending too much money, and I turned 42 Monday without any presents or celebration or even sex. Weird birthday. Such is life On the road I think. 

Heyo Happy Belated Birthday bro...

3 hours ago, BevoSwag said:

If you're in NYC with those Texas license plates I can't wait to hear some of the cat calls from the locals lol.

Had to skip it- going back for just NYC fo a couple days in a couple weeks. Nothing to do with the dog. I will wear my astros gear walking around though. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Like 2

In Boston Cape cod right now. Worked my ass off today. Long story. Ok- so I’ve got an issue that needs fixing and I bet one of you assholes knows how to do it...

plugged the room across into the outlets and ran that, along with the main ac, at the same time, while on generator power last week boondocking at the Walmart. That shit shut down. Now, when I’m on generation power none of the outlets are working, nor is the AC or outside fridge. The lights work. And the inside fridge. Pretty sure that’s because they run off alternator power. 
So, since everything works when I power into the site at the campgrounds pretty sure that means the problems can’t be with any of the outlets inside the rv- not can it be a problem with the male part of the plug. 
The generator turns on and fires up, Donny guess is it can’t be the generator- right?  Or can it be something related to that?  I’m guessing it’s the female part of the plug inside the outside storage on the rv. I don’t see any reset button. Is there one inside the plug maybe?  Is there some sort of circuit on the generator?  Is it possible the generator is turning on but not running enough power to fire up the electricity inside?  That seems less likely to me but I’m an idiot. I’m actually kind of impressed I’ve figured this much of it out. 
Any help appreciated. 

7292fcda48d455b1653dd9789d40bacd.jpg
This is the set up inside the storage that the plug is supposed to be plugged into to complete the circuit when it runs on generator power. It’s 3 prong- like a dryer. Can’t be a problem with the male end I wouldn’t think, since everything works when plugged into the shore power at camp. Same reason I wouldn’t think the problem could be with the interior circuits,  right?

Edited by Wulaw Horn

12 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

My long story short. 
the boy left the water turned on in the outside kitchen. Didn’t realize it.  Ended up running the water tank completely dry. And completely flooding the sink and storage area. And filling the gray tank. Which backed up. And, I let the wife hook up the stinky slinky, she didn’t get it on there right enough to the hook, so when I emptied the black tank and grey tank the slinky came off. Big mess. And I got to get under the rv and remove the drain from the outside kitchen storage (with a manual screw driver and 6 screws) while it pissed ester all over me through the screw holes before dumping all over me when I twisted the drain around after taking out the screws. 
so, black tank and gray tank issue, drainage in sink issue, broke camp, set up camp, drove from NY to Boston disgusting ness, lost outside fridge stuff. Lost stuff in outside kitchen storage and a partridge and a pear tree 

when I suggested to my wife that perhaps she stop ducking around with the cable and get me the fucking screw driver as a means of prioritizing what was important she called me a mother fucker. So, yeah, this was a fun day on the road for sure. 
also, got out of the shower and she’s like- can you go into town and get some beer, I don’t feel like going. 
cool babe, you read my mind. That’s exactly what I wanted to do, get back on the road at 8:30 at night after all that I just described. But the upside is, at least now I do have beer and am drinking that. 
also, my 5 year old daughter got called a pussy by one of the local kids. Massholes indeed. 

So...you’re probably not setting up the tent tonight, amirite?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, After irth said:

So...you’re probably not setting up the tent tonight, amirite?

She’s perioding. I got to red stick it on day 1 the other day, but never on anything other than first or last day is she down for. So, no tent this week I don’t think. 

Quiet sex is hot,, compadre. 

😡
Spoiler

Quiet sex is often a matter of courtesy. If you live with roommates, are a guest in someone else’s home, or your kids are sleeping one room over, you may not want to subject others to the thumping of a headboard. 

But that doesn’t mean you have to forgo sex altogether. In fact, regular sex helps you bond with your partner. Of course, that’s just one of the many benefits of sex. 

Even when discreet sex is a must, it shouldn’t have to be a bummer. In fact, staying silent can be extremely sexy. The need to hold back can make it even more exciting.

Noiseless sex doesn’t have to mean passionless sex. The next time you need to keep it down, try incorporating some of the following tips:

1. Find a time when others are less likely to overhear

Your lovemaking is less likely to attract attention if everyone is asleep. While you may still want to keep the noise to a minimum, you might have a bit more leeway in the middle of the night or the wee hours of the morning.

2. Do it in the shower

Shower sex is less likely to be noisy in the first place, provided the shower you’re using is big enough for two. Plus, there’s added coverage in the sound of the water, which might also help you take your mind off the sound. Take care to avoid slips and falls, which could not only blow your cover, but also cause an injury. 

3. Avoid the bed

Beds, while great for sleeping, can make all kinds of noises when you’re getting frisky. To avoid those telltale squeaky mattress springs, the floor is your best option. While it may not be the most comfortable, you can soften things up with a few blankets or pillows.

4. Change locations

If proximity to other bedrooms is your issue, why not skip the bedroom altogether? You can avoid the possibility of your kids, relatives, or other guests in your own house hearing you by scouting out a new location. An office, basement, or playroom — pretty much any out-of-earshot room with a door you can close — will do just fine.

However, this is not advised if you’re in someone else’s house.

5. Add other noise

Added noise can give you a bit more flexibility as to how loud you can be. Music is a great daytime option to avoid arousing suspicion. At night, a white noise machine, television, or ambient music are a little bit more discreet when it comes to sound-canceling options. Of course, you’ll still want to be mindful of your volume. 

6. Always keep a pillow on hand

Pillows are handy when you want to scream, but can’t. Feeling kinky? Co-opt a tie or a scarf and tie it around your mouth as a gag. Not only will it help you avoid any involuntary cries when it’s time to orgasm, it’ll also up the excitement factor. 

7. Focus on outercourse and oral sex

Quiet sex is a great opportunity to break your routine. Avoid the bumps, thumps, and squeaks associated with penetrative sex by focusing on outercourse. Please yourself while your partner watches, or take turns pleasing each other.

My long story short. 
the boy left the water turned on in the outside kitchen. Didn’t realize it.  Ended up running the water tank completely dry. And completely flooding the sink and storage area. And filling the gray tank. Which backed up. And, I let the wife hook up the stinky slinky, she didn’t get it on there right enough to the hook, so when I emptied the black tank and grey tank the slinky came off. Big mess. And I got to get under the rv and remove the drain from the outside kitchen storage (with a manual screw driver and 6 screws) while it pissed ester all over me through the screw holes before dumping all over me when I twisted the drain around after taking out the screws. 
so, black tank and gray tank issue, drainage in sink issue, broke camp, set up camp, drove from NY to Boston disgusting ness, lost outside fridge stuff. Lost stuff in outside kitchen storage and a partridge and a pear tree 
when I suggested to my wife that perhaps she stop ducking around with the cable and get me the fucking screw driver as a means of prioritizing what was important she called me a mother fucker. So, yeah, this was a fun day on the road for sure. 
also, got out of the shower and she’s like- can you go into town and get some beer, I don’t feel like going. 
cool babe, you read my mind. That’s exactly what I wanted to do, get back on the road at 8:30 at night after all that I just described. But the upside is, at least now I do have beer and am drinking that. 
also, my 5 year old daughter got called a pussy by one of the local kids. Massholes indeed. 
This is the shit I've been waiting for. Fuck yes.
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:
My long story short. 

Read more  

This is the shit I've been waiting for. Fuck yes.

Some people’s job in life is to serve as a cautionary tale. Such is life. 

but seriously- any amateur electricians or RVers on here that can help me with my generator issue? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BottleRocket said:

It’s not cool calling a 5 year old names by any means. But come on man, she pretends she’s a cat. Kind of setting herself up for that one. Sorry had a rough day. Enjoy your beer. You earned it.

The boys eyes got really wide telling the story. Mommy mommy, that mean kid caked Whitney a pussy and didn’t even say cat at the end. 

• Like 2

Some people’s job in life is to serve as a cautionary tale. Such is life. 

but seriously- any amateur electricians or RVers on here that can help me with my generator issue? 

Check the and see if there are circuit breakers on the generator itself. You probably overloaded a circuit for the gen, but not enough to trip a main panel breaker.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It’s not the noise man it’s the rocking of the vehicle. 

Freaks - cool.

🤝

✌

✌
Spoiler

In all seriousness though, any question about hot sex is usually well-answered in women-oriented fitness magazines. Not kidding. ~ Chad

You all are explorers. Enjoy the ride. Lifetime of memories awaits. That's good living.  

22 minutes ago, RPM said:

Sorry, extra "the" there. Check if the generator has it's own set of breakers. 

Any idea what that would look like?  Would it fire up and turn over/turn on if the breakers were flipped?  I know less about generators than conceptually about electricity and the like, but I’m trying to learn. Thanks. 

Any idea what that would look like?  Would it fire up and turn over/turn on if the breakers were flipped?  I know less about generators than conceptually about electricity and the like, but I’m trying to learn. Thanks. 

It will run, just no power if the breaker is tripped. Pull out your manual on the generator and do some reading. I could be completely wrong, but I think I ran into this once and it was a gen breaker. Maybe @troph would be more help. She's more current on RVs than I am.

Just to be clear, everything works when using shore power?

More explanation... If everything works using shore power your circuits are good. You are getting two good 110 legs (110+110=220). If it's only a problem when on the generator, you're not getting 2 good 110 legs (110+ dead = 110) and half your circuit panel isn't getting power.

Edited by RPM
oops

15 minutes ago, RPM said:

It will run, just no power if the breaker is tripped. Pull out your manual on the generator and do some reading. I could be completely wrong, but I think I ran into this once and it was a gen breaker. Maybe @troph would be more help. He's more current on RVs than I am.

More explanation... If everything works using shore power your circuits are good. You are getting two good 110 legs (110+110=220). If it's only a problem when on the generator, you're not getting 2 good 110 legs (110+ dead = 110) and half your circuit panel isn't getting power.

Yes- you are correct- everything runs just fine using shore power. So, you’d say that has to be a generator problem then?  Don’t understand the last paragraph conceptually but interested in whatever you  know about it. Really appreciative. Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Don’t understand the last paragraph conceptually but interested in whatever you  know about it. Really appreciative. Thanks. 

I'm assuming your generator is 220 (221 whatever it takes). You have 2 hot wires that feed different lines of the breaker panel. If one of those wires (legs) goes dead, that side of the panel is dead.

If your generator is 110, then I'm talking out of my ass. Read your generator owners manual. It should tell you all the specs and give you some troubleshooting tips. What kind of generator is it? Brand/model?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RPM said:

It will run, just no power if the breaker is tripped. Pull out your manual on the generator and do some reading. I could be completely wrong, but I think I ran into this once and it was a gen breaker. Maybe @troph would be more help. She's more current on RVs than I am.

FIFY

• Like 1

Mask usage is 100% inside on the entire eastern seaboard near as I can tell. 95% anyway. Mask at the server place and the. Take off when seated.  But some places closed and some outdoor only. 
no masks to speak of at the beach at cape cod.  Beach was very packed, but also practicing social distancing. They had half the lot shut down and a cop letting in one car only when another car left. Very Full usage at Walmart and gas stations and the like. At the ice cream place it was order outside at door only, all with masks, but then everyone sitting down social distancing without masks. Put it on to go get your order. Rinse. Repeat. 

They are pretty serious up here about it. 
Also, lots of black lives matter signs. Saw a 20 year old white kid that put it on all his windows in masking tape. There’s nothing that feels like Texas about being up here. Not good or bad, just different. My wife got in a fight with someone on a tent last night at camp ground. Ended up with an exchange of F bombs. That’s highly unusual for my wife (I’ve seen something like that 3 times in 10 years of marriage. Kind of cracked me up- my wife had a point but she was also wrong. 
we were talking and drinking together outside rv around 11:15 quiet time is at 11:00 pm. We were r talking loud (and probably 35% of the campsite was up and outside, camp fires and the like and people talking. The tent lady kept flashing her light in my wife’s eyes (also- she wasnt supposed to have a tent per regs)

wife- is there a problem

tent lady- yeah, you are too loud and it’s past quiet time

wife- why didn’t you just ask then we would have e moved instead of flashing your light in my face

tent lady- why don’t you just shit the fuck up and move

wife- why don’t you just have an it of courtesy and not be a fucking bitch,

back and forth a little more. I was laughing. The whole thing was stupid. Wife just has an expectation that people are going to be rude up here and it’s made her a little rude. If that was directed at me I would have been like- sorry about that- we can move. 
we really weren’t being loud, and she wasn’t supposed to be in a tent in the RV area, but by the same token it was easy as fuck I move from back to front and didn’t need any F bombs,  but whatever. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

So, we got back to campsite and my kids got dropped off at the jumping pillow thing. I got out of truck and I hear them chanting “kick his ass, kick his ass, kick his ass”. My daughter confirmed that yes- that was what everyone was chanting at some little kid everyone was picking on. My kids were like- nope- that’s not the kind of shit we are used to. Not doing this. 

Not sure what to tell you about the generator - power problems suuuuck. But it’s not the RV if plugged up it works. That eliminates everything but the generator I think. The RV wonks on the other threat might help. [mention]davidg [/mention] [mention]Pato del Muerto [/mention] and others are pretty damn good at it. I’d send my talented lady friend up there but she’s busy. Ultimately for us we ended up returning two generators thinking one was jacked up. We still aren’t 100% sure but we had the same issue you did with power problems using the generators. You may need to call a local camper seller that has a service department and try and trouble shoot.