2021 NCAA Tournament - Meta thread

Machinator

1 minute ago, Hozz said:

It was ruled no contest...I think that means you get your money back in Vegas, on either team.  Now, how will it be handled in brackets?  Oregon advances but you get no points for them in round 1 is what I would guess.

Yeah bettors just get a refund 

6 minutes ago, Hozz said:

It was ruled no contest...I think that means you get your money back in Vegas, on either team.  Now, how will it be handled in brackets?  Oregon advances but you get no points for them in round 1 is what I would guess.

Found the answer.

4 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Worth clicking his tweet, he's adding more details every few minutes.

Dang, the NCAA has welded the doors to their rooms.

Can’t risk it spreading. Put them in hazmat suits and lead them out in the dead of night. 

16 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Best to my recollection, Rick is 0-2 vs Dean in the NCAAT.  Not sure if he's ever matched up with Roy in it.   And a lot of Dean's pros/cons of his tournament resume was when you had to win your conference to even get in it and when you did, had to deal with that school out West who was kicking everyone's ass.  Pretty much the rest of the country was Oakland, Miami, Dallas, Houston having to deal with the Steelers in their heyday. 

Yeah but when Rick was up against Dean my guess is that wasn’t a fair fight from a program perspective. I know smith had some great run of making a jillion sweet 16’s in a row but he always seemed to go home a round or two before he should have in my mind. I was little for most of the end of his career and missed his salad days though. 

At this point how is playing a sporting event with a covid positive athlete too risky?  Too risky for who?  Why weren't all these dudes vaccinated?

2 minutes ago, SDG said:

Found the answer.

So for the layman that means any money line, point spread or O/U bet just on that game is void and your wager is refunded.  If you had any of that in a parlay, your parlay is actioned as if you had not included this game in it.  So you don't lose your parlay wager based on this but your payout if you win your parlay will be reduced because your odds have improved with one less leg in it.  Future wagers are action means if you had bet VCU would get out of the first round or to the sweet 16, elite 8, etc.  you lose.  If you had Oregon advances to whatever the round of 32 is called, you win.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

False negatives, maybe? Anecdotally I know two people who tested negative for Covid when they starting feeling symptoms, before testing positive later. It would only take one dude bringing it into the practice gym to give it to the whole team, it's a perfect environment to spread it.

Edited by BradInATX

It always cracks me up when dudes accidentally hit a 3 off the glass and then flex their way back down the court. Mother fucker, you missed by two feet and got lucky.

Random thought of the day brought to you by whiskey.

Edited by BradInATX

It's funny because I find regular season college basketball to be a beating.  I can't watch it.  Not even Texas.  Too many open missed shots and too many fouls.  But man, I don't miss a minute of the tournament.  I think the 4 days of the first two rounds are the greatest thing in sports.  I can't believe we missed out on this last year.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, orangecat92 said:

So, 0 upsets all day before our game, and our game gets twice the coverage?  Sounds ripe for a Shaka the nation by the cats. 

The Chokelahoma game isn’t over yet plus I think UCLA moves on.  

2 minutes ago, deadshank said:

I have a lifelong friend who’s some got a scholly to swim there.  

Who knew?  Heck, who knew the have water in Arizona?

In AZ everyone has a pool.  Even Michael Phelps lives or did live here.  

41 minutes ago, Hozz said:

At this point how is playing a sporting event with a covid positive athlete too risky?  Too risky for who?  Why weren't all these dudes vaccinated?

Uh bc the NCAA taking limited vaccines for the tournament would be the biggest PR nightmare they could ask for?

The US government would never prioritize vaccinating healthy young men aged 18-22 over other people just for our precious sports watching. 

The NCAA fucked up with the conference tournament schedule. People saw this coming a mile away.  Either they never should have happened or they should have pushed the tournament back a week to put a full uninterrupted week in between Selection Day and the first weekend. 

NinCompoops All Around 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

25 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Update:  Iowa/Grand Canyon winner now has a 78% chance of dying from dysentery before Monday's game with Oregon.

the computer has asked me to enter the names of the starting 5.  One is a carpenter from Illinois.  The others are coach's choice.  But one will need more food rations and two will die of cholera. 

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Sounds like they fucked around and found out. Really sucks for the kids on the team who did follow protocols, but that's the way she goes sometimes. Those kids learned a life lesson in a pretty tough way today.

Edited by BradInATX

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

To add more to this:

the A10 moved their tournament final up a week.  So the tournament was held March 3-6 then the title game held the 14th.  Had they played the title game like normal, VCU probably wouldn’t be in this situation. 

Just now, Pancho said:

To add more to this:

the A10 moved their tournament final up a week.  So the tournament was held March 3-6 then the title game held the 14th.  Had they played the title game like normal, VCU probably wouldn’t be in this situation. 

That’s so dumb 

42 minutes ago, SDG said:

In AZ everyone has a pool.  Even Michael Phelps lives or did live here.  

When my kid was at ASU, maintenance dropped a truckload of ice in to the outdoor pool every day to keep it at a swimmable temperature. 

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:
1 hour ago, elfenix said:
I had no idea that GCU was anything other than an online "school" that scams federal student loan money

Didn't some Jesus people get a hold of it?

They were always a Jesus school. New owners just went non dom instead of southern Baptist. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sbbruin said:

Please tell me no one here is going to be rooting for the Mormons tonight.  I hate those fuckers.  We’ve lost numerous football games to them playing against their 28 year olds.  Bullshit mission loophole.

I have UCLA in both brackets and I drafted them in our seeded challenge thing. But if I'm being honest, I did those things expecting to have Izzo Magic..

Edited by BradInATX

• Machinator changed the title to 2021 NCAA Tournament - Meta thread