2021 NCAA Tournament - Meta thread

Machinator

Just now, Underdog said:

Looking like I chose poorly picking GTown here. 

Same. Did we all underrate the P12 and overrate the B1G after all this?  Based on early results 

Edited by Js1

Yeah, it’s a funny name, and everyone loves an upset, especially when it’s the fucknuts. But I’m guessing America won’t necessarily “love” them when they find out who Oral Robert’s was. Every bit the fraud as today’s fraudsters, but one of the first to do it nationwide on tv.

38A548C5-5B07-41DA-9AB0-DD4482B2B64D.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Yeah, it’s a funny name, and everyone loves an upset, especially when it’s the fucknuts. But I’m guessing America won’t necessarily “love” them when they find out who Oral Robert’s was. Every bit the fraud as today’s fraudsters, but one of the first to do it nationwide on tv.

38A548C5-5B07-41DA-9AB0-DD4482B2B64D.jpeg

Found myself in a weird position rooting for ORU over OSU. Oral Roberts was a revolutionary among epic piles of shit.

Fuck em all. Hook em 

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Makes me wonder if the Pac is better than people were saying.  I think I like UCLA tonight. 

I would have liked Mich St a bit better but it certainly could be a toss up type game. BYU isn't a slouch. They kept it tight with Zaga for 30-35 minutes which is more than most teams in the country can say.

Sometimes I feel like upset picks are too sexy to where people wind up ignoring why that team was seeded what they are. Georgetown is a good example of this. 

The BEST picks every year for higher seeds to make a run seem to be the ones that don't get much attention - like UNT who now has a good shot at the SS. 

(Not saying I picked UNT - I had Purdue in my SS)

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

This is such a mediocre Kansas team. I think they probably stick this one out but I wouldn't be confident in them at all in the next round. 

And I know they're missing some juice - but Kansas should be 10-12 deep every year. This just isn't one of those teams.

Edited by ztejas

• Machinator changed the title to 2021 NCAA Tournament - Meta thread