Dallas Cowboys 2021 Offseason Thread: Fuck It All

Vic Mackey

Lmao at him turning it down because of their commitment and his chance to have success but then accepts an extension with the definition of a mediocre franchise this millennium. I honestly have a feeling Jerry and this front office told him he was on a path to be the next head coach and to let Fat Mike run its course ala Jason Garrett when Wade was here. Mike will not get the leash that Garrett did at all. He will go the way of Wade, which is he can easily be fired during the season. Get ready for your next desperate attempt at molding a young coach from Jerry and this team. Never ending cycle of shit.

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Lmao at him turning it down because of their commitment and his chance to have success but then accepts an extension with the definition of a mediocre franchise this millennium. I honestly have a feeling Jerry and this front office told him he was on a path to be the next head coach and to let Fat Mike run its course ala Jason Garrett when Wade was here. Mike will not get the leash that Garrett did at all. He will go the way of Wade, which is he can easily be fired during the season. Get ready for your next desperate attempt at molding a young coach from Jerry and this team. Never ending cycle of shit.

yep the HCIW promise.

35 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

That's pretty crazy even by NFL fan standards, is there some kind of context for that?

Tad is being sensitive because he doesn’t understand that when his brother plays qb for the team with the largest fan base in the sport, there are going to be a few idiots that don’t like him and his brother. I would hope Dak’s skin is a LITTLE thicker. 

31 minutes ago, futureman said:

it’s just a handful of idiots. handfuls of idiots exist everywhere in the world.  it’s remarkably unremarkable. 

For once we agree. The people who over inflate the ramblings of internet critics (especially on platforms like Twitter which has a relatively small user base) and react to anything they say as if it's of consequence or meaningful in anyway are kinda telling on themselves. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

4 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I just thought that maybe there was some story behind it.  I guess the story is he's criticized the fanbase in the past.  Either way it's kind of dumb on both ends.  Drawing attention to these idiots is like throwing a beacon up for more idiots.

For the last two off seasons Tad has been extremely vocal about us not getting a deal done. Felt like his brother was getting disrespected by the organization. Whatever, I get it. But to come back around and talk about “so called fans” and all that shit. C’mon. Stfu Tad. Look in the mirror and realize you’re being sensitive.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I just thought that maybe there was some story behind it.  I guess the story is he's criticized the fanbase in the past.  Either way it's kind of dumb on both ends.  Drawing attention to these idiots is like throwing a beacon up for more idiots.

It comes from this. He posted this yesterday and caught a lot of shit from Dallas fans. 

It comes from this. He posted this yesterday and caught a lot of shit from Dallas fans. 

So he is saying that if dak were to go to maybe minn or NYJ he would then be a fan of that team?

WHOA. Thats a HSO for sure. Family members tend to continue to for the previous team they played for.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, futureman said:

if pitts is there would you not grab him? he’s gotta be the best TE prospect in several years. dak needs all the help he can get. 

Honestly I hope someone just drafts him before 10 and the defensive players keep falling. I don’t want us to have to make that decision. I think we have all the weapons we need, but pitts would be really hard to pass on. He would almost certainly be BPA at 10 if he’s still there.

Just now, youdunnf'dup said:

Honestly I hope someone just drafts him before 10 and the defensive players keep falling. I don’t want us to have to make that decision. I think we have all the weapons we need, but pitts would be really hard to pass on. He would almost certainly be BPA at 10 if he’s still there.

I think we are losing one of Cooper or Gallup very soon. probably Gallup. and Pitts would get us a lot of points in the red zone. he’s so damn good. serious comment, I think I’d want us to take him if he’s there. 

11 hours ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Really? I've been thinking LT.

I really hope they learned their lesson trying to build this great wall OL and using so much resources on it when it flopped in retrospect. I believe at one point, we were far and away the top team who used the biggest percentage of the cap on our OL. We thought we needed a top round pick at every single position. We don't. And the 90s OL was definitely not that. I would be curious to go up and down the lists of the past 5-7 years and see all the successful teams percentage of the cap used on the OL and the resources used.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

So he is saying that if dak were to go to maybe minn or NYJ he would then be a fan of that team?

WHOA. Thats a HSO for sure. Family members tend to continue to for the previous team they played for.

It ruffled some feathers that he might have been insinuating that Dak was planning on leaving here. Either way, pretty fucking stupid reactions to wish death on him because of that lol. Even though Tad loves the spotlight and uses Dak for attention and getting his name out there. I don't follow him on social media but I heard this is what he does.

37 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I really hope they learned their lesson trying to build this great wall OL and using so much resources on it when it flopped in retrospect. I believe at one point, we were far and away the top team who used the biggest percentage of the cap on our OL. We thought we needed a top round pick at every single position. We don't. And the 90s OL was definitely not that. I would be curious to go up and down the lists of the past 5-7 years and see all the successful teams percentage of the cap used on the OL and the resources used.

I agree, but if there’s one spot where you want to pay up and use a high pick, it’s LT. I don’t think you should be using a first round pick on any other OL position but LT. If we’re signing Dak, I want a good LT. You need to spend up for that. 

There’s a big part of me that wishes Tyron smith would just retire so we don’t have to do this dance anymore. He’s had a great career, but this “when Tyron comes back healthy things will be fine” shit needs to stop. 

2 hours ago, futureman said:

I think we are losing one of Cooper or Gallup very soon. probably Gallup. and Pitts would get us a lot of points in the red zone. he’s so damn good. serious comment, I think I’d want us to take him if he’s there. 

You’re probably right. I wouldn’t hate that pick just because how special he looks. But man, if we can get a top 10 caliber corner, that’s an easy decision for me. We suck at drafting defense as it is. I’d rather take my chances on a consensus top 3 corner in this draft. 

21 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

As far as the next NFL draft- take the best defensive player on the board and don't think twice

I mean it's not that simple.  The problem is this draft is NOT great outside of QB's and WR's at the top of the draft.  Not a single elite defensive prospect outside of Parsons, who's ALSO a project himself(and let's not take another Off Ball LB that high again please!!!).

The first round literally needs to be the BEST, most talented player full stop.  Except QB(you only need 1 if you already have that franchise player) unless they really are stupidly moving on from him.

The CB's aren't really Top 10 calibur either, but hopefully that means the best one(Fairley) is still availabe

3 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

You’re probably right. I wouldn’t hate that pick just because how special he looks. But man, if we can get a top 10 caliber corner, that’s an easy decision for me. We suck at drafting defense as it is. I’d rather take my chances on a consensus top 3 corner in this draft. 

I wouldn't mind either.

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Thank GOD

24 minutes ago, Machinator said:

It’s funny because he isn’t a good DC, but you know our defensive players are dumb as shit. I don’t think it’s a full on coincidence that Marinelli had to dumb down our defense to the point where it was basically a high school varsity base defense. 

If the Broncos fire Vic fangio he’d be my number one option. They won’t fire him but I’d look at Vance Joseph in Arizona if Kliff gets fired. Gus Bradley maybe, now that Anthony Lynn got fired.

I’m just spit balling here because I haven’t done any research on how they’ve done lately. I just kind of going off what I hear talking heads say. But I’d get an immediate chub if we hired fangio. 

I really think we can do better. Not sure how much credit you give Quinn for the legion of boom, but we don’t exactly have that. Plus, they emphasized defensive holding a lot because of his secondary. And to top it all off, Atlanta was a mediocre to above average defense from the moment he was fired 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

On 1/4/2021 at 12:39 PM, Vic Mackey said:

No real rhyme or reason when he went for 2 and didn't. It really all started week 1 when he bypassed a FG to tie the game and went for it. Then a playcall is called by Kellen that was short of the sticks. He challenged a total of 2 plays all year. He decided not to challenge yesterday and the Giants got 3. I don't mind rolling the dice and being aggressive but at least be consistent with it. 

He's a guy that goes with his gut.

• Haha 1

Dan Quinn? He's nothing more than Mike McCarthy for DC. A failed retread. Pass. 

I wish we could have seen what Richard could have did with his own voice and implementing his own defense. Not calling Marinelli's scheme.

But thank god we purged Nolan. He was beyond terrible. He makes Marinelli look like Vince Lombardi. 

Defense needs a big infusion of talent or they will continue to be dog piss no matter what DC we hire. Our DTs, LBs, and secondary were all bad. Gave up 30 points a game and that's with the pathetic Eagles, Giants, and Skins offenses for six of those games. 

Considering there's no interesting pass rushers at #10 give me Farley or Patrick Surtain II.

Edited by Loch Ness Monster

31 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Defense needs a big infusion of talent or they will continue to be dog piss no matter what DC we hire. Our DTs, LBs, and secondary were all bad. Gave up 30 points a game and that's with the pathetic Eagles, Giants, and Skins offenses for six of those games. 

Considering there's no interesting pass rushers at #10 give me Farley or Patrick Surtain II.

We don't need pass rushers. That is our problem. We keep trying to build the defense outside in. I get it, the pass rushers and DBs are the "sexy" positions. But until we actually put value in DTs and safeties, this defense will be bad. Our DTs are pathetic. Which is why teams can gash us in the run. They get zero pressure up the middle on pass plays, which is where QBs hate pressure the most. And with safeties, ours have been horrible forever now and we wonder why we get torched so often over top. The middle of the field down the field is constantly wide open. We go cheap at both of these spots. DT is more of a need for me. Weak DTs can expose LBs as well and good ones can mask some of their weaknesses because guys aren't getting to the second level with ease and exposing them constantly. This defense was exposed during that Rams playoff game but they never tried to fix it. 

19 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Supposed to be a weak draft at the top for interior DL, FYI.

Yeah, maybe pick up a DL in 3rd or 4th Rds??  Might make sense to trade down from #10 and add an extra draft pick...

Right now the Cowboys projected 2021 draft picks*

• 1st Rd  #10
  • 2nd Rd  #44
  • 3rd Rd   #75
  • 4th Rd.  #106
  • 5th Rd    none
  • 6th Rd    #168 (from Detroit)
  • 7th Rd.  #202

*not including compensatory picks

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/full_draft

Edited by LTtxfan
typo

4 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

I mean yeah, would love a Fletcher Cox or Aaron Donald but not sure that guy is there at #10.

I am just talking in general on the mindset of this front office. They think DTs and safeties are worthless. When that is the furthest thing from the truth. Go look at all our playoff losses this decade and the main theme. Terrible safety play, little to no pressure up the middle. Either the QB feasted or they ran it down our throats. You would think after awhile they might realize those positions are important. But they allowed Heath to be a starter for years and gave Crawford an extension so yeah...

2 hours ago, Fire Jack Chevigny said:

Cowboys interviewing Joe Whitt, Jr. for the DC job on Sunday according to Tom Pelissero.

McCarthy had this guy as 1A behind Nolan for DC last year... what a dumbass move if the Jones' allow this shitshow hire for DC !!!I

Edited by LTtxfan
Damn Autocorrect
  • Like 1

On 1/7/2021 at 10:50 AM, futureman said:

it’s just a handful of idiots. handfuls of idiots exist everywhere in the world.  it’s remarkably unremarkable. 

Yet so many people seem to forget it and group all the outlying idiots with the rest of the group.  It’s almost like we didn’t learn the concept of fucking bell curves in fucking middle school.

13 hours ago, DougO said:

I would be disappoint if that hire were to happen. Give it to Edwards or somebody else who would use the Zimmer style scheme, much quicker fix if they can get a good 3-tech.

Yeah please Edwards before the Whitt shitshow...

COWBOYS COORDINATOR SCOOP - Whitt, Quinn, McClay and More from Frisco