2021 NCAA Tournament - Meta thread

Machinator

I simply fail to understand how college athletes can be so bad at making layups. It's been like that the entire season. We've been basically the opposite of our "good" teams under Beard this season. Poor shooting, poor FT shooting, mental collapses at the end of games. It's been really frustrating.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

I simply fail to understand how college athletes can be so bad at making layups. It's been like that the entire season. We've been basically the opposite of our "good" teams under Beard this season. Poor shooting, poor FT shooting, mental collapses at the end of games. It's been really frustrating.

Take a breath. I get it. Been there. But that was a helluva comeback. You guys are going to be good for a long time. At least wells isn't coaching your hoops team.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, pops said:

Take a breath. I get it. Been there. But that was a helluva comeback. You guys are going to be good for a long time. At least wells isn't coaching your hoops team.

Yeah I get it, it's just frustrating. It's happened almost exactly this way like 8 times this season, you could almost set your watch to it.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

missed a front end of a one and one and two shots at the rim (though i thought there was a foul on the first one).  lost by 2.

Missed free throw --Yeah karma is a bitch for "McClung  😋 

Edited by LTtxfan

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Remember how great Andre Emmett was down there under the basket?  He would just slide sideways down the baseline with that two handed layup that he would kiss off the glass. He was 100% 100% of the time down there. You knew if he got the ball down there it was always going to be a score. I miss that. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Remember how great Andre Emmett was down there under the basket?  He would just slide sideways down the baseline with that two handed layup that he would kiss off the glass. He was 100% 100% of the time down there. You knew if he got the ball down there it was always going to be a score. I miss that. 

RIP Andre.

Gotdammit don't need to think of him right now.

15 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Even Martin Zeno was automatic with that

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pops said:

Do you believe!!!

They came to win not just play. And I think their HC and what he has done in four years with this team is amazing. Last year they would have won the C-USA tournament IMO had there been one. This year they did. They have their first ever NCAA tournament win. And are. hopefully sweet 16 bound. Their HC knows what he is doing.