Jump to content
Parliament

All the other bad things happening in 2020: mega thread

Recommended Posts

Cedar Rapids is a tough fucking town.  Mother Nature keeps trying to wipe it off the map, and they just say "fuck you".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is where we go just about every summer and we were there last month, feeling proud of ourselves for braving the Covid, hiking right where all the fire is (Pt. Reyes National Seashore).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/07/21/texas-police-warn-motorists-caltrops-made-rebar-roadways/5483761002/

A weapon used for centuries is endangering motorists on a major roadway in Texas.

Caltrops, sometimes called "stop spikes," have been recovered by police in the state along Interstate 20 throughout July. The Smith County Sheriff's Office on July 9 reported more than 30 were recovered over a week. The sheriff's office confirmed to USA TODAY more were found Tuesday morning. 

In all, about 300 caltrops have been located, SCSO spokesman Sgt. Larry Christian told USA TODAY in an email. Some were found before the sheriff's office was made aware of the situation, he said...

 

...According to the CIA, "A caltrop is a device—usually made out of metal—with four spikes arranged in such a way that when any three spikes rest on the ground, the fourth points upward."

The agency added, "Caltrops are very useful in slowing the advance of troops attacking by vehicle or animal — horses, camels, and war elephants."

Even in the absence of war elephants in The Lone Star State (so far), caltrops are "a dangerous road hazard," according to the Smith County Sheriff's Office....

Edited by clapclapclap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean....my last-ditch strategy for dealing with this shitty year involved me going ape-shit from astride a war elephant.

Now they’re taking THAT away from me? Fuck this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was planning on cutting a swath of destruction across the gulf coast at the head of a band of rapacious cavalrymen - leaving behind only burned corpses and smoldering wreckage.

This will be but a pitiful gesture to delay your impending doom. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2020 at 6:44 AM, crash_davis said:

who had The Plague in their 2020 Bingo card?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/south-tahoe-california-bubonic-plague-resident-tests-positive/

Health officials have confirmed a case of plague at South Lake Tahoe - the first in California in five years. El Dorado County officials said Monday that the California Department of Public Health notified them of the positive test of a local resident who is under medical care while recovering at home.

Plague bacteria are most often transmitted by fleas that have acquired it from infected squirrels, chipmunks and other wild rodents. Dogs and cats may also carry plague-infected fleas.

Health officials believe the South Lake Tahoe resident may have been bitten by an infected flea while walking a dog along the Truckee River corridor or in the Tahoe Keys area on Tahoe's south shore.

Post #59.

But that was in Jina so it was kinda expected. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

It’s 2020.  It’s going to hit us.

No, it’s 2020.  Half the nation is going to see the empirical astrophysics of the asteroid and realize it will avoid us due to geometry and calculus.  The other half will credit a fellow human for redirecting the asteroid away from our planet.  
this is 85 Ditka level power over dominion kinda shit.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2020 at 10:55 PM, clapclapclap said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/07/21/texas-police-warn-motorists-caltrops-made-rebar-roadways/5483761002/

A weapon used for centuries is endangering motorists on a major roadway in Texas.

Caltrops, sometimes called "stop spikes," have been recovered by police in the state along Interstate 20 throughout July. The Smith County Sheriff's Office on July 9 reported more than 30 were recovered over a week. The sheriff's office confirmed to USA TODAY more were found Tuesday morning. 

In all, about 300 caltrops have been located, SCSO spokesman Sgt. Larry Christian told USA TODAY in an email. Some were found before the sheriff's office was made aware of the situation, he said...

 

...According to the CIA, "A caltrop is a device—usually made out of metal—with four spikes arranged in such a way that when any three spikes rest on the ground, the fourth points upward."

The agency added, "Caltrops are very useful in slowing the advance of troops attacking by vehicle or animal — horses, camels, and war elephants."

Even in the absence of war elephants in The Lone Star State (so far), caltrops are "a dangerous road hazard," according to the Smith County Sheriff's Office....

We really needed the CIA to define for us what a caltrop is and which animals were subject to being stopped by them?

Slow day I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lobo said:

No, it’s 2020.  Half the nation is going to see the empirical astrophysics of the asteroid and realize it will avoid us due to geometry and calculus.  The other half will credit a fellow human for redirecting the asteroid away from our planet.  
this is 85 Ditka level power over dominion kinda shit.  

That or they'll start rioting because they think the man is lying about it missing us when it actually will, despite what the physicist are saying. They know physicist are slaves to white male power and the capitalist regime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Parliament said:

For the umpteenth time, would somebody tell the “China sent us a virus” crowd to quit fucking opening packages from fucking China.  That weird seed, murder hornets, these worms, who knows what the  fuck else.  The dumbest fucking people in our country are opening up boxes with mandarin characters on them like “oh, it must be a Christmas in July gift from my uncle Wang in Beijing.”   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lobo said:

For the umpteenth time, would somebody tell the “China sent us a virus” crowd to quit fucking opening packages from fucking China

It's wives. They get so much shit shipped via Amazon etc. they just assume they ordered it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

It's wives. They get so much shit shipped via Amazon etc. they just assume they ordered it. 

Fucking this.

I can pretty much put up a sign by our front door that says "0 days since this house has had a package sitting on the front porch," and just leave the fucker up there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fresno Fire PIO

@FresnoFire

Currently 10 FFD units and one Clovis Engine are on scene at the airport, initial reports stated possibly 63 patients inbound, 20 potentially critical, Blackhawk helicopters are transporting 20 patients at a time to be transferred to EMS care and taken to local hospitals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

watching/listening to 4-star General Vincent Brooks this morning discussing what happened 19 years ago today on his watch, and how he sees what is the new threat to America.  Very eye-opening.  My god, our enemies no longer come from without, but rather from within.  Powerful stuff.  We haven't learned a fucking thing.  They couldn't do it from outside, so we're doing it from within.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, workswithseed said:

The one before the frog, obviously.

Well, if they get a frog plague, that's about the best place for it to happen - they'll be eating well for weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...