Jump to content

FBI Director Chris Wray Testifies in Congress


Recommended Posts

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

I mean, yay, but I'm starting to question the point of congressional hearings.  They aren't criminal trials.  Does anything ever come of them?

Good television?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I mean, yay, but I'm starting to question the point of congressional hearings.  They aren't criminal trials.  Does anything ever come of them?

I'm guessing about the only thing that will come from them is a Congressional accounting.  Worthless, but there for future historians....assuming we're not a dictatorship, of course. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I mean, yay, but I'm starting to question the point of congressional hearings.  They aren't criminal trials.  Does anything ever come of them?

Most congressional hearings are worthless.  However, Wray has eluded scrutiny since 1/6.  He never held a press conference, he never did an interview.  This one is a bigger deal than most. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

some of the testimony will make for a good title card intro text about the Sons of Jacob in the final 2025 episodes of "The Handmaid's Tale Season 6: It Was Supposed to be a Work of Fiction you Assholes!" on Hulu8: The Ocho

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

I mean, yay, but I'm starting to question the point of congressional hearings.  They aren't criminal trials.  Does anything ever come of them?

You're catching on.  They are the wrong institution to investigate anything in 75/100 cases or more.

Ostensibly, there is some public disclosure, some disinfection by illumination, but nobody has the stomach to watch the damned things for the most part.

So it's an opportunity for grandstanding and the elected to say "see, I did something" without actually having to do anything that requires political courage or action.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

You're catching on.  They are the wrong institution to investigate anything in 75/100 cases or more.

Ostensibly, there is some public disclosure, some disinfection by illumination, but nobody has the stomach to watch the damned things for the most part.

So it's an opportunity for grandstanding and the elected to say "see, I did something" without actually having to do anything that requires political courage or action.

Agree with most of this and sometimes the most telling things about these hearings are the questions not asked.  
 

These hearings suck but on some fronts they’re all we have of public facing accountability. As with many things, we could do better.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

 

That’s the most terrifying thing about the fake Trump protesters: they were able to join the January 6 insurrection while leaving no evidence of their presence. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BrickHorn said:

That’s the most terrifying thing about the fake Trump protesters: they were able to join the January 6 insurrection while leaving no evidence of their presence. 

Justice Thomas?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

That’s the most terrifying thing about the fake Trump protesters: they were able to join the January 6 insurrection while leaving no evidence of their presence. 

image.gif.aa78a3902c2718679cbbdc8b90c3e1a2.gif

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Legislation.

This is, or should be, the correct answer.

Particularly today, when the various factions of Representatives regurgitate different versions of reality, it is needed.  Before you can address a problem, it needs to be defined.  That definition shouldn't be by lobbyists or factionalized media.  If Congressman Dumbfuck from Florida wants to claim that the real problem on January 6th was Antifa, let's put that out in front of Congress to vet it.  Will it make a difference to Congressman Dumbfuck? Probably not, as Matt is too busy selling his version of reality to be bother by its veracity.  But the tool is still there, regardless if the Congressmen chose to use it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Wray sucks and I pray Biden finds a way to replace him.  

Finds a way? I mean, he could have replaced him when he took office if he wanted to...he's sticking with the 10 year precedent. Because he loves his traditions. 

I don't have an opinion on Wray to know whether or not he sucks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As I watched Josh "I look like a date rapist" Hawley question Director Wray and whine about the FBI collecting metadata and banking information on his supporters/insurrectionists, I could not help but smile. I thought back to when George Bush and the Republicans used 9/11 to get all these powers, because it was okay, they were only destroying the rights of Muslim Americans and brown citizens, to now have the Republicans cry about phone companies and banks divulging client info to the FBI because its the whites, it's just the chef's kiss of America. 

 

  • Fuck Around and Find Out 3
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

That’s the most terrifying thing about the fake Trump protesters: they were able to join the January 6 insurrection while leaving no evidence of their presence. 

Probably the same fuckers who hacked into the voting machines. This goes all the way to the top. The tip top.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

As I watched Josh "I look like a date rapist" Hawley question Director Wray and whine about the FBI collecting metadata and banking information on his supporters/insurrectionists, I could not help but smile. I thought back to when George Bush and the Republicans used 9/11 to get all these powers, because it was okay, they were only destroying the rights of Muslim Americans and brown citizens, to now have the Republicans cry about phone companies and banks divulging client info to the FBI because its the whites, it's just the chef's kiss of America. 

 

i laughed at this to get over my outrage at hawley even being a part of the proceedings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Finds a way? I mean, he could have replaced him when he took office if he wanted to...he's sticking with the 10 year precedent. Because he loves his traditions. 

I don't have an opinion on Wray to know whether or not he sucks. 

Yeah, if Wray had any integrity, he would have resigned when Biden was inaugurated, given the way he was installed and the violent insurrection that occurred under his watch. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

That’s the most terrifying thing about the fake Trump protesters: they were able to join the January 6 insurrection while leaving no evidence of their presence. 

Just think of everyone the Clintons murdered without leaving a trace of evidence that would allow them to be charged in a court of law. They must be the smartest people on earth. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

As I watched Josh "I look like a date rapist" Hawley question Director Wray and whine about the FBI collecting metadata and banking information on his supporters/insurrectionists, I could not help but smile. I thought back to when George Bush and the Republicans used 9/11 to get all these powers, because it was okay, they were only destroying the rights of Muslim Americans and brown citizens, to now have the Republicans cry about phone companies and banks divulging client info to the FBI because its the whites, it's just the chef's kiss of America.

George W. Bush expanded NSA surveillance of Americans well before 9/11. 

  • Rage+1 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
√ó
√ó
  • Create New...