Yellowstone

RPM

I think it will be a cliffhanger, but just for the commercial break. He’ll end being driven to the ranch or something.  Doubt they’d leave something that serious as a season-to-season cliffhanger, but it would be a doozy. 

9 hours ago, EZ$ said:

I think it will be a cliffhanger, but just for the commercial break. He’ll end being driven to the ranch or something.  Doubt they’d leave something that serious as a season-to-season cliffhanger, but it would be a doozy. 

They knew they were renewed for s3, so why not?

Gah damn can't wait for the finale...one of the best shows on and actually went 10 episodes unlike 90% of other shows this year.

Season 1 built up a lot of characters and could be considered slow compared to the drama this season.  Season 2 is just lacking Beth boobs.

Still wonder why the 3rd brother was killed off so quick in the first season...he would have been a bad ass to have around now.  And none of his family ever mention him...his death didn't effect anyone personally like the mom's death obviously did. 

Man. We were hyped up for this ep. Just me or was it wrapped up too neat and easy??   I really expected a cliff hanger or something or more drama. Seemed more like a Walker Texas Ranger ep where you got an hour to solve the case.  

So wtf was the point of taking the kid? The brothers didn’t ask Duttons for ransom or deal for the kid? Did the brothers just think no one would come looking for a kid??  Sloppy. And no casualties to anyone with team Dutton? Meh. 

Still in on the show so hard. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

Yeah, I feel sorry for them. Maybe it’s remote detonated.

Somebody has to fish it out before an innocent gets kilt. They armed it when they dropped it in. The guy that built it now has a severe case of lead poisoning.

Edited by RPM

2 hours ago, Zwylde said:

Seems like they didn't have a true cliffhanger cause maybe they were thinking there wouldn't be a Season 3.  But if that was the case, you would think that they would have filmed two different finales just in case.

I think Season 3 was picked up very early in the season. 

During one of the commercial breaks they showed that they have already started filming Season 3.

17 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

Man. We were hyped up for this ep. Just me or was it wrapped up too neat and easy??   I really expected a cliff hanger or something or more drama. Seemed more like a Walker Texas Ranger ep where you got an hour to solve the case.  

So wtf was the point of taking the kid? The brothers didn’t ask Duttons for ransom or deal for the kid? Did the brothers just think no one would come looking for a kid??  Sloppy. And no casualties to anyone with team Dutton? Meh. 

Still in on the show so hard. 

Maybe they hit back so fast the Bros. didnt get a chance to do anything yet.

20 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

yeah, this is kinda what i was wondering.  they take aim at what matters most.  then they act like they have nothing to do with it.  then the guy's like, "nobody ever fights back."  uh, ok.  so i guess costner and his 100+ year ranch and all his guys were gonna say, "hey, ok, stop being so mean.  just give us the boy back and we'll do whatever you need."  they left a lot of fucking scorched earth along the way just to have no plan with the grandson other than to turn him over to a bunch of white nationalists.

i just assume they were white nationalists.  it was hard to say, what with the "white power" tv show and everything draped in confederate flags.  not to mention their haircuts and clothes. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

But seriously...who takes a shit without their cell phone? Brother Teal had it coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was reading a newspaper for Christ's sake. NOBODY reads a newspaper on the shitter since the year 2000.

also why even kill him at that point?

keep shooting him in all the places that won't kill him quickly.  he'll still die on the toilet.  but you'll get to leave him agonizing for hours.  worst case he crawls out and dies on the floor.

in so many of these shows, the bad guys wreak havoc for an entire season, and at the end, they just got shot and die.  no court, no jail, no pain, no revenge.  doesn't anybody torture anymore?

38 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

keep shooting him in all the places that won't kill him quickly.  he'll still die on the toilet.  but you'll get to leave him agonizing for hours.  worst case he crawls out and dies on the floor.

in so many of these shows, the bad guys wreak havoc for an entire season, and at the end, they just got shot and die.  no court, no jail, no pain, no revenge.  doesn't anybody torture anymore?

Didn't Casey have to set up a crime scene to make it look like a shootout?  Really couldn't leave him alive at that point.

14 hours ago, DeepEastTexas said:

Jack Flack

That too.

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

In addition to the point about the crime scene, he also couldn't risk him warning his brother that he told them where they are.

Solid ending to the second season, it was interesting that they wrapped the conflict, wonder where they go from here.There will need to be another new crisis looming now that jenkins is gone and he's on speaking terms with Rainwater.

Edited by MillerEP

It was definitely rushed.  The entire assassination of the 1st brother was poorly written.  First of all, Buck Compton phoned his brother and told him to GTFO.  Secondly, you just kidnapped a kid from a place that you know is going to come kick your ass, so your only line of defense is 2 cops out front that aren't on your payroll?

The white power militia raid was weird as well.  It almost appeared as if they put on their teflon vests, had a couple of words, took about 5 steps, and then got opened up on.  I also didn't get the point of the guy just shooting himself in the head for no reason.

Still love the show, though.  It's like SoA except with a more personal connection because I know ranch life (to a point).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

It's like SoA except with a more personal connection because I know ranch life (to a point).

at times i think it feels like billions set on a ranch.

other times it has a justified vibe, but maybe that's just the fact that neil mcdonough is the big baddie (again).  some overlap with succession too, especially when one of the children was looking to blaze their own trail with a political run which could ultimately go against the family.

when this show is at its best, it's a good juggling act between montana politics, dutton family politics, native american rights, and all the violence and dirty shit it takes to hold onto a family ranch in montana.  it's a delicate ecosystem though, as we've seen this season.  when any one of those sucks up too much oxygen, the show is very uneven.  i don't know how much sheridan is actually writing, but i would guess not very much of the scene-to-scene or dialogue.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...