Road Trip 2018: @Maryland (FedEx Field) Sept. 1st - Labor Day Weekend

mdmost

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone's interested, here's info on Maryland's spring game... you can watch and check 'em out.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

MenuMaryland football 2018 spring game, time, TV channel, watch online

Find all the info you need on Maryland's spring game below.

Maryland football plays its spring game on Saturday, April 14. Find the time, TV channel and online live stream information below.

The Terps are in their third offseason under DJ Durkin, and are coming off a 4-8 season.

Maryland spring game 2018: Date

Maryland’s 2018 spring game is on April 14.

Maryland spring game 2018: Time

Maryland football’s 2018 spring game is at 12:30 p.m. ET.

Maryland spring game 2018: TV channel

Maryland football’s 2018 spring game will be televised on Big Ten Network.

Maryland football 2018 spring game roster

Find Maryland football’s full roster here.

Maryland football 2018 spring game preview: Three story lines to watch

Who’s playing quarterback…and who’s catching passes?

Maryland’s quarterback situation was a disaster in 2017, though no one is particularly to blame for this one. Tyrrell Pigrome started the season at quarterback only to see his year end in the season opener with a torn ACL against Texas. Kasim Hill took over and was quickly felled by the same injury two games later.

With 11, Max Bortenschlager played the most games at quarterback for Maryland in 2017. No. 2 was Ryan Brand, a preferred walk-on who won’t be with the team in 2018. Caleb Henderson, who was eligible last season after transferring from North Carolina, also saw his season derailed by injuries and has moved to an off-the-field role with the team.

That leaves Bortenschlager, early enrollee Tyler DeSue and walk-on Legend Brumbaugh as the lone healthy quarterbacks this spring. They’ll be the ones seeing action in the spring game.

With the loss of DJ Moore to the NFL draft, Maryland will also be looking for some wide receivers to step up, too. Seniors Jahrvis Davenport and Taivon Jacobs are the top options there, but junior DJ Turner and a whole bunch of redshirt freshmen will be in the mix too.

Will we get our first look at Anthony McFarland?

Anthony McFarland was the crown jewel of Maryland’s 2017 recruiting class. The 4-star recruit from nearby DeMatha Catholic High School chose the Terps over Miami, but he didn’t play at all in 2018 after his recovery from a high school ankle injury took a little longer than anticipated.

McFarland is healthy now, and that’s good news for a Maryland team with an explosive backfield that underwhelmed last season. McFarland will join senior Ty Johnson, juniors Lorenzo Harrison and Jake Funk, and sophomores Javon Leake and Tayon Fleet-Davis. It won’t be easy to break into that rotation, but McFarland has the talent to do so.

“Anthony really finally looks like his old self right now,” Durkin said this spring, according to The Diamondback. “He’s been tremendous at practice. … He’s explosive, he’s dynamic.”

What will the defense look like?

Maryland had warts all over in 2017, and the defense wasn’t immune. The Terps were 85th in S&P+ on defense, compared to 113 on offense, last season. That defense loses its leader in middle linebacker Jermaine Carter Jr., its most athletic player in CB JC Jackson as well as two more linebackers and three defensive linemen.

That’s good and bad news. Maryland’s run defense and pass rush have been simply bad over the last few seasons. Some former elite recruits, including Adam McLean, Cam Spence and Breyon Gaddy on the defensive line, are going to have to show up for Maryland’s defense to improve.

The team will have pass-rusher Jesse Aniebonam back for his final season. His progress recovering from an Achilles injury suffered in the 2017 opener against Texas will be another thing to watch in Maryland’s spring game.

31 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I highly recommend visiting Annapolis if you're in the DC area. Awesome crab, and The Naval Academy is a must-see campus. Cool little town all around, although it's a crowded madhouse most weekends. 

This.

Annapolis is badass, even if it is full of squids.  The historic homes and church buildings are incredible.

Tour the Academy and get some grub on the harbor.

We've had a couple of games at Fed-Ex and I won't do one again.  I'm also not going to Charlotte for our Tennessee game at the Panthers stadium this year, but I will run down to Raleigh for our NC State game.  These off campus games are just one more thing to kill the "atmosphere" of what is good about college football for the sake of yet more money in the coffers.  

PS: Dan Snyder eats very large bags of dicks.

Edited by Whitman

8 hours ago, Bevo in VA said:
On 4/17/2018 at 4:19 PM, David Dennison said:
I still can't believe they're playing this game at Danny Field.

I've been to few pro games there and it's just not a very good atmosphere. Nothing like the old RFK stadium.

To add insult to injury, now that the soccer team's done with it, they're tearing down RFK. although it probably needs it.  It's in pretty crappy shape.

Full disclosure:  I went to the first baseball game in RFK, then called D.C. Stadium.  It was a Senators/Tigers game (the Twins formed out of the "old" Senators being moved to M/SP that winter, but D.C. got expansion rights and didn't miss a year, and kept the name).  I don't remember much, I was a toddler, I do know that I fell asleep).  The stadium opened that previous football season, the Redskins' first in there.

Edited by phdhorn

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2018 at 11:41 PM, Party_Taco said:

Got a group of 4 dialed up and hoping to bring a bunch more from Austin.

Honestly, taking a 40 min train ride to the game sounds allsome - I'll be nice and lubricated before we even hit the pavement!

For a mile long walk uphill to that dump.

On the other hand, I'll be there slummin' it in Hyattville. Too bad, we could have played them at the "Byrd" its on campus and accommodating to the traveling team.

VGPFIEMYCZSTFCT.20150731225502.jpg

• 1 month later...

Need some help.

Planning on making a week of it and staying for the Astros/Red Sox series the following weekend. Would like to spend a day or two in Maine because I've never been there.

My pop wants to eat some lobster up there somewhere. Any tips or places to see/visit/do on the drive up into Maine??

Thanks

On 5/3/2018 at 12:21 PM, DCLonghorn said:

(gratuitous second post in lieu of editing first post...because POST COUNT!)

Sections Orange E and Orange F.

Screen-Shot-2016-10-07-at-5.06.01-PM.png

Have never been there, going this year, but that just looks (on paper anyway) to be an out and out clustercuss of the first order.  Just looks like a fucking disaster to get outta there after a game.  

25 minutes ago, slorch said:

I never realized Fedex field was 90 yards long...

That's the efficiency of FederalExpress at work right there.  When you need it delivered 100 yards away, several shipping companies will take your package the requisite 300 feet.  What FedEx presupposes is, what if we could it there in 270 feet?  You know...that much faster?