USMNT 2021

Napoleon

19 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I was just offering an unsolicited opinion, not responding to anything other than his continued suckage. 

Two years ago I thought that he would be the first choice #9 for the next decade or so. Basically until after the 2030 World Cup.

I felt that Weah could be useful and maybe play some wing/second striker, but that Sargent had the size, savvy, strength, skill, and composure to grab the #9 jersey and not let it go. Maybe that would have been the case if he had chosen a better club than Bremen, but that shitty choice led to another shitty choice which has led to him sucking ass for the time being. 

He needs to get the hell out of Norwich as fast as he can. Maybe go to a different German club, a French club, a Spanish club, even an Italian club, but stay away from cellar dwellers no matter where he goes. I don’t think that he currently remembers how a good club flows, nor which runs he should be making, which direction to one-touch the ball… just what it is like to be a creative member of a team that plays positive football. 

I would loan him out to Feyenoord right now if I could and have van Persie sit with him every single day till he figures this out. I mean its not a lack of effort on his part, and he has shown more than enough flashes on occasion but damn is it frustraiting. 

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

Dest with a tough miss in El Clasico. He did assist on their goal very late.

O… M… G… 

😳

I think that it would have helped if it had NOT been touched by Memphis, but…

“WOW!” [/Owen Wilson]

102F5D80-CB6D-4F95-8998-8BB2DD812589.gif

Edited by Napoleon

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

I'll let my Chelsea fan address my USMNT fan - good luck getting him for November. Hopefully the next window.

If Pulisic is training now, he will be playing in Cincinnati. With Jamaica not being a red list country (no countries are anymore) I don’t see how they can restrict him. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

If Pulisic is training now, he will be playing in Cincinnati. With Jamaica not being a red list country (no countries are anymore) I don’t see how they can restrict him. 

Because our attacking depth is shit right now and we are trying to win a premeir league title. Also he's coming off an injury he suffered... in CONCACAF. Absolutely no one at Chelsea wants him to play this window. 

It will at least be a conversation. I'd lean him playing for us (NT) but I'd prepare yourself for either outcome. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

I didn't think Chelsea would have a choice - isn't that the rule?

Of course, they can always fake an injury and for CP's long term health, I think sitting this window out would be best.

The US could have him checked out by their own doctor and give him the green light to play. Chelsea would have no choice.

The way the international competition windows are structured, team don't have much they can do to restrict players. That's why the COVID red list thing for the UK was such a big deal, but ultimately had no teeth, the teams really couldn't block any moves (they way they can on friendly windows).

Don't get me wrong, if we were talking about his long term health, even Pulisic has to stand up and say "I can't go" to the US. And I am not watching as closely as Chelsea fans.

But what I am saying is that if Pulisic is able to play, even at 85%, he's likely gonna play. Though Brohlater needs to make sure to limit his minutes, because I am sure he isn't even close to match fitness at all right now. He hasn't played for Chelsea since mid August?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

But what I am saying is that if Pulisic is able to play, even at 85%, he's likely gonna play. Though Brohlater needs to make sure to limit his minutes, because I am sure he isn't even close to match fitness at all right now. He hasn't played for Chelsea since mid August?

His last action was the game vs. Honduras. Has been sidelined since.

If his first action back is vs Mexico, I agree, he should have his minutes heavily limited as a super sub kind of role.

5 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

The US could have him checked out by their own doctor and give him the green light to play. Chelsea would have no choice.

The way the international competition windows are structured, team don't have much they can do to restrict players. That's why the COVID red list thing for the UK was such a big deal, but ultimately had no teeth, the teams really couldn't block any moves (they way they can on friendly windows).

Don't get me wrong, if we were talking about his long term health, even Pulisic has to stand up and say "I can't go" to the US. And I am not watching as closely as Chelsea fans.

On top of that name me one club that blocked a healthy National Team Captain from a World Cup Qualifier. There is no way in hell any EPL team would do that. 

3 hours ago, shnsajax said:

On top of that name me one club that blocked a healthy National Team Captain from a World Cup Qualifier. There is no way in hell any EPL team would do that. 

Liverpool. Salah. Egypt. September. 

Yes they would.

And I’m not just picking on them, there were 60 players held out by English Clubs, he was the easiest captain to figure out. 

Here is the whole list- https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league-players-blocked-travel-red-list-countries-international-break-full-list-1167627

Edited by Captain Ron

9 hours ago, dieucla98 said:

I didn't think Chelsea would have a choice - isn't that the rule?

Of course, they can always fake an injury and for CP's long term health, I think sitting this window out would be best.

Yeah I don't think Chelsea can block him from playing but they can urge him to sit out. 

I will take my comment and actually go further. If the clubs could stop any of their players from international play, they absolutely would do it, that might include the World Cup.

The year around calendar is a beating on these guys. Most of the top players never get real rest and fully healthy. The clubs are the ones paying the big salaries and have the most to lose with zero gain from international play. Their interest would be club season and full rest in the off season.

The EPL teams probably loved the red list because it gave them an out with blessing of the FA. But there was a reason that FIFA stepped in for the 2nd qualification window. 

54 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

I will take my comment and actually go further. If the clubs could stop any of their players from international play, they absolutely would do it, that might include the World Cup.

The year around calendar is a beating on these guys. Most of the top players never get real rest and fully healthy. The clubs are the ones paying the big salaries and have the most to lose with zero gain from international play. Their interest would be club season and full rest in the off season.

The EPL teams probably loved the red list because it gave them an out with blessing of the FA. But there was a reason that FIFA stepped in for the 2nd qualification window. 

If they move to having the WC every two years then all bets are out the window and I would even encourage clubs to do this. 

Edited by shnsajax

DETAILED ROSTER BY POSITION (CLUB/COUNTRY; CAPS/GOALS):

GOALKEEPERS (3): Sean Johnson (New York City FC; 9/0), Zack Steffen (Manchester City/ENG; 24/0), Matt Turner (New England Revolution; 12/0)

DEFENDERS (9): Reggie Cannon (Boavista/POR; 22/1), Mark McKenzie (Genk/BEL; 8/0), Chris Richards (Hoffenheim/GER; 4/0), Antonee Robinson (Fulham/ENG; 17/1), Miles Robinson (Atlanta United; 14/3), Joe Scally (Borussia Mönchengladbach/GER; 0/0), Sam Vines (Royal Antwerp/BEL; 8/1), DeAndre Yedlin (Galatasaray/TUR; 69/0), Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC; 20/2)

MIDFIELDERS (7): Kellyn Acosta (Colorado Rapids; 42/2), Tyler Adams (RB Leipzig/GER; 20/1), Gianluca Busio (Venezia/ITA; 7/0), Sebastian Lletget (LA Galaxy; 33/8), Weston McKennie (Juventus/ITA; 27/7), Yunus Musah (Valencia/ESP; 9/0), Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders; 29/0)

FORWARDS (6): Brenden Aaronson (Red Bull Salzburg/AUT; 13/5), Paul Arriola (D.C. United; 41/8), Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas; 2/2), Ricardo Pepi (FC Dallas; 4/3), Christian Pulisic (Chelsea/ENG; 40/16), Tim Weah (Lille/FRA; 16/1)

• Hook 'Em 2

Dest is out so Yedlin will probably start both games.  Arriola will definitely start at least one game (Greggggggg tried to start him all three games last cycle until he was injured during the CR warm up).  Lletget and Roldan will both play but hopefully only as subs.

Never forget that Greggggg has no idea what he is doing.

• Rage+1 1

The ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME players?!?!?

DEFENSE is fine... whatever. At least we're not seeing Shaq Moore again. And Bello just isn't ready, though he does have excellent speed and played well in the Gold Cup Final before being subbed off in the second half. Sam Vines is not a favorite of mine, but he can provide support off the bench. 

MIDFIELD: Sebastian Lletget & Cristian Roldan (What in the actual fuck?)

FORWARD: I hope that Pulisic is a 2nd half sub against Mexico and then goes back to England..

Jesus Ferreira isn't a traditional #9, he's a second striker, a #11. I hope that Gregg understands this. He would be best if played WITH Pepi, not an either/or. 

Ricardo Pepi is the only full-time #9 that he brought in. If he needs to be replaced, I would go with Weah in that exact spot before I would go with Ferreira. But...

...If I'm going to play Jesus up front, then he's going to be a #9, not a "false 9". Let him be the focal point of the attack. Play him into space. Don't be a bitch and try to complicate shit. There are #9s around the world who are lighter and/or many pounds left than Ferreira. There is no reason that he can't play it if needed, but I prefer him as a 2nd striker/front in a 4-4-2.

Really kind of worried about what games Gregg has in mind for these lineups. He absolutely loves to fuck around and find out.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

The ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME players?!?!?

DEFENSE is fine... whatever. At least we're not seeing Shaq Moore again. And Bello just isn't ready, though he does have excellent speed and played well in the Gold Cup Final before being subbed off in the second half. Sam Vines is not a favorite of mine, but he can provide support off the bench. 

MIDFIELD: Sebastian Lletget & Cristian Roldan (What in the actual fuck?)

FORWARD: I hope that Pulisic is a 2nd half sub against Mexico and then goes back to England..

Jesus Ferreira isn't a traditional #9, he's a second striker, a #11. I hope that Gregg understands this. He would be best if played WITH Pepi, not an either/or. 

Ricardo Pepi is the only full-time #9 that he brought in. If he needs to be replaced, I would go with Weah in that exact spot before I would go with Ferreira. But...

...If I'm going to play Jesus up front, then he's going to be a #9, not a "false 9". Let him be the focal point of the attack. Play him into space. Don't be a bitch and try to complicate shit. There are #9s around the world who are lighter and/or many pounds left than Ferreira. There is no reason that he can't play it if needed, but I prefer him as a 2nd striker/front in a 4-4-2.

Really kind of worried about what games Gregg has in mind for these lineups. He absolutely loves to fuck around and find out.

On defense, I was wondering about the John Brooks omission.

No question about Lletget and Roldan. I would love to see de la Fuente get  another shot ahead of those stiffs.

I would also like to see Dike get back in the mix too.

Edited by Captain Ron

5 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

On defense, I was wondering about the John Brooks omission.

No question about Lletget and Roldan. I would love to see de la Fuente get  another shot ahead of those stiffs.

I would also like to see Dike get back in the mix too.

Dike has been on a roll as of late (some of which are on PK's) and would be a handful as a late sub vs Mexico if needed. 

• Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, alincoln said:

Brooks hasn't been at his best but he has been much better than McKenzie who the US soccer media loves to make excuses for.  McKenzie has repeatedly sucked.

In addition to shitty performances and a lack of desire for the USMNT, apparently (from YouTube vloggers and commenters) Brooks has been a malcontent and has spouted off a bit in some anti-Gregg tweets or quotes or ____????____, which is understandable, but Brooks has been a liability and against Mexico, he would get spun around like a top. I'm not a coach or a former top player, but he makes me nervous these days rather than confident.

We love to hate on Tim Ream, but he's been extremely solid for the USMNT this year. I don't know the reason for that, but it's been the case, so I would have been fine seeing him called in this window, especially if we are planning to play a back 3 at some point in this window.

11 hours ago, shnsajax said:

Dike has been on a roll as of late (some of which are on PK's) and would be a handful as a late sub vs Mexico if needed. 

I would have liked to have seen Dike called in. I don't think that we have a limit, so why not call him in and run him out against Jamaica? or maybe even have him just be a bull against Mexican defenders.

I definitely want to see a chunk of The Wonder Gemelos, Pepi & Ferreira, together up top, but there is also plenty of time in two matches against drastically different opponents to see some Dike out there.

FC DALLAS IN THE HOUSE !!

FC Dallas Academy Alums:
1) Reggie Cannon
2) Kellyn Acosta
3) Weston McKennie
4) Ricardo Pepi
5) Jesús Ferreira

FC Dallas Selection in the MLS Super Draft who broke into the MLS with Dallas:
6) Walker Zimmerman

6 out of 25 players is 24% of the entire squad were molded by FC Dallas' fighting Best of the Bottom 3 in the West, which means Best In Texas!

The USMNT, a.k.a. "Frisco United & Friends", is ready to rumble!

Edited by Napoleon
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1