BigOrange1

Surly Boxing Thread

I hate that immediate rematch shit. Wilder should have to fight Joshua for the right to fight Fury again. Fury beat his ass twice already and only corrupt judging kept Wilder from getting 2 Ls

35 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

I hate that immediate rematch shit. Wilder should have to fight Joshua for the right to fight Fury again. Fury beat his ass twice already and only corrupt judging kept Wilder from getting 2 Ls

Yea but why would Joshua grant Wilder a fight? Joshua wants the belts. He has no reason to fight a Wilder that doesn’t have any belts. 
Not that I disagree with your overall point just saying it’s not that simple.

Wilder just lost and Joshua is just coming off reclaiming his belt after losing as well. That's why they should both have to fight each other to see who gets the right to go after the undefeated champion.

Unless there's somebody else besides Wilder in the heavyweight division who should fight Joshua instead for that chance. Wilder got dominated for every round except 1 or 2 over the course of 2 fights with Fury so I'm not too keen on watching him get dominated by Fury a third time. 

22 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Wilder just lost and Joshua is just coming off reclaiming his belt after losing as well. That's why they should both have to fight each other to see who gets the right to go after the undefeated champion.

Unless there's somebody else besides Wilder in the heavyweight division who should fight Joshua instead for that chance. Wilder got dominated for every round except 1 or 2 over the course of 2 fights with Fury so I'm not too keen on watching him get dominated by Fury a third time. 

I’m saying there is no reason for Joshua to fight anyone other than Fury. Yea Joshua lost but he still has 4 belts. He’s gonna fight tuneups for the most part I would bet until it’s time for the super fight, whether that is vs Fury or Wilder. He’s not gonna fight anyone for the right to anything. He’s the most unified of the champions technically. 

And I agree with you and unless Wilder develops an entirely new way of boxing over the next 5 months then I don’t think he stands must chance again.