Jump to content
clapclapclap

Summer riots/protests damage & tactics documentation thread (no politics, please)

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, MillerEP said:

Inside view of the PPA building:

Personally, I don't think this tactic is the best way to get the populace on your side:

 

Are we sure these people are Fascists? Cause violent protests, intimidation tactics sure seem like something that Fascists tend to do.

Edited by Brothahorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Are we sure these people are Fascists? Cause violent protests, intimidation tactics sure seem like something that Fascists tend to do.

Nope peaceful protesters. That's all they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Are we sure these people are Fascists? Cause violent protests, intimidation tactics sure seem like something that Fascists tend to do.

Can you define "fascist" for me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

A picture is worth a 1000 words

troops-SA-hands-Jews-University-of-Vienn

692311004.0.jpg

Love the no fascists (Nazis) badge on the fascist.  Same tactics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Literal picture-book intellects.

lol fuck me running

c4b822d890fe6d90358f5e2f2561cd56.jpg

ANTIFA isn't fascist at all. Words have meanings. Fascism is authoritarian ultranationalism. They fail both parts of the definition.

Public harassment/violence to combat opposition is a tool fascists have used, but it's also a tool for anarchists and democrats (small d) and theocrats and every ideological group you could imagine aside from, I guess, pacifists.

Not everything you dislike is Hitler.
Not everything you dislike is Stalin.

This reminds me of how a certain type of person compares everything to Harry Potter and Twitter yells "READ ANOTHER BOOK!" at them. Same thing here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Cajun is obviously trolling, but I'm going to answer sincerely.

I think trolling is against the rules of the forum. Let's see.

She assumed the officer's gender because the officer was presenting as male.

If the officer was misgendered, then the way to handle that is to say, "I am a woman."

That's how it works.

I don't know what this question means. I don't think you do, either, so I'll do my best to conjure meaning from this and I apologize if I'm off-base...

Misgendering people accidentally isn't a problem and it's not an "outrage". If you appear to me to be presenting as male and identify as female and I assume you are a male then the response is rarely/never, "HOW FUCKING DARE YOU!" from trans people. Unfortunately, this is something trans people have to deal with all the time and their #1 move is to just take it and internalize it. The #2 move MIGHT be a quiet, "I'm a woman."

The screaming, howling trans person in your "what an outrage!" scenario is a bigoted, transphobic cartoon character that doesn't really exist in real life.

Perhaps, but that wasn't the case so I'm not sure how it is relevant.

 

Actually, nobody gives a shit about you opinion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this thread continues to be the best example of internet disease on the site. ya'll take it easy. try talking to some people in person i think. it would do you good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Literal picture-book intellects.

lol fuck me running

c4b822d890fe6d90358f5e2f2561cd56.jpg

ANTIFA isn't fascist at all. Words have meanings. Fascism is authoritarian ultranationalism. They fail both parts of the definition.

Public harassment/violence to combat opposition is a tool fascists have used, but it's also a tool for anarchists and democrats (small d) and theocrats and every ideological group you could imagine aside from, I guess, pacifists.

Not everything you dislike is Hitler.
Not everything you dislike is Stalin.

This reminds me of how a certain type of person compares everything to Harry Potter and Twitter yells "READ ANOTHER BOOK!" at them. Same thing here.

Well their mob rule/demands are authoritarian and ultra-unnationalism. Threatening citizens and business owners if they don’t bend the knee to their elementary school ideology. But fascists is way too much credit. Born losers seems more apt. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sgt Hulk said:

I fee like BT is the type of guy that puts a cast iron skillet in the dishwasher

Man, now yer just being nasty....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

If motherfuckers tried this shit in St. John's area of austin... 

Fuck that, I want to see them in Pleasant Grove... Roll that chanting, threats and other nonsense out and try and intimidate a bunch Dallas Groverats and see how that plays out. Frankly, I suspect the average Groverat would enjoy the distraction from their boredom.

Edited by BurntEyes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Well their mob rule/demands are authoritarian and ultra-unnationalism.

Mob rule is the opposite of authoritarianism.

"ultra-unnationalism" is... what? Are you having a stroke?

Quote

But fascists is way too much credit. Born losers seems more apt. 

So fascists are winners?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Love the no fascists (Nazis) badge on the fascist.  Same tactics.

And same race, all of them, both pics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Mob rule is the opposite of authoritarianism.

"ultra-unnationalism" is... what? Are you having a stroke?

So fascists are winners?

 

I’m sorry, were we not speaking authentic anarchist gibberish?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

I’m sorry, were we not speaking authentic anarchist gibberish?

"Authoritarian" and "nationalist"/"ultranationalist" are pretty normal terms in conversations about ideology and these types of movements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I fee like BT is the type of guy that puts a cast iron skillet in the dishwasher

like he would own a cast iron skillet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dcar00 said:

like he would own a cast iron skillet...

That is funny. I am going to use that. 

But he is no demi-pub or repo-crat.

Wrong tribe or . . . how does one put it . . . cabal?

Hook 'em.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...