2021 NCAA Tournament - Meta thread

Machinator

33 minutes ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

It has to do with TV deals. CBS has a commitment to airing the news on Sunday nights, so they get their game allotments early without competition so they don’t lose viewership by not having the “prime time” games. 

Things revert back to normal tomorrow.

Thx, Sarge.

• Machinator changed the title to 2021 NCAA Tournament - Meta thread
1 minute ago, Sal said:

Can someone explain how Syracuse seemingly surprises teams every year with the same zone defense and 3 point shooting offense?

I'm guessing it's because very few college basketball teams run a heavy zone defense anymore and it's hard to game plan for what you rarely practice/play against.

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I usually don't say this but we are pretty clearly the better team, IMO, and if we lose it's 100% a mental breakdown.

I'm not seeing that. I think you're pretty evenly matched. Maybe a bit more disciplined than Arky.

2 minutes ago, elfenix said:

I hate syracuse so much

There was a time I rooted for them because I felt sorry for them, seems they got close a few times but never over the hump.  But then JB turned into such a whiny fuck and I enjoy seeing them suffer, sort of how I felt about Duke back in K's early days and now.